/wt/ - Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtube.com/watch?v=8bHLB5lQNHY

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/raketa-poljot-de-luxe-watch-vintage/253259665544
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jaeger memovox

Absolutely gorgeous. Is that an E855? Would love to eventually get one of these old bumper memovox's.

Good morning wt

Morning

>wearing it on the hand

straight dope today nice watches guys.

stop being a faggot

(You)

Yep E855. Sounds great

>>Required viewing for newbies:
hell no nigga
>pure class my friend

I think that guy may be mentally ill

infograph?

infographic/ˌJnfə(ʊ)ˈɡrafJk/
noun

a visual representation of information or data, e.g. as a chart or diagram.

Has your love for watches motivated to do or achieve some interesting stuff in your life?
In my case my love for slavshit has motivated me to learn Russian autodidactically. I even started recently to date a very qt Russian girl from college, who was my “tandem language partner” at first. жизнь хopoшa!

good work user ^-^
i like russian language also, best of luck to you

Hey there, wristlets.

why

>Replying to obvious bait

Divers are allowed to be big

I want to learn Russian just so I can watch Tarkovsky films without subtitles.

It's ok to be a big diver.

its big to be an ok diver

its diver to be a big ok

It's big okay to be a diver

Post watches, please.

Cпacибo, aнoн! :3

Go ahead!!! I recommend you to start learning the alphabet and after being able to read cyrillic you'll feel cool and invincible. After that look for "Michel Thomas Russian course" on youtube, best method out there and for free!
Haven't watched any Tarkovsky movie though, which one can you recommend me?

Ok.

It's ok to be a big diver.

Ordering custom watches from Meranom that I designed.

eh... well that's not exactly a life achievement but could you post some examples? I'm curious.

>spending months designing a product
>not an achievement
This isn't just some $20 printed t-shirt.

working on watches as a hobby

Mainly just to make me pursue higher education to afford them. I'm pretty motivated to complete my slavshit collection due to my russian ancestors

>tfw robotics made living underwater for operations not worth the cost
>tfw you will never be a cool diver with Cousteau at the sea floor
i didn't want this feel.

Well but by designing a watch do you mean ordering separate pieces (cases, dials, hands, bezels etc) and asking Meranom to assembly it for you? or does it mean that you agree with him on building your own design from scratch. Please post examples, I'm really interested.

Don't remind me.

So I would have to wind this watch and the electronical component it has. The watch itself has no benefits of quartz but it displays the watches accuracy, but does not adjust it automatically.
I don't see the point really.
Seiko kinetic or spring drive would be much much better.
Neat geeky concept though.

I also like my diver despite having not very large wrists.

Redundant and absolutely pointless. They're basically saying the owner should carry around a timegrapher integrated into the watch. Trash.

Fokken wristlets

the turtle is tiny compared to the smallest memeblue watch
you just have small wrists user

boxing glove?

are these USSR watches a meme? They're so cheap and stylish

ebay.com/itm/raketa-poljot-de-luxe-watch-vintage/253259665544

Definitely not a meme, the one you linked though will most likely have a Luch movement inside judging from the caseback finishing.

>Luch movement

is that a bad thing?

Looks like shit.

Well the movement is the same as in the Poljot de luxe. Poljot just stopped manufacturing it around 1975 and ever since it was made only by Luch. Why many watches are trying to masquerade as a Poljot is because it's more appreciated than Luch.
Here's three examples of the movements, left is Poljot and the two on the right are Luch.

Luch also had a Poljot style of marking the movements which you could at firt see as a Poljot, but it's very easy to see the differences.

>fake aged lume is a sign of poor ta...

does any1 else do nice deployent clasps like Patek?

I think Bagelsport has some.

General thoughts on Citizens? I've been looking for something I could wear anywhere and preferably with a leather band.

What is it about shitters that attracts cucks?

Hngggg

>Deepshit

is this meme back again?

It's the perception of "class"

what's wrong with memeblue?

wtf is this chink shit. i mean from some1 reputable. like any place I can get a custom clasp

>signed ring
isn't it Signet ring?

That actually fits fine

>he still has to adjust time manually

>when you're such a cuck even your watch cucks you with DCF77/Fort Collins

Is getting multiple watches with the same movement dumb? I like SNK809 and SKX007 but getting both seems like a waste, even if they serve different purposes

pick one and save for a non shitter

thought so, just had to hear it from someone else

What are some good quartz not made by Japanese but are the same price as eco drives and the Seiko dolce?

I wonder how hard it is to machine your own watch case.

In terms of modern watches, the longines vhp is pretty good, though a little over your budget.

not that difficult, you just need the machinery.

that cnc machine is probably half a million dollars.

I think my dad has a vertical milling machine though.

Also movement makers do release drawings on case fitting for watch manufacturers.

I'm considering making a case.

All i have is a watchmaker's lathe powered by a sewing machine motor and a micro mill.

The main problem I'll face is machining the steel in general- I'm gonna stop the motor every second trying to cut it. and probably break the belt a few times.

I can only achieve flat and rounded geometry as well. I don't know how I could make sharp corners, like when rolex lugs go into the round profile of the case, that "sharpness."

I though about using a lathe too.

I guess you could turn an early XX. century-style round case with soldered wire-lugs, maybe even out of brass than steel.

yeah considered using a base metal, then plating it so many times its more gold filled than platted.

but still, turning a large piece of stock with a low torque motor isnt fun.

Have you considered looking for a maker lab with a CNC machine and lathe?

yw

Thank you for buying me this Micheal Kors watch for Christmas user!

yes. the dude is obviously just a religious follower of our savior TGV

>investing in 7/10s

There nothing in that pot. As empty and barren as her womb.

imagine the spacer on this

>Not a Big Daddy 2
Nice job showing that you're still some beta low test wristcel.

Sup fags

i think you guys are mentally ill, this wont end well

[pic related]

Nice Frederique Constant homage

That was such a cool phone.

I miss the old days when phones were gimmicky and simple. Now all we have are black rectangles that wind up having a hard time making calls after a few years.

I mean modern phones are great, but yeah I miss the times when everyone was just trying out all this crazy bullshit hoping that it'd stick.
I remember having a Samsung Gravity and while it wasn't anything special or crazy, I loved the hell out it.

> I mean modern phones are great, but yeah I miss the times when everyone was just trying out all this crazy bullshit
This is exactly how I feel about late 60s/early 70s watches.

>seiko male buys SKX which has dirt on the dial

>not using a Mi Band 2 as your daily watch

too lazy to take a pic~

>tfw Seiko 6s21 is discontinued but new bulova is just as accurate as regular quartz watches
Why did this happen?