Browser Swapping Thread

Well guys, I'm back to using Firefox again. I stopped for a long time and jumped ship to Chrome because Firefox was getting slow, wasn't multiprocess or broke addon compatibility, wasn't reliably multiplatform, etc. I just swapped back to Firefox the other day now that Quantum is out/stable. It looks like they've improved a lot. It's fast and doesn't suck up huge amounts of my memory (Chrome is fast but shits all over my RAM), and while multi-process and other updates broke addon compatibility they moved to WebExtension standards so the extensions I used on Chrome work here too, and the mobile app actually works well now. On top of that, it supports WebVR for devices besides Android Daydream/Cardboard and it isn't run by an advertising company so I think I might stick with Firefox again.

Has anyone else jumped back and forth between browsers? What do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tridactyl-vim/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just me then? Alright.

i hope you mean waterfox

I hope you mean Icecat

Use Brave.

quantum is based. sort of miss vimperator, but I'm doing alright without it.

been stuck on qutebrowser for an months now
is nice

I used to use Vimperator/Pentadactyl but lately I've been using the mouse more.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tridactyl-vim/
Is the updated one for Quantum though.

I used to use the smaller browsers but cross-platform syncing has become a borderline necessity for me, I can't imagine giving it up. It's really nice to be able to start an article on the bus and finish it at home on my desktop.

I hope you mean GNU IceCat

nigga it's the same thing as calling it just Firefox instead of Mozilla Firefox

why do people only try the two biggest and not their more secure and tailored forks?

>Firefox updates to Quantum
>new ABP deletes all my custom filters, gets rid of Open Blockable Items menu
>turning it off for a site adds it to whitelist

i don't want to be stuck with an outdated browser. is there an addon that lets me view a list of all elements in a page, sort them by type and open them in a new tab individually, just like ABP's Open Blockable Items menu?

Why aren't you using uBlock Origin?

Also on waterfox on win10 pc. Brave on Android mobile.

i used both, because ABP gave me Blockable Items menu and i had all my custom filters there, uBlock allowed me to block elements by right clicking them. the logger in uBlock isn't quite the same as Blockable Items list, so i'm looking for an alternative that would provide the same functionality.

I was on FF for 5 years. And when this quantum fucked extensions, I'm on Chrome. It werks just fine.

does Chromium not have Flash built in? please tell me it doesn't....

>And when this quantum fucked extensions, I'm on Chrome.
Why?

>t. ESR user
Are these these the quantum aternatives:
>vimperator
Vim Vixen
>DownloadThemAll!
you are fucked, hang yourself

Firefox doesn't. Go download it.

Icecat until Netrunner is finished.

what do you think i'm using? Edge?

I am gonna stop using Firefox as my main browser to give Brave a try, lets see how this goes.

I've been using Firefox Quantum for a while, but it's gotten a bit frustrating when you can't select and manage multiple tabs at once Chrome-style. The extension that allowed managing multiple tabs had features that was incompatible with WebExtensons, meaning there is now no way to select multiple tabs to drag to a new monitor or to close all other tabs but those selected like Chrome can.

>It's fast and doesn't suck up huge amounts of my memory
Explain why when I have more than 100 tabs open my Firefox uses 6+ GB of RAM? Before version 52 or so it would only use about 3.