Who here still uses win7?

who here still uses win7?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/e9MWu9h.png
giro54.deviantart.com/art/Aero-305036929
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I do! I love Windows 7! :3

While I mainly use macs, just because I think they're easier to use and I like the aesthetic, I treasure my windows 7 bootcamp partition with my life. Getting Win7 properly updated nowadays is an absolute nightmare, and I'm never transitioning to Win8/10.

Use Simplix Pack or WSUS offline.

I'm gonna use it till the end of time.

Sitting on a dual-boot partition and inside a PCI-passthrough VM

>Getting Win7 properly updated nowadays is an absolute nightmare
>installing the 2 updates wu.krelay.de/en lists then running the windows update manager is a nightmare

Macfags gentlemen.

Did I win?

Fucking luddites

I do, it's currently the best Windows for work, power user, and play.

I'll switch when I have an incentive to.

>Getting Win7 properly updated nowadays is an absolute nightmare
What.

can you link the wallpaper?

for this guy

just crop the bottom bar out and cover the window with a black square, should take 5 seconds in paint

I do and I still use an early LCD monitor with a twin towers background that runs from my thinkpad thats docked and locked and plugged in

is that a win10 theme?

Why would I utilize an OS lacking in security? All because some idiots on Sup Forums go on and on about a botnet? Without realizing their accounts have already been compromised - not counting the resident russian tranny who encourages shitty russian tools.

Heap/Kernel pool protections
Defender App Control
Defender App Guard
SMB Hardening
Control Flow Guard
Credential Guard
Early Launch Antimalware

These are all things you will not find on windows 7. The obession that older, unpatched, static operating systems are better than anything is a thing of the past. It's time some of you neckbeards realize such before it comes back to haunt you.

OH and finally, stop taking software advice from nerds on Sup Forums, it's just a lonely road of delusional ADHD.

>trying this hard

When something contradicts one's world view the response is always a defense mechanism. It can never simply be a reflection.
It's best you stop spending so much time around here, the sludge is already showing signs of impact.

this lol

The only things keeping me from still using it are:
- The Discord notifications are fucking asinine. They block 1/3 of the screen and instantly grab your focus so you can't click. And no I don't want to disable notifications.
- The window snap isn't as good as 10.

If there's any ways to fix any of this I'll probably go back to Windows 7.

is windows 8.1 worth using? i know its not an upgrade to win7 but its a bit updated dont you think?

there is literally no reason for me to stop using windows 7

>but muh support
That's a problem for future me to deal with.

it's the best of the both worlds

for some reason I can't submit it here, so here you go:
i.imgur.com/e9MWu9h.png

nope, it's aero+
giro54.deviantart.com/art/Aero-305036929

Just intall GNU+Linux already.

i switched to linux and i dont even dual boot or run windows in a vm anymore

(You)

I still use windows bescause I'm living under a rock .

>I don't play video games
>I don't have a job
The post.

Is it possible to game inside a VM?

What kind of performance would you get if you were using an i7-7700 + 16gb RAM paired with a GTX 1050ti?

*raises paw*
I use wes7, and it's pretty good!

vOv

>that whole post
yikes

>this whole thread
ew

nobody sane

long as i live

my laptop wouldnt install anything earlier than 8.1, still annoys me to use it sometimes

Still using it and plan to for at least several more years. Upgrading to Ryzen soon and hoping I can get everything working fine.

Any tweaks I can do to Windows 7 so I'll get better performance in muh games?

>long as i live
more like as long as you can install it on something

Download more RAM.

To any of you that are interested in running W7 on the new Covfefe Lake CPUs/Ryzen just check with the motherboard manufact.'s website if it has W7 drivers/support, download USB driver tool installer (3.0 drivers slipthrough for MOBO), and you're basically on-route.

It's not hard and anyone who says it isn't possible probably enjoys the inferior W10 a bit too much,7 is better and more comfy honestly for me.
Never going to leave W7.

Filtered :^)

>more like as long as you can install it on something

So forever because VMs are a thing.

>Never going to leave W7.
Sure kid. That's exactly what Win 2000 and XP users used to say too.

You're in for a surprise

Just upgraded to windows 10,wish i had stayed with win 7.

Are audio and SATA drivers necessary? The motherboard I'm going to buy only has drivers for them in W10.

I hope it is a good surprise, but I'm preparing to be disappointed.

Why do you faggots cling to obsolete and vulnerable software?

And XP still has users

I still used it for quite some time even after 8 and 10 released. I have since moved to 10 Enterprise with severely reduced telemetry.

Just got my 8700k, Win7 was a bitch to install but I made it

How soon until my computer goes fubar from some stupid update?

I am still using XP and V I S T A

I've been using windows 7 for a decade. Old faithful always works for me.

>decade
it's only been out for 8 years

>get home tonight
>boot up my le gaymen rig running bindows 10 LTSB
>"Windows Defender Real-Time Protection is Turned Off Bruh You Should Probably Turn It Back On"
mfw
considering fresh install of 7 right now.. I don't even care about DX12

Unironic question: what is wrong with Windows reminding you about the built-in antivirus?
It's not like it's selling you something, there are clueless morons who will just forget about it.

Nothing wrong with the reminder.. the problem is I didn't turn it off.. and AFAIK I don't have anything installed that would turn it off, so I'm wondering if I have some sort of malware on my machine despite running latest updated LTSB and Common Sense 2018

I would if I could, goddamn USB 3.0 and no CD drive on a 7th gen i5. Bitch to get installed, couldn't fix AHCI driver problems. Should have gone AMD knowing I would immediately go back to win7

It just works.

Get Home Premium

Admit it, Windows 10 isn't that bad.

I do, mostly for work but also for a select few games

My only regret is using this with ryzen is unlikely

"we's" a bit too ebonics, but boy did i chuckle at "fargus"

IIRC after some updates (or a clean install) it can stay disabled for a short period, and that message might appear. Wait to see if it goes away by itself.
Latest LTSB is 2016, what do you mean by 2018?

Built my PC before 8.1, so 7 was the obvious choice. Never felt the need to upgrade so I haven't. Still works great.

>ynr the "who here still uses xp?" threads from 5+ years ago.

Ok, that's good to hear.. and it's LTSB 2016, I just meant "Common Sense 2018" (it's a meme)

>incompatibilities from using LTSB or Enterprise

those don't really exist unless you want to install some garbage from the windows store for some reason, and you can still do that on LTSB if you want.

who here still uses windows is the real question?

>Using the shittiest version of windows, right behind windows ME
>On purpose
JUST

HOW THE FUCK DO I INSTALL .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5 ON WINDOWS 10???

THIS SHIT IS DRIVING ME INSANE I'VE BEEN CURSING AT THE SCREEN FOR HOURS IM ABOUT TO KILL MYSELF FUCK THIS SHIT

LTSB has a bunch of other stuff missing as well. And I also mentioned Enterprise because I heard some stuff refuses to install on it without some sort of business license. Might be wrong though.

install gentoo u retard

Go to add/remove Windows components/features or whatever it's called these days.

Do NOT download anything, it'll do it itself.

Most of the missing stuff won't impact games, and the ones that will be impacted you can download the optional shit from MS.
Enterprise is quite literally the regular version of windows but with more control individually and over group computers, obviously as admins need it.

Windows Education is the same but has had things disabled/ripped out because it's not suitable for education institutions (Cortana mainly).

this is what happen when I do that. none of the youtube fix tutorials are working either

I moved all of my home PCs running 7 to 8.1. No regrets so far.

Default or Classic Shell?

>youtube fix tutorials
>when technet exists
BRUH

>not using Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Enterprise

Literally this, here's one solution which sounds like it might work:
>Turn off 4.5 and click apply.
>Then turn on 3.5 and click apply

I still use Windows 7 for my 2 core client machines at home. Got two more secondary clients still on XP Sp3. My Server runs Windows Home Server 2011 (2008R2 based). Everything's been running fine on all of them since day 1. Plus everything just works for what all my needs are. My wife's still happy with her Windows 7 netbook. So no reason to upgrade anything.

>My wife's still happy with her Windows 7 netbook.
>not getting her a chromebook or an armbook
do you even love her anymore???

it says windows needs to download files from windows update. when I pick the option download files from windows update it says downloading required files, then applying changes and finally it leads back to that same screen

Still as stable as ever and runs all the games and software I have. Only problem is that it'll stop getting security updates in 2 years.

>I don't play video games
Nothing wrong with that, not that you don't have plenty anyway.
>I don't have a job
>What is sysadmin
>What is web development
>What is multiplatform software

You reek of normalfag with some job with .NET or something similar, the most normalfag numale "tech" faggot thing there is.

>motherboard I'm going to buy doesn't support W7
>find new MB that does support it
>the RAM I already bought isn't on the QVL of the new MB
>also new board has red on it, I hate red

Why is everything so difficult?

oh yes all those electron devs on linux who could forget
lmao you reek of someone who has absolutely zero idea what they're talking about but likes to keep shitposting because for some reason he's convinced himself that attaching his own identity to an operating system is healthy

truly

Ones choice in OS door personal use has literally 0 bearing on them being able to find a job or not

>discord
Fuck off back to rebbit and Sup Forums thanks

For personal use* Im drunk

>on Sup Forums
>2017
>continuing to cuck for M$
>not just using Linux

Just use Discord through your regular browser (it also has notifications) instead of downloading a dedicated browser that also tracks what processes you have open.

Or just fucking use Linux Mint.

>M$
>"look mom i said it again!"

Your BIOS should have legacy options for USB

Still have w7 on my desktop. Occasionally get weird error messages but otherwise runs all my software better than w10.