How do I castrate Windows 10?

I want to turn my Windows 10 installation into a pure platform for gaming.

Anyone know a good powershell script to strip away all the bloat?

Other urls found in this thread:

oo-software.com/en/shutup10
github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying/releases
actrons.info/ame.html
actrons.info/pdf/win10_ame_15-10-2017_doc.pdf
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/add-or-remove-packages-offline-using-dism
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/dism-app-package--appx-or-appxbundle--servicing-command-line-options
reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4vnt7y/cortana_officially_removed_from_windows_10/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Install Gentoo

oo-software.com/en/shutup10

>I don't trust Microsoft but I will happily download a closed-source script from random websites.

How is that better than github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying/releases ?

I'm aware of many scripts that are anti-telemetry, I'm not aware of any good ones that also nuke the bloat. There must be some.

Simply impossible (and illegal since Windows is proprietary, read the EULA). So man up, drop vidya gaems and install GNU/Linux or BSD.

probably because bloat is entirely subjective outside of carrier bloat so make your own bitch

>man up just use a hobbyist OS that'll waste your time, ensuring you remain a neet

>EULAs legally enforceable
>read the EULA

I have Linux installed on my laptop. When their GPU drivers are tolerable for gaming I'll ditch Windows entirely.

Utterly wishful thinking.

Some closed source, proprietary thing like Windows cannot be debloated and secured (never mind on top of that still require security and feature updates!)

It's hard enough with open software that lets anyone publish modifications legally (so they can be done in a community) that has no interest in disallowing such modifications to begin with.

Sorry, your only choice in the end is to have a debloated Linux and deal with it separately if you still need Windows.

I contribute to a debloat script on sjwhub, but it is crap. There is no way that a bare bones windows needs 20GB of space and so much ram and cpu time compared to a fleshed out linux installation.

That's because there's no such thing as "secured" in a static sense unless it can't connect to the internet nor get into the hands of others.
>debloated linux
stop posting

>Go windows 10 enterprise ltsb
>disable everything via the registry or the services panel (depending on what it is)
>install only the most basic runtimes you want
>disable anything that starts on startup
>kill explorer.exe in every boot and open everything via the task manager.

Maybe truly secure is outside the solar system and unreachable by signals, but of course I don't mean that kind of "secure". I mean as secure as you want it to be.

If you wanted games not to access each other's or unknown files, memory, or any unknown IP addresses, you could have that.

At least to the extent you can trust the hardware and firmware you don't have good access to.

Sure but even then it's an ongoing process. If you view security (and privacy for that matter) as a temporary weekend ordeal that you get out of the way, then you're missing out on a lot. You can 'automate' a whole lot of those processes (as do the major operating systems), but that takes up resources obviously and people have gone overboard in terms of attempting to minimize resource usage which just leads to even more shoddy practices.

I'm not too fussed if some telemetry stays in, I just have a crap system and want to debloat it mainly.

>It's hard enough with open software that lets anyone publish modifications legally (so they can be done in a community) that has no interest in disallowing such modifications to begin with.
True, but I doubt MS would spend much effort clamping down on some small github project aimed at debloating w10. That OO-shutup free software user linked above is by an MS partner company, for instance.

Being an MS partner company isn't really trustworthy quite frankly not because of the link to MS but largely because partners have done incredibly foolish things in the past (ranging from AV companies to hardware companies).
Not that I'm particularly criticizing this specific instance because I haven't looked into it. Personally don't see a need to when tronscript exists and has a huge multitude of options each step of the process.

>why yes I love corporations to fuck my ass as a consumer in every opportunity they have

Doesn't pi-hole already block windows telemetry?

the aptly named "linux experience"

underrated kek

>from random websites
A Microsoft Certified Partner company established in 1997 is about as far from a "random website" as you can get.

>windows
>pure
Oh you mean pure shit?

Pirate the LTSB version you dumb cuck.

Tronscript

Why would you trust a microsoft partner to make a anti-telemetry scriot? Are you stupid?

>vidya
underage please go

Unless you install an easy to use linux distro.

>underage please go

Upvote

gentoo is for manchildren who cant code on their own

ntlite.

you have to buy the program, though.

We are releasing a new build soon.

actrons.info/ame.html

The documentation on how to do it yourself: actrons.info/pdf/win10_ame_15-10-2017_doc.pdf

>19.4%
Do not just rely on Pihole alone.
Use NoScript and uBlock and uMatrix

One random sentence without a source surely proves that.

fuck off with that shit.

trying to castrate something that is designed to castrate you

>hobbyists OS
Windows is also a hobbyists OS. Are you saying gaming is not a hobby? Also your opinions about Linux are outdated.

Well for one it has not been updates for the falls update

replace the boot logo with a picture of toko and i will flash your meme image to my laptop

>Windows is also a hobbyists OS
You've spent far too much time here if you actually believe this. "Muh gaymezzz" isn't a valid argument, they're an additional bonus on top of the already coherent experience provided.

What is this and why should I use it?

>actrons.info/ame.html
Read.

tl;dr: You shouldn't use it, because it's a bunch of random faggots making changes they don't understand the implications of.

No security updates ever, for one. They completely nuked Windows Update. The reasons this is moronic should be obvious.

>nuked windows update
That's a good thing.

It's bizarre

The person who wrote that obviously knew how to use basic markup (he wrote the thing in core LaTeX) but the tasks' headlines are completely fucked up

One heading depends on the other so why would that retard make them successive?

Also,
>clonezilla

Guys just go with the Windows 10 spying instead of following this retard's advice.

LOL

>You cannot update this Windows installation, ever, even if you try really hard, because it lacks the required components in order to function. As you might have noticed this installation of Windows no longer has any virus protection, as such it is up to you to practice safe computing habits. Again as stated at the beginning, if you really need security, Windows is not the OS to be using, you should be using some form of Linux or BSD. This entire effort was performed by individuals with the aim of making a version of Windows that could be trusted by the user enough that Windows only applications can be used without the fear of information being stolen. We are strong promoters of open source software.

Should have read until the end.

OP is l i t e r a l l y brain-damaged.

So, would this fix tablet mode?
I'm still searching for something that unfucks the crime that is Win10's tablet mode.
That thing was shat out without any clear concepts. It's like they didn't even do one short run-through of user-interaction with that shit.

It really isn't.

>what are zero days
>what are privilege escalation vulns

If you allow this piece of hacked-up shit on your network, you deserve to have every single device you own rooted and held for ransom.

Put your Windows install in a VM with GPU pass-through.
You'll get ~95% native performance and not have to give any fucks about spying shit.

Sadly consumer SR-IOV never, but people are working on better screen forwarding between VMs if you can't stand switching monitor inputs.

All you fucking idiots doing all this ridiculous bullshit to make Windows 10 usable, I mean really.

>fucking stupid people will be the death of us all

gay menchild
Buy a playstation and install GNU+Linux on your computer.

>everything fixed by installing an AV, having a firewall and using hosts files to block malicious and ad domains, as well as using common sense
Even up-to-date windows can't protect you from more than that. You're also assuming that everyone keeps their windows up to date.

>what are drive by downloads
>what are parser/decoder vulns
>what are browser vulns

You are literally too stupid to use a computer.

>installing an AV

You mean that thing that parses random code with SYSTEM permissions and a DLL injected into every process?

Neck you're self.

Can't afford a second video card :(

just get a shit one for your Linux session, eBay if you have to.
I'd have guessed that affording a CPU/mobo with pass-through support would have been a more limiting factor.

Actually most people do keep their windows up to date nowadays - 10 basically force-installs them. For illiterates (read: most people) this is a good thing because it stops them from being a danger to themselves and others.

Well, it's not just that. The whole setup seems like a fragile pain-in-the-ass to use. Dual-booting would almost be simpler, at least then everything is on one display...

>You're also assuming that everyone keeps their windows up to date.
It's actually quite a challenge to prevent windows from being up to date these days desu but alas some people still feel like they're living in 2002 and feel like the less you update the better your system. But they seem to be a minority now.

>The whole setup seems like a fragile pain-in-the-ass to use
That's because it is, most people who advocate such only do it temporarily and within months stop caring about it, ditching it for dual booting or being exclusive to a platform.

>browser vulns
>keep browser up to date, use uBlock and uMatrix. Fixed!

Windows is a gaming OS. You don't need to have security at all. Your Steam account has steam guard.
If you're using windows for anything else then it's fully usable offline. So your potential vulnerabilities are all gone. Not to mention you're already infected with (((Microsoft)))'s keyloggers and telemetry.
If you cared about security at all you wouldn't use the least secure desktop OS.

Only half of windows users are on windows 10 and not all of them regularly update.

How is Win 10 Education compared to Enterprise?

I just gave up entirely. The thing is that it will only get worse. If you don't make the switch to Linux or something you'll be forever fixing an OS that becomes more and more bloated and contains more and more spyware. Obviously you can't just stay on one version forever. If you could you would be on XP right now instead of making this thread.

It's a bit depressing really.

You can run Powershell scripts all you want, but the place you want to remove them from is with the DISM commands. Every time you update it re-installs those apps because it's still located in the component store (System-Wide). Windows Update Services searches that store for any dependencies not present and re-installs them. Removing the apps with Powershell scripts is a user profile removal of apps and does not remove them from the system.

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/add-or-remove-packages-offline-using-dism

And for clarification, you have to edit your packages on the Windows 10 image in your installation, not a Windows 10 Installation ISO. Editing the WIM is more for sysprepped systems you want to edit without sysprepping it again or after you've made your deployment image in MDT.

>Only half of windows users are on windows 10 and not all of them regularly update.
Windows 7 users staying updated (until 2020) + windows 10's forced updates = majority. Simple mafs.

There's a bunch of comparisons but most simple way to think about it is enterprise without cortana

This is probably a better link specific to Windows 10 Apps.

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/dism-app-package--appx-or-appxbundle--servicing-command-line-options

>windows 7 users
>updating
Please, majority of w7 installs are pirated.

>There's a bunch of comparisons but most simple way to think about it is enterprise without cortana

Cortana cannot be removed simply because it is the replacement for legacy Windows 10 Search (Windows 7/8 Search). Until Microsoft has a replacement system, we're stuck with Cortana. You can edit GPOs and registry settings to disable Cortana's ability to search the net or send information back to MS. If you want to really be sure it's not sending anything back, hook up Wireshark and examine the traffic, block those ports. Not sure if Education already does this by default, but it wouldn't surprise me if the shit was still turned on.

Quite literally, Education doesn't have cortana. This is largely because making her education-appropriate is a nightmare of a process.
Reddit link because it's most triggering: reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4vnt7y/cortana_officially_removed_from_windows_10/

Please, majority of wannacry users are dead.

Going to all of this trouble just because gaming companies wont compile for linux, sad

it is a fairly fragile pain, but it's mostly used by people who are already comfortable with Linux as their daily driver but still can't give up the gaymen.

if anything, people drift away from it just as they care less about vidya.

gaming is a fun hobby
linux is one that will make you want to kill yourself

>Linux is a hobby
How retarded are you?

>if anything, people drift away from it just as they care less about vidya.
Largely because the choice they've created for themselves are: an extremely redundant process just to play games, or not playing them. The latter is the easier approach, so they convince themselves that they don't care about it anymore.

Until they end up getting themselves a console.