/mkg/ is kill, lets start a new one

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Top-printed-dsa-pbt-keycap-for-mechanical-keyboard-108-keys-iso-keys-full-set-dolch-keycaps/32842605589.html?
elgiganten.dk/catalog/pc-tablets/dk_mus_tastatur/mus-tastatur?SearchParameter=&@QueryTerm=*&ContextCategoryUUID=shGsGQV5JSUAAAFDhd82st58&discontinued=0&online=1&Produkttype=Tastatur&@Sort.SoldQuantity=1&PageSize=48&ProductElementCount=&searchResultTab=Products&CategoryName=dk_mus_tastatur&CategoryDomainName=store-elgigantenDK-ProductCatalog#filter-button
proshop.dk/?s=ducky
webhallen.com/sok/?Text=ducky
elgiganten.dk/product/pc-tablets/mus-tastatur/RAZDSTALKCHRO/razer-deathstalker-chroma-gaming-tastatur#tab-store-availability-trigger
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>want new keycaps
>form factor is too meme for anything good

why did i go 40% again?

lets hope you don't bought it ortholinear

Kailh jade force curves are published. Finally a mx switch with a huge tactility and bottom out force lower than peak force.

Looks promising.

Is Glorious Gaming Race just a leddit meme or is it actually gud?

>Is Glorious Gaming Race just a leddit meme or is it actually gud?
its a Sup Forums meme, reddit has an obsession with plancks, 400$ keycaps and a artisan keycaps with stings.

Its shit:

>floating switch design
>shitty keycaps
>thin aluminum plate
>retarded hotswap system that will probably fail after some months or years

I mean, if solder joints eventually crack, this piece of shit, based on pure pressure to make contact, cannot be reliable for long term durability.

>bottom out force lower than peak force
didn't zeal do that already

62g zealios are close, but not there yet. I think its just impossible to do with the way tactily is made on cherry based switches, if spring is not hard enough the switch wont return through the bump.

I wonder if this tactile bump on jades are made by the click bar alone, or if they added a bump of the same kind box oranges have.

I meant their new switch

What new switch?

it was some meme name like zealiostolencio I don't follow them, but someone posted a force curve in which the bottoming out was less then the peak force

I picked up a Bigfoot to replace my dodgy cherry keyboard.

It looked like someone left it in a forest for the last 10 years, and the metal plate was rusty, but at least it's not a health hazard anymore.

Finished peripheral setup. The mx master is probably the best mouse in the world right now

I hope you got it for free

Grats, They are great keyboards. You need to clean them frequently with compressed air if one the keys feel stiff though, Only disadvantage, they take alot of maintenance

Got this in cherry mx clears. Friend went to buy one, but the cherry mx clears were already sold out... wtf?

Clears are that popular? I thought they were ok. They feel like heavier blacks with a pushback. I liked them. Didn't know that they were so popular?

How are matias switches? I generally never used one, but I heard they were like alps 2.0 or whatever that means. Got me interested

They are worse than alps and better than most cherry switches.

Do you know how to solder? If you dont, dont get a matias board, as their switch have a really high failure rate.

Aside from that, swich is ok. Very tactile, smooth, but also very wobbly, way more than a gateron or even a complicated alps switch. The big downside is that there arent any good alps mount keycap sets.

Every mechanical keyboard sucks I prefer my shitty $10 membrane.

Good for you, at least your rubberdome costs $10 and not $300 like those topre retards.

It's okay to not like things but don't be a dick about the things you don't like.

now that i have my bigfoot i just need one of these

I disassembled my keyboard and scrubbed the switches with soap and water. I know that's stupid, but it was pretty gross. I dried it with a datavac and left it overnight. Now, the switches are spongy (MX Blues) and certain keys do weird things: "E" doesn't work, but typing "ER" does works. "W" doesn't work at all. Other keys work intermittently.

Is there anything I can try or should I just replace the keyboard?

>soap
Well the say the best way for an idiot to learn is to fuck up. You can just buy new switches and replace the ones that are broken.

>I have no hands but I must fap

Why should I get a MK? I just see it as hipster tool.

> fags with loud keyboards
>> fuck them

So, tell me why I should have a MK?

No one cares if you buy one or not

>So, tell me why I should have a MK?
no, just leave

No reason, figured. Hipsters have no reasons.

> muh mechanical keyboard that is obnoxious
>> makes me feel legit but I just sit on Sup Forums all day

Why are you so triggered? No ones asking you to buy one.

>moving the post goal
what a try hard

I'm legit asking for a reason how they are better than the non MK; and you nigs are just saying:

> No ones asking you to buy one.

Legit; why do I want a MK?

>Legit; why do I want a MK?

I don't know why you want a MK

I dont, but I'm asking why its better than a non mechanical-keyboard, etc.

And, all I'm getting are

> hurr hurr dont buy one

Then why the fuck does this thread exist if you cant defend why its better than non-MK?

you just a condescended kid that has to be mouth feed with reason to compensate the lack of logic and self exploration because your mom breast feed you till 12

What the fuck is this question. One of the main reasons
>more immersive typing experience
>easy disassemble for cleaning
>nostalgia

And the list goes ob

> nostalgia
>> Dont care

> impressive typing experience
>> keys appear on the screen regardless of keyboard; seems immersed to me

> easy disassemble
>> ok? I can take apart a non-MK too

Anything else?

>Then why the fuck does this thread exist if you cant defend why its better than non-MK?

Because I like mechanical keyboards

>not even able to green text adequately
o boy this must be the weekly normie that finds this place because ledit mentioned it

Go back

oldfag actually

That all you got?

>outofideas.jpg

its all about muh feels, literary tumblr tier, no joke

Figured as much.

Obviously, the muh feels MK users get mad when you ask why you should get one.

> you must be a newfag that uses reddit b/c you disagree with me
really fag?

You're one sad excuse for an oldfag

@63747005
@63747080
@63747139
@63747206
@63747244
@63747285
>reddit spacing
now you have to go back

>Doesn't know how to reply
>Calls himself an oldfag

>@
now you have to go back

>Doesn't know he replied that way so you wont get you's
>Calls himself an oldfag

o shit we fuged, thinking face appeared into the discussion.

am not him assumptionfag

>Starts sentence with "am"
>Says he doesn't use reddit

ok now that we filled this thread with the mandatory garbage comments, what you guys think about this?

Imagine getting mad at people on the Internet because they choose mechanical keyboards over inferior keyboards

>LOL WHY ARE MECHANICAL BETTER?
>because they feel better
>HURR DURRR I DONT CARE ABOUT FEEL

My sides. Are you too poor to buy an objectively superior product?

needs more shift keys

i wanted it to be small, if i ad more keys i just go for an Atreus, nut yes it needs at least 3 shift keys

Imagine getting mad at people on the Internet because they choose one hobby over another

Imagine getting mad at people on the Internet

Is this an ar15

no its a famas

>famas
That's from call of duty dumbass

Joke's on you i knew it is an Ak all along

no its from perfect dark for the PS1 you retard

guys this is a keyboard thread. keep all weapon discussions to now lets get back, post your filcos here's mine

I like them. The click feels better than the quite click. Never had any problems with chatter. They're pretty easy to open up, but also easy to mangle the contact leaf.

Holy shit! Kaihua most inovative switch company.

Damn, if it weren't clicky I'd be all over that.

I recently bought a new keyboard with Gateron Browns after having used MX Greens for the past year or so.
I find I don't like the weaker springs in these browns. If I replace them with stronger springs, how will that effect the tactility? Will the pressure point become less noticeable due to the increased spring force?

what is it
you mean the modular keyboard

Yeah, it will be almost linear.

Buy cherry clear / zealio / mod-h switches instead.

The new Round 8 Zealios have different springs that are supposedly more tactile than MOD switches, which are pretty tactile themselves.

I'm a little worried about their life span. Kaihua themselves didn't want to put such a light spring in their heavy click bar switches because in their simulations, it's not supposed to work. I wouldn't want to buy a keyboard that will have inconsistent switches after a couple years.

Tfw want to go ortholinear, finding keycaps I like has been a bitch.

Propbably gonna grab this from alieexpress aliexpress.com/item/Top-printed-dsa-pbt-keycap-for-mechanical-keyboard-108-keys-iso-keys-full-set-dolch-keycaps/32842605589.html?

In that blue/yellow penumbra ripoff specifically.

who makes the jade then?

>Yeah, it will be almost linear.
Nuts. Oh well, thanks for the info.

I live in Denmark.

Which of these keyboards are good for both writing and gaming:

elgiganten.dk/catalog/pc-tablets/dk_mus_tastatur/mus-tastatur?SearchParameter=&@QueryTerm=*&ContextCategoryUUID=shGsGQV5JSUAAAFDhd82st58&discontinued=0&online=1&Produkttype=Tastatur&@Sort.SoldQuantity=1&PageSize=48&ProductElementCount=&searchResultTab=Products&CategoryName=dk_mus_tastatur&CategoryDomainName=store-elgigantenDK-ProductCatalog#filter-button

Has anybody ever seen US International layout keycaps for mx ansi keyboards?

this thing probably costs 200+ bucks fucking retarded

What do I need to put on my custom keyboard PCB design? How to communicate with the computer?

Pads for diodes and either an MCU or the holes to add something like a Pro Micro or Teensy

i don't think it even exist, us_intl only refers to that altGr layer it enables

>Finally learnt you can browse in "gallery" mode on panda
>from fucking /mkg/
Where has this been all my life

Imsto used to dyesub some really nice US int sets. Its been some time since his last GD tho

>elgiganten.dk/catalog/pc-tablets/dk_mus_tastatur/mus-tastatur?SearchParameter=&@QueryTerm=*&ContextCategoryUUID=shGsGQV5JSUAAAFDhd82st58&discontinued=0&online=1&Produkttype=Tastatur&@Sort.SoldQuantity=1&PageSize=48&ProductElementCount=&searchResultTab=Products&CategoryName=dk_mus_tastatur&CategoryDomainName=store-elgigantenDK-ProductCatalog#filter-button

The web was a mistake.

It's still Kaihua, it's just that the Novelkey guy managed to convince them to make the switch anyway. It could still work, it's just on paper, they're pushing the switch spring to its limits.

Are high quality SA keycaps worth it? They look so comfy but I've never used SA

No, SA's too tall and sucks ass.

When's low profile sculptured spherical touch surface keycaps?

Why would the spring weight matter? Does the click bar wear out if the switch is pressed in faster?

The spring hast to push the slider back up past the click bar, the more resistant the click bar is the more the spring has to work and if it's light enough it might struggle and wear out.

is the james donkey 619 any good?
its only 35 bucks

donkey > ducky

I'm sure you probably don't even remember but do you know when you started posting pictures of your keyboard next to your gun? I swear I remember seeing them back in like 2010, for at least 7 years now. How old is that filco?

Yeah man if that's how much you want to spent you wont beat it because of the gateron switches although I really advise you try to come up with some more money and at least get a board with a bezel. I hate all of my floating key style boards, they look like shit in real life and stock photos mask it.

I got a kailh box tester in finally and I'm liking the whites. The press is smooth and the click is crisp. Anyone else got any thoughts? I'm trying to decide between a tada68 with blue and a custom with these.

gateron blue*

I have gateron blue and they sound similar to the videos on youtube of the whites but the whites click on the way down and up.

Hello Denmark,
if you want the best then you're search the wrong site, the elgiganten doesn't sell Duck Duck Shine keyboards.

Try here,
proshop.dk/?s=ducky
webhallen.com/sok/?Text=ducky

..but if you're close to the Elgiganten stores that got this Razer Deathstalker Chroma for 500 kr then that's a good choice:

elgiganten.dk/product/pc-tablets/mus-tastatur/RAZDSTALKCHRO/razer-deathstalker-chroma-gaming-tastatur#tab-store-availability-trigger

I'm not recommending that because it's the worlds best keyboard; it's not my first choice. But 500 kr for a 1200+ kr (or something like that) keyboard because it's a 3 years old is a good buy. It's not like keyboards get better screens and CPUs and things every few years like cellphones.