Going to be torturing myself for my own amusement...

Going to be torturing myself for my own amusement, so I am going to use Windows 10 for a month (or as long as I can take without blowing my brains out).

Wish me luck Sup Forums.

Works out good for me on my notebook at least wouldn't switch to it on desktop though

You are not planning to work with any privacy sensitive information on that machine, are you?

Yes I am, this is what I meant by torturing myself.

I'm going to shove myself into the terrible experience as much as possible, which includes making a Microsoft Account, and turning on some telemetry (cortana and other shit)

It's not really one month of torture but more like making yourself a sitting duck for blackmail for the rest of your life.

Well, you're not going to run for president, ever. If that's none of your ambitions then your fine.

Install Windows.

is windows 8/8.1 embedded good choice? im going nut with all of w10 botnet thing but sometimes i need windows to do stuff beside linux.

What do you need to do?

excel&games. rest of my work go on linux or vm

You're too good for GNUmeric or libreoffice? Games are for kids so grow up.

>Games are for kids so grow up.
but gf wants to play sometimes...

Use an emulator and let her play arcade games or something, then. Female brains don't need stimulation, they need validation. So as long as you notice her doing it she won't care what bone you throw her.

use enterprise and install spybot anti-beacon

whats the diffrent between embedded and not embedded?

Less bloat.

install home and activate all the optional botnet stuff.

let her play with your benis.

Friend,
Don't take advice from this kissless autist

I recently got a new desktop and it came with W10 pro. What are the steps one should take to make the experience more tolerable? The updates and cortana are pissing me off. What do?

welcome to best OS you ever seen

t. Sup Forums+/r9k/

Regularly update your system and turn off Cortana?

Install WSL

>t.incel

If it's for your job,
you desire to be fired OP

>normal windows 10
Bitch please, find a 10S ISO somehow.

>W10s
>You mean W10 shit edition?

I lasted 2 days..
>Start menu didn't work
>Explorer kept crashing

Though this was back in early 2016, probably improved a lot since then.

Pffft, I had W10 when it was still in beta and looked like W8

It's sucked ass

How is it that Sup Forums always has problems with Windows when millions of normies use it just fine?
Are your computers held together with duct tape and chewing gum?

Why not Windows 7? That was before they started trying to make windows look like it was for running on a fucking gaming console, if I remember correctly.

install Spybot Anti-Beacon, is good.

That depends on your definition of 'just fine'. Normans always have computer problems and most of them only use their computer to edit text or browse facebook.

Here's some tips:

Install the pro version, or enterprise. I prefer pro.
If anything bothers you on Windows, Google it. Someone has usually found a problem.
Install a good anti virus program. Good ones are ranked on AV Comparatives
Set up windows update so it installs and updates when you're not using it. Don't just disable it like a brainlet.

Normans actually have less problems than Sup Forums because they don't go poking their nose where they shouldn't in places like the registry.
Norman problems are usually shit like "I lost the Internet". Stuff that isn't technical problems, just sheer ignorance.

>I want to play video gaymes sooooo much, but I'm ashamed of it, so to selfcomfort myself I'll just pretend to use windows 10 :^)
the post

I did the reverse of this with Ubuntu. Tried it for 3 months on my 2010 Intel laptop before going back to Windows. It actually ran slower with Ubuntu than with Windows 7.

Im running Windows 10 on it now and it works great.

Every time I see these kind of threads I think of that whack job dude on youtube with the headphones spazzing out when a trumpet plays. Seriously get over yourself, you can customize it to your liking. Windows 10 is for the masses it isn't catered to just your soyboy ass.

trying windows 10 for the first time now. this is truly disgusting

Was gaming and there was heavy stuttering. Opened task manager and the stuttering disappeared. Curious.

For God's sake man.
Have some self respect.

And little while after I closed it the stuttering came back. Really.

using windows 10 is like really fast drinking a whole bottle of tequila and then sink into a bathtub of warm water

HOW THE FUCK DO I INSTALL .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5???

THIS SHIT IS DRIVING ME INSANE

>but gf (male) wants to play sometimes...

The logo already fucked up, so why even touch it?