20 yo

>20 yo
>pajeet tier code
>never had a programming job
>charm my way into a developer position
>start monday
how fucked am I Sup Forums? Does everyone start out really under qualified or will I be looking for a new job in 2 months?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.doko.moe/jecwnk.tar.xz
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>charm my way into a developer position
lucki boi. Post yer chad face and let me see my chances

I don't know man I work at a grocery store

> pajeet tier code
>20 yo
It's OK.
> Does everyone start out really under qualified
Depends on your definition of it.

It was more along the lines of me pretending to be a brogrammer for an hour
>free gym membership? hell yeah bro that's rad

I'd call myself a jack of all trades but I'm more along the lines of a master of none. I have a VERY basic understanding of a bunch of languages and frameworks but nothing solid

You obviously knew enough to get hired unless you lied about something relevant to the position. Junior Devs are seen as incompetent at best anyway. As long as you can get up to speed with whatever frameworks they use at a somewhat reasonable pace you'll be fine.

you are not fucked
your userbase is

Thanks bud my paranoia is subdued for another day

They’ll know in a couple of weeks. That’s how long I give a new developer to get up to speed on the project and begin contributing.

Unfortunately, from a management perspective, software development is more of a craft than a process and so we expect it to take time to get going even for a senior developer. We try to make it more process=oriented with formal coding styles, processes, tools, but in the end it’s always more of a craft.

W-well?

I'm definitely not that handsome

Dont worry, similar story but I had an electronical engineering degree,
>got into a programming job at small company
>never did anything more than dummy trash led controls on mcu
>struggle to implement some basic shit on spaghetti C++ code base for some linux system
>sneak into rebuilding the linux platform with yocto
>become the "linux guy"
>tfw listening to Sup Forums and installing gentoo wasnt useless at all
>now managing some servers and automating stuff
>thanks Sup Forums

just survive your first week.

the difference between "cannot program" and "bad code" is enormous. The best problem solvers in the world can write bad code and still solve a problem but if you can't solve problems you're fucked.

also assuming you're on a starting salary they really can't complain too much. If they want good developers hot to trot they need to pay the market price for that.

you look like you need a hug buddy

get a decent night's sleep before you go in.

Your eyes look tired
Can relate :(

You'll be fine. This industry is filled with people who are massively incompetent.

>face

>that tired, soulless look
No wonder they took you to be a programmer

Also if you want to try and cram 4 years of a cs degree into about 4 days, i happen to have a degree work of digital textbooks for it

Pic related

Can you upload those folders? Interested to see the progresssion of the complexity of your programs.

You have no idea how bad it is. My office just had to get rid of multiple Indian contractors because they didn't know how to code. Not that they produced bad code, they literally actually did no work during the day and went home and had their friends write and commit code for them.

Just be willing, be present, and try your best to solve the problems they give you and you'll do fine.

im not a cs major and havent studied the textbooks myself. My plan is to study them in my off time, but working part time and being an ME major that off time doesnt really exist

The folder is uploading to mediafire

I would like those books.

dumb frogposter

>not that user
T-thanx! I'll be waiting for them.

Yeah I'd like them too

If the thread becomes kill before it finishes (26%) ill make a new one

I'm keen for these files as well so bumpin

ok so mediafire was being stupid so I made a torrent.

...and uploaded the .torrent to mediafire

wwwDOTmediafireDOTcomSLASHfileSLASH4zjdbkfdziklj4tSLASHcseduDOTtorrent

if the .torrent doesnt work Im probably not seeding it somehow

If someone can get a filehost to work that'd be nice :)

Why not mega?

you'll be fine man enjoy the money and the ride, learn from the people above you and act, code and interact conservatively. Make friends, do your research, push quality code.

You'd only need the first three books to convince most people you're competent, unless your job is like full on systems programming or AI shit

There, I'm fairly certain i'm seeding at least once now (possibly twice somehow)

can somebody confirm that it's working?

So just bury yourself in YouTube tutorials until you at least get something. It's really about knowing how to use the tools than it is being creative.

Go back to /r9k/

newfriends

Spencer???

From what I can tell nobody is actually leeching

tpb says I have to wait an hour before uploading a torrent

fucking Stanley :D

>be me
>fresh out of uni
>only marketable language is php
>hired as web dev
>start Monday
>they send me sample code as I'm junior
>it's fullstack JavaScript as well as some python +flask

I'm shitting my pants for monday

this jus do your best to fool everyone and start at the same time to read shit like crazy. lucky lucky nigga

wtf is fullstack? i've only heard web devs use such term.

Post the books.

Upload it to mega you fuckin' jew. Or at least post the textbook names for each folder so we can get go get them off libgen.

The only nonretard itt.

>wwwDOTmediafireDOTcomSLASHfileSLASH4zjdbkfdziklj4tSLASHcseduDOTtorrent
reupload the torrent m8

>Sup Forums filename

> wtf is fullstack?
CSS+JS+HTML5+SQL+PHP+Docker. A shitload of skills for moderate money.

This is basically me and in final year of grad. I secured an internship that involves working in ML. I know concepts and coding but I suck at math and was thinking about having career of web dev or some shit. I am scared.

I started my first job as a developer.
I spend about ~25% of my time writing software.
I am not saying writing software is irrelevant, it is clearly relevant, but it is not all I do.
The hard part is the context switch.
From planning a presentation, to writing a paper to going to meetings and then go back to the code takes time.
So take notes.
It seems silly at first but you quickly develop a shorthand for these kinds of things and it saves you a lot of time when switching between the tasks.

s/I started/I just started/

textbook user here

I uploaded the torrent to piratebay

thepiratebay.org/torrent/19306880

you're the man
downloading & seeding

post this on /t/ to keep alive

Thanks. Will download and put on seedbox. As soon as it starts...

>404

which textbook is it anyway?

done

>27
>have enough money to last me at least 10 years with 0 income
>want a programming career
>0 job history at all
I synthesized and supplied large amounts of drugs for a distributor with a small team of people a few times a year. We took it seriously but I'm wondering what I should say if I get an interview.
>you've got nothing listed, why is that? How did you support yourself for years?
I kind of want to be honest, would that be stupid or smart? I don't want to lie.

should have waited for some to download before posting it to /t/. right now you're the only uploader.

Lie your ass off

Different user here, once it hits 100 I'll be hosting it 24/7 for at least a month on a gigabit line.

You'll be fine. I suppose it's an entry level position, not a senior one. Probably they'll assign you some easy tasks at the beginning like fixing a one-line bug and guide you thru the entire process of integrating your changes, testing, etc.

say you had no purpose in life and was a neet who basically browsed the web all the time and now you want a purpose in life or some shit. that makes sense.

That's more or less true, since I didn't have to work I spent all my time sitting around here doing nothing and occasionally devoting time to learning with online courses, textbooks, and personal experience making and releasing my own projects.

>anno Domini 2016+1
>torrent
>tpb
Nice try agent Sheckelberg.

Look what you've done.

Same here. It's so small it will probably be seeded indefinitely.

Nice blog user, to solve this problem I suggest killing yourself.

Why do you feel the need to be hostile when I am only seeking advice and guidance from those with experience?

Unironically did the exact same thing. Been here six months. I think it's going okay. Shitposting from my job right now

They'll know but you'll get better

>The folder is uploading to mediafire
>not having a premium mediafire account

Pick one.

M8, please post it.

It's when you program frontend and back end for half the salary of a normal developer

read the thread retard

what's wrong with people wanting to educate themselves?

I'm only teasing.

in what order should i read them?

from

Nice reddit meme there, cocksucker.

cheek bastard

I would do them from top to bottom just because reasons. Obviously, lower level classes should go first, but a lot of those classes won't be in an exact order, rather you could study them in groups

>all these newfags who don't know this meme face

developer is just an overhyped name for someone who knows shit about nothing. Basically all the job entails is thinking up ideas that programmers might not have thought about
If you are lucky they will let you make coffee for them while they talk about more important things than what you have said. Best way to think of it is like this. Does the company own a chain of burger bars? If so it would be a promotion if you end up flipping burgers

thanks user

Good luck.

>bitch lasagna
Lost

>rather you could study them in groups
This intrigues me. Why isn't there a Sup Forums study group?

He meant study the book concurrently you autist.

Here ya go. Just uploaded it.
a.doko.moe/jecwnk.tar.xz

show bobs & vegana

Bump

Need those files.

Soyboy

There was. I joined #studygroup on Rizon after hearing about it from Sup Forums, but it ended up empty after a week or two. Everyone either left or moved to some discord with a similar purpose. I am never ever going to use discord, so I just left after it was down to two of us in there.

Doesn't work here

This loads slowly

It looked like I was possibly the last seeder and then I left. I didn't wanna leave something from TPB running, though. I normally only use private trackers.

>Does everyone start out really under qualified

Yes, and when you get good you'll start to hate software development because of people who are like you now

Confirmed. Seeded from here once too