#JusticeForDennis

#JusticeForDennis

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing#Death]
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Make the most exploitable piece of shit language ever
>In anyway clever
shiggy

Great image. An overrated faggot who gets hyped up by people who don't really know what they're talking about, and Steve Jobs.

No Apple without Steve Wozniak.
Steve Jobs couldn't code.
He was just a stinky hipster Hitler.

>No windows
>No unix
>No C
This is suppose to be worse then the world we live in? Are you implying I dont't want to be living in a world filled with lisp machines?

>C
>shit
you can only choose one, bruh

>caring about the media and the normalfags who consume it

OK sheeple

that image would be better if you removed the bottom half

no smart person has ever used the word "sheeple"

#include
int main (int argc, char** argv) {
printf("F");
return 0;
}

life is not fair steve was a celebrety and just like it's not fair that people care about some crack whore actor dying instead of someone who actually mattered, but that's how the world works.

FUCK YOU.

#JusticeForDouglas

Fuck off Rust homo

>one guy can advertise
>the other is a closeted autist
>gee how come the first guy is more popular
Same goes for Wozniak btw

>Compile program
>No errors
>Run program
>Segmentation Fault
Do you have any idea how many late nights I spent in the computer lab for the beginning of my undergrad? I wasn't banging hot chicks. I wasn't going to parties. I was screaming (sometimes crying/begging) at the "ultraSparc" I was sitting in front of. I'm literally shaking right now. I think my Intro to C class gave me PTSD.

Fuck C
Fuck Unix

Dennis Ritchie's rotting corpse can eat a dick.

t.A happy Pythonista

>War hero and basically father of electronic computers.
>Because of his sexuality he gets sentenced to hormone therapy which chemically castrates him.
>Kills himself after that.

Don't blame your betters for your lack of skill and patience.

this is embarrassing. enjoy being a web dev pleb after you graduate

>father of electronic computers.
nope.jpg

>His design for the Automatic Computing Engine (ACE) was the first complete specification of an electronic stored-program all-purpose digital computer.

C and UNIX are really important, but this is horribly exaggerated.

> No Windows
Windows would have been coded in another programming language.

> No Programs
This is beyond stupid.

> We would all read in Binary.. [sic]
High-level programming languages existed before C, even C was based on other programming languages.

Please don't shit on Dennis Ritchie's grave by blatantly lying about his accomplishments.

Actually Turing's suicide is still quite fishy.
Some stil speculate that it might have been accidental cyanide poisoning, since there was no cyanide in/on the apple, and he had a regular habit of eating apples before going to bed. Furthermore, his electroplating processes tended to produce cyanide as a biproduct and he was not very cautious around those. In addition to that, despite the chemical castration he was reported to have "taken it in good humor" which makes the theory of suicide even more suspect.

>b-but that movie i watched made by a homosexual producer s-said turing died because of homosexuality
lol, no. Maybe do your own research first instead of falling for the media and its lies?

"Philosophy professor Jack Copeland has questioned various aspects of the coroner's historical verdict. He suggests an alternative explanation for the cause of Turing's death, this being the accidental inhalation of cyanide fumes from an apparatus for electroplating gold onto spoons, which uses potassium cyanide to dissolve the gold. Turing had such an apparatus set up in his tiny spare room. Copeland notes that the autopsy findings were more consistent with inhalation than with ingestion of the poison. Turing also habitually ate an apple before bed, and it was not unusual for it to be discarded half-eaten.[132] In addition, Turing had reportedly borne his legal setbacks and hormone treatment (which had been discontinued a year previously) "with good humour" and had shown no sign of despondency prior to his death, even setting down a list of tasks he intended to complete upon return to his office after the holiday weekend.[132] Turing's mother believed that the ingestion was accidental, resulting from her son's careless storage of laboratory chemicals.[133]"
[en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing#Death]

Question everything user, the turning "suicide" case is just fuel for the left-wing furnace, nothing more. Who needs truth when you could push a message?

Life is a terrible place

the only way your here shitposting is that mans hard work
a've some respect m8

y'all say it like lack of Lisp Machines in modern-day is good thing

Who cares what normie retatds think?

Because Steve Jobs was an expert marketer, and hence he was well known, Apple became what iit is to be popular among non-computer enthusiasts.

Most people don't even know what C and Unix are, but the people who do respect Dennis

F

Fucking hipsters, I swear

He was literally Jewish.

If Dennis Ritchie didn't add types to B then Ken Thompson would have.

Seems this, like all else, was a community effort. One dude masterminded the precise method to allow the machines that another wanted to use and sell to exist. They are complimentary. See how duality works, digital friends? The 1 and also the 0.

You shouldn't care about who low-iq trashes turn into legends.
The people who really care about technology already know and understand his impact on modern computers.

program respect;
uses crt;
begin
writeln('F');
end.

>I wasn't banging hot chicks. I wasn't going to parties.
These are good things, don't mix with trashes.
> I was screaming (sometimes crying/begging) at the "ultraSparc" I was sitting in front of. I'm literally shaking right now. I think my Intro to C class gave me PTSD.
ho, you're one of these wastes of space...
Preserve humanity integrity, don't make children we don't need your cucked dna.

>The "it would have happened anyway!!!"

Please stop being a giga retard for just a second and realize how that argument can apply to every accomplishment ever achieved.

No matter what you think of UNIX and C, Dennis Ritchie still did more than some hipster faggot in a turtleneck and some braindead webdev like

#include

using namespace std;

int main()
{
cout

>cout

My Electronics teacher used to say his suicide was fishy but for other reasons
Apparently he was quite singular (even though the movie depicts him as totally oblivious to his surroundings) and may have been assassinated.

Being famous was the job of Steve Jobs, he was a marketer and the reason why Apple is famous.

>They are complimentary. See how duality works, digital friends? The 1 and also the 0.
Literally the most retarded display of pseudo-intelligence I've ever read.
And I don't mean veritably. I mean literally.

>No Programs
You are an idiot.

For some reason I read that as doctor rim jobs.

The world doesn't work that way

meanwhile john mccarthy died around the same time and unix kiddies dont even notice

Your argument would be valid if you were talking about ASM, but C is easy is fuck if you're not completely retarded. So you're completely retarded and Ritchie has nothing to do with that, so go kys yourself.

at least assembly languages are not riddled with undefined behavior everywhere

This has been proven fake. You guys how keep posting this are idiots with no legitimate reasons to dislike jobs.

I don't think he cared too much, the best people in a particular field tend to be humble.

F U L L
U
L
L

D M G
M
G

C O N T R O L
O
N
T
R
O
L

Only half of even non-neo-Sup Forums will know who Dennis Ritchie is.

Half of people who know who Dennis Ritchie is probably only know who Douglas Engelbart is.

This place is 99% Apple and "I'm 14 and Linux is cool".

>He was just a stinky hipster Hitler.
true dat

this

>being new here

Why does Ritchie look so creepy? His eyes are soulless

Based Woz. He's the only Apple-related character that isn't a slimy creep.

make program
; This is the hey part
place STRING "F"
wait::