/sqt/ - Stupid Question Thread

Ask retarded shit here.

Starting:
What cryptocurrency wallet do I choose? There's dozens and I'm not sure what their differences even are. Is there a way to backup my bitcoins in case my hdd fails and my wallet is corrupted or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

rizonesoft.com/disable-windows-10-updates-group-policies/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamir's_Secret_Sharing#Shamir.27s_secret-sharing_scheme
jenniferdewalt.com/
w3schools.com/
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web
thepiratebay.org/search/windows 10/0/99/0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I searched the catalog and didn't find "sqt" so I created this one. Guess I should've actually tried searching for "stupid question thread"...

It happens user. No worries.

And mine was only created 43 seconds later so I would've missed it anyways in that time period

yeah if I hadn't asked my 2 questions

Do I really have to download 145gb of information just for a bitcoin wallet? Wtf?

holy shit how the fuck do you disable windows update? i'm sick of this shit constantly pushing updates and restarting my machine on it's own.

i'm about 2 seconds away from installing linux on this thing.

Are magnetic screwdriver bits safe? Was thinking it'd make a good Christmas present for someone who likes to dabble in electronics repair and specifically vidya console modding but idk if it'd fuck up his shit

Thats the way it works. Transactions aren't verified by a single entity, the whole network verifies them. Everyone sees every transaction.

just happened to read this? lol is that shit for real? so eventually everyones gonna have to download petabytes of data just to have a wallet?

rizonesoft.com/disable-windows-10-updates-group-policies/

I don't see a reason why not. You may want to use a non magnetic one for HDD/SSD installation. Though I know a lot of people don't even bother.

>i'm about 2 seconds away from installing linux on this thing
>i'm about 2 seconds away from installing linux on this thing

Yeah I guess, sounds kinda insane.

Also, WHAT'S THE BEST WALLET???
There are dozens of options and like wtf which one do I pick, does it matter? Should I just use Bitcoin Core, the one from the main website?
Third, when I backup my wallet to another drive or something, I hope I don't have to also backup the whole ledger.

Only have to worry around floppies and tape.

>he fell for Win10 meme

Alright guys, trying to recall that movie where the guy retells his life story and his buddies got super powers like one is really accurate and the midget with super lungs? He visits the moon King and some Arabian prince?

is this normal

I want to replace my chink mousepad for fear it'll give me cancer over time. Is Qck a good choice? Don't really want to blow more than 10 bucks on one, also please no stinky chink ripoffs.

Yes. There's a property called "coercivity". Basically, a given material can only be magnetized or demagnetized by a field at or above a given strength. Magnetic screwdriver bits are far weaker than the coercivity of hard drive platters, so its perfectly safe to use them around computers. Even the very low coercivity of floppy disks and credit-card magstripes isn't a problem.

Which way the fan is blowing?

The airflow is going down through the fins. Most non-tower coolers are like that.

why would anyone directed to "sqt" search anyhing but "sqt" on the catalog. the other thresd is a failure, rendering this the only relevant one

if it wasn't recreated better via this thread it would have happened later by someone else

Besides VPN is there a way to access or least see the Japanese playstore? I have a rooted phone.

red

What's the best 3rd party keyboard for android? Using google Japanese now and it's painful

You could use an unofficial store like qooapp if you don't mind chinese spyware.

proxy

Can my company find out that my boyfriend has been sending his dick pics to my work phone? I tell him not to do it but he never listens.

Yep.

>blue
>red
>complete opposite
Sup Forums tech advice at its best

If you buy something from Amazon Warehouse Deals and it arrives in shitty condition worse than what was represented to you, will they send you a replacement? Or just a refund?

Probably. But unless you work at a shithole they won't care.

blue
the fan is most effective when pushing the air with the concave side. You should probably assume the designers weren't absolute morons and have it spinning the right way. The air blows down then out the side.

Holy fuck. Haven't thought about proxy since high school. Thanks man for being back memories. How do you configure for Firefox?

Thanks but would rather not.

I need an extender for a audio jack for my computer. Is it better to get a usb hub with audio jack included or is it better to a straight audio cord extender? Or is the audio quality the same between the two?

Ubuntu gives me a "Network dropped connection on reset" error whenever I try to transfer a file larger than a few hundred KBs to my smb share. The end result is that I end up with a zero byte file with the same file name.
Network dropped connection on reset.

I can rename/read files and folders just fine though.

Actually the limit is exactly 128k.

um ok

Just get a long 3.5mm cable, unless you gnaw on the cable the quality wont be any worse than it is now. Getting a usb soundcard the audio quality will change according to the quality of the new usb sound card. And if it markets itself as a "usb hub with audio jack included" then I promise you it will be worse.

look in the samba logs

thanks user that's what I was afraid of

Samba logs don't contain anything because I used nautilus to mount the share, and nautilus don't even dump logs in a single place.

Manually mounting with
sudo mount -t cifs -o uid=1000,gid=1000,username=user,password=password,vers=1.0 //Server/share /home/user/share seems to avoid the problem. I suspect it's the vers=1.0 since my server is an Nvidia Shield and god knows what outdated libraries that's using.

The question now becomes how do I get Nautilus to negotiate the protocol version properly, and where can I force it to use a specific version of the protocol.

>Samba logs don't contain anything because I used nautilus
The logs on the server!

smb.conf on the server supports directives for the minimum and maximum version it will negotiate, play with those

Need help with how VPS works
So my local internet is not very fast, and I want a way to use a computer which has fast internet- to download testnet blockchain etc.
So can I use remote view to the VPS and use it like a normal computer? Can I use it as a seed box too?
My main objective is to test ipfs for gternet ideas. So is a VPS appropriate? I cant test it on my PC because of sites slow internet (5 Mbps)
And how fast is vps? Thank-you

I got ride of the SMB2 minimum on smb.conf but Nautilus still has the same error.

I'm trying to access a Samba share on an Nvidia Sheld so this is purely a client issue. Windows on the same machine has zero issues with it which confirms my suspicions.

Just like Bitcoin has 2/3 multi sig, does 2/3 multi sig exist for file encryption too? If two keys are shown, the file is decrypted

wsus server and gpo.

Actually it's pretty much confirmed that the shield uses version 1.0 which is a bit shite. I'm going to move on to an NFS solution instead.

Touchpal even though botnet

Do dead pixels actually indicate the screen will fail sooner? I thought it was a harmless but annoying factory defect.

What's the best way to learn web development? Should I just use Codecademy or should I buy a book? Or is there a better option?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamir's_Secret_Sharing#Shamir.27s_secret-sharing_scheme
Also multi party crptography.

Wix!

I want to learn web development to become employable, not to make a person project.

>What's the best way to learn web development?
What part? Front-end, back-end or full stack?

jenniferdewalt.com/
One website every day for a year.

I'm thinking of just focusing on front-end for now.

w3schools.com/

Start with HTML. Next some CSS and some CSS framework, like Bootstrap or Foundation. Then JavaScript and JQuery. If you're still interested, learn about Webpack, SASS and React. Now you're employable.

>w3fools
Come on. I know they have got better recently but have some self respect and use mdn developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web

Is there any benefit to using these sites over something like Codecademy?

It doesn't matter what you use. You learn best by doing. Start a project, and keep adding new stuff to it. Start with a basic index.html.

Now that Greasemonkey is dead, what extension do you use for your scripts?

I've got a x230 that's only got usb3 ports.
I want to get a thunderbolt 3 dock.

will the dock work off usb3 from the x230? albeit limited to usb3 specs, I don't care just as long as it works.

I figure I will eventually upgrade so might as well get a tb3 dock now and save myself the hassel when I do because I have a $100 amazon voucher I need to spend.

Is tor on its own safe to use?
If not, how can I make it safe(r), if possible at all

define safe
If you are harrasing someone, sure
If you are lotting to assasinate merkel, maybe not
depends on your threat model

Can someone direct me to a laptop on Amazon UK I can do Gamemaker and World of Tanks on? Whatever is cheapest I can get away with I guess.

Whats a good browser since firefox got a huge stick up their arse? Ethical my ass!

Needs to run shit correctly alongside the usual features like noscript ublock umatrix, and some sort of downloader like flashgot.

>i'm about 2 seconds away from installing linux on this thing.
You say it like it's a radical measure or something.
Install Ubuntu, it's perfect as a babby's first real operating system.

No. To use Tor safely you need to take extra security measures. Don't use Windows. Use Tails OS. Beware shoulder surfers. Don't identify yourself to any sites through Tor. Don't use Google. Don't log in _anywhere_ that might be associated with you. Disable JavaScript.

Technically, everything is safe as long as you don't do something, that would make the NSA or its local equivalent interested in you in a bad way.

It's 2017.
Can I do some light multitasking while rendering (4K video, 3D, etc)?

The X230 has a 2.0 port on the right. Source: I have one

Sure. It may slow down you process depending what you do meanwhile.

I have a Samsung Glaxy Tab S. Is there a way I can turn this into a linux machine?

I see. What I am concerned is not slowdown, but glitches or errors that will degrade the quality.
Skipping frames, sound cutting etc.

When I say light multitasking I mean, maximum watching youtubes, listening to music. No gaming or editing while rendering.

That is not true at all. Anyone can be the victim of untargeted attacks.

is there a cracked version of win10 and can i have a link?

ive downloaded a supposed crack version before but theyre basically just win 10 with a fkn watermark in the corner.

i primarily use fedora and a winxp vm but i cbf sifting through the garbage to find a working crack for win 10

>but theyre basically just win 10 with a fkn watermark in the corner.
You dumb shit. That is what the version you get for free from microsoft looks like. The ones you used were that one with added malwares.

What's shoulder surfing?
I understood everything else

yes i thought that went without saying.

in any case the question still stands.

Why is my GPU usage up and down like this? Is this normal?
I tested it on 3 games, sometimes it'll go 100% straight but most of the time it looks like this

As a general rule does software come with more than 1 configuration file?

Its kinda a long story dealing with retroarch so I think it can help me

How do you rename Disk Drives without fucking it up? ie. turn (D:) to (E:) and etc.

Took me about 4 seconds
thepiratebay.org/search/windows 10/0/99/0

Why doesn't my desktop go to sleep mode unless I do "systemctl suspend" twice? After the first one it immediately resumes.

control panel > something something administrator or administrator tasks, something like that > dis management

So I have a python dictionary that looks something like this:

dict = {'a':1, 'b':1, 'c':1, 'd':5}

and I want to find the outlier. (d, in this case).

I can't seem to figure it out..

dont be scared to use the programming general. getting berated shouldn't dishearten you from doing something you like.

Does DNSCrypt remove DNS blocking too or is it just a way to secure connection?

Is safebrowsing.googleapis.com botnet?
Just don't see why I'd really need it.

How do I bump my ratio up on a site like BakaBT? I downloaded some stuff but nobody's leeching from me.

just download some stuff that's high in demand (and will be for some time) even if you don't need it at all

I want to buy some speakers that can run audio from my computer and consoles without switching cables every time.

Big problem here.
I'm no audiophile so I don't know about this but.
If I plugged in the audio jack from the back of my monitor to the speakers will I get worse audioquality?

What's an good API for getting avatar images of famous personalities.

I want something that can get "Edison" and then spit out a picture of Edison.

Any pro tips?

desu itd be around about the same. you could mess with some of the virtualization settings in sound manager though possibly emulate 5.1 other than that i suspect the quality would be determined on the quality of the speakers inside that unit to begin with.

can someone suggest me a project for my cs final?

I am a Windows user and I want to start using mpv. The default settings/keybinds aren't to my liking at all, so I'd like to modify them. I've only done some quick googling, but I don't want to read too much unnecessary stuff to accomplish what I want to do.

My impression is that to change settings, I'll need to compile mpv with some type of personally modified settings file. Can someone point me to the quickest way of learning to do this?

It's just stereo sound, nothing fancy. I just recently had my sound bar die and it was great since it had HDMI pass through,optical, 3.5 jack, Bluetooth and remote to control it.