Frying pans are technology

What kind of frying pans do you swear by Sup Forums?

Did you jump on the Teflon bandwagon? Do you prefer ceramic? Or good old fashioned cast iron?

Other urls found in this thread:

sherylcanter.com/wordpress/2010/01/a-science-based-technique-for-seasoning-cast-iron/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I’ll smack yo momma wt a fryin pan!

>Teflon
>ceramic
both are good. i'm a femanon,. btw :3

It's a skillet you fucking pleb. Stainless for anything acidic. Cast iron for oily/greasy dishes.

Ceramic is the option if you aren't careful with the surface.
If you use Teflon you must use only wooden, plastic or silicone utensils. Teflon supposed to generate cancer.

>Im a femanon xD

how many times do we have to tell you hrt doesn't make you a girl
Also cast iron

Cast iron if you know how to season properly is still the best. However if you don't own an oven that can season them then the next best thing is stainless steel cookware and making sure to properly pre-heat and spray a little bit of oil on the surface before you cook.

I'm pretty sure you still have a penis.

Use iron or steel. Teflon will give you cancer if you use too much heat.

> inherited a Regal Ware oil core skillet
> will never go back to a normal stove top frying pans ever again

>Stainless for anything acidic
I'm fairly certain that cooking acidic foods in a cast iron skillet is very healthy, since it adds a bit of iron to the dish, which helps wards off anemia

what about greasy oily acidic dishes then huh

where is your god now faggot

both desu senpai. keeping your cast iron properly seasoned it works like a non stick. Its a little extra work but the heat it retains from its own mass is well worth it for searing steaks and using in the oven for pizzas.

my favorite cooking appliance by far tho is my anova sous vide. Thats a real Sup Forums tier cooking appliance

post tits with timestamp or gtfo

Cast iron is based because you don't have to clean it as much and it is quite frankly easier to clean. The only real problem is the amount of smoke it generates.

You can cook it in cast iron. Just cook some bacon shortly afterwards.

well, go make me a toast sandwich with a cast iron pan.
what are you waiting for?

It's bad for the pan's seasoning. You can do it but you'll need to cook something greasy or re-season.

I got this set for $60 when it was on sale.

Garbage

I thought about trying sous vide fro my chicken breast. Can I use just a regular zip lock bag to cook in or do I have to use vacuum seal bags?

meh. I don't think people centuries ago cared about seasoning their skillets and such, so I don't understand what's the big deal

regular plastic bag works just fine. I use freezer bags that zip. little oil plenty of salt and pepper / other seasoning and it comes out p good

seasoning is what keeps things from sticking to your skillet. Cook some starchy potatoes on a non seasoned skillet and you'll understand

Rust is a big deal. Non seasoned cast iron will rust very quickly and very heavily.

Yes, as long as cast iron had been used for cooking it has been seasoned.

I use a grill or smoker like a real man

>grill or smoker like a real man

lmao you grilling every meal ?

manlet over compensating

No he's a retard.

I use a hydrophobic carbon nanotube pan

actually yeah i do grill almost everything. im a lazy fuck when it comes to cooking plus it tastes fucking amazing

probably gonna die in 5 years from some heart related shit or something though

where do i get a proper cast iron pan anymore

I refuse to believe this. There has to be a point where you crave a fried egg and I refuse to believe you heat up your grill to cook it

Use a cast iron bathtub

probably Amazon

shit nigga they sell them in walmart

Cast iron skillets are the shit. They can fry, bake, and slam harder than all the rest. Plus they're induction compatible.

lodge makes good ones and they're super common. Theres some other brands that have longer handles which is fairly ideal imo but they're from my experience thinner and cheaper feeling. dont be afriad to find old ones from second hand stores either - older production american made cast iron pans are some of the best

>almost everything
l2read

I used to work as a butcher if that makes it more believable. Other than cooking meats, I eat salads and yogurt mostly when I'm at home. I don't eat a whole lot of stuff that requires much cooking

if i had to choose one pan though, it'd be cast iron all the way

>I used to work as a butcher if that makes it more believable.
.... you seem very casual about this, practically flaunting your affinity with murder.

.....Why you lieing?

Teflon is really just sand with Flourine atoms instead of the silicone atoms. It's very inert. That's why it's nonstick.

We literally have an entire board for this you asswipe

>PFOA has been detected in industrial waste, stain resistant carpets, carpet cleaning liquids, house dust, microwave popcorn bags, water, food and Teflon cookware.
>PFOA is a carcinogen, a liver toxicant, a developmental toxicant, and an immune system toxicant, and also exerts hormonal effects including alteration of thyroid hormone levels.

Not familiar with /ck/ so I'll ask here. How harmful is it to use a wore down aluminium pan that used to be teflon? Basically everything but the upper side edges is pure aluminium, worried a bit about long term exposure/damage.

Im a neet and the only person who cooks here so I have to make do with whatever is already there.

i already have a lodge cast iron skillet and a combo dutch oven. the skillet is rough even after sanding. dutch oven is okay though. there ain't the good polished cast iron anymore though. they all come out looking like this after a sand/polish

I like stainless steel as my general purpose go-to skillet. I have a teflon one for some dishes that really demand it (if I try to fry salmon in a stainless steel skillet I WILL ruin it), but it's not as nice to cook with.

show bobs

what are you sliding faggot?
also mods move this to /qa/ or something since you are retarded.

And in teflon it's biologically inactive.
Oh man best ban that water too, people die from that shit.

We have a cast iron skillet that we got as a gift and didn't season it or something properly at first. It was awful. But now that we've done that, it's the only pan I'll use unless I need a huge serving of something

bobs and vagene nao

for me, it's teflon.
just don't scratch it

>water, food
So it's fucking nothing?

I season my pans by cooking bacon every day

You can't fuck up aluminium. Inhaling the fumes that come off a teflon pan isn't good, but ingesting it is fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

Well you're completely wrong. Utterly. People were seasoning fucking ROCKS to cook on before we even had pans

PFOA has nothing to do with PTFE.
PFOE is used in some teflon manufacturing processes, but in such small quantities that it's negligible.
If you're really worried about it, just buy PFOA-free equipment.

you don't.

you can only find thin chinkshit pig iron pans. They're alight, but nothing like a real one.

I scored a nice skillet from a storage sale for $2. somebody had left water in it so there was some corrosion that they couldn't clean off. I just hit it with some steel wool and vinegar, then started my bacon.

There are plenty of european companies that make cast iron cooking equipment. Most kitchen equipment stores have cast iron.

0/10 here's your (you)

Stainless steel works fine for me.

>poly-tetrafluoroethylene is like sand
>implying silica and fluoride are even remotely interchangeable
I don't even know where to start

Nah you won't die from meat. If you cut sugar you'll live to an old age.

Added sugar. Naturally present sugars are fine. Just that refined shit they add to everything is poison.

It's 2017.
Having a penis is irrelevant.

I heard platinum cookware is non-stick by default
no teflon, no hydrogenated oils needed
of course it costs a limb because platinum isn't cheap

Switched from stainless steel to tefflon because my eggs kept sticking to the pan unless I use a fuckload of butter.

I have a single tefal pan that I use for everything as I cook for only myself.

I find that I have to use a ton of butter/oil when cooking eggs.
I'm also not sure if the red dot in the middle is supposed to light up on mine as it has a dot, it just has never lit up no matter how long I've had it on the lit gas burner.

Jesus christ just get a new stainless steel pan for like $40. You are giving yourself aluminum poisoning.

After dicking around with teflon and ceramic, im thinking of going back to plain old steel pan next time im buying one. Ceramic in particular was shit and it warped horribly after a month or so of usage, it might be that the quality was shit and that there are good ceramic pans, but around me.

not having the handle on the other end for easy manoeuvring

its suspected aluminium causes alzheimer, i would avoid it

I remembered searing steaks then finishing it off in the oven. Cast iron is the shit.

Cast iron or fuck off. If you can't lift one hit the fucking gym. The abuse a cast iron pan can take is worth it alone and like says the ability to stick them in the oven, under a grill or even on a BBQ gives them a versatility other materials do not have.

Cheapass wok - works well for stiffly.
Cast iron one is bretty good

Never fucking ever get a pan with a wooden or plastic handle. You can't put them in oven.

Cast iron here.
>t. induction hob master race

If you're not a chef, kys.

why are stores still allowed to sell them even in eu if that is true?

i use this. its high quality american technology that is unbreakable and much cheaper to use than expensive pans and electric ovens

WikiShill can give you answers.
I thought everyone already knew that telfon will give you Über cancers...

>PFOA persists indefinitely in the environment. It is a toxicant and carcinogen in animals. PFOA has been detected in the blood of more than 98% of the general US population in the low and sub-parts per billion (ppb) range, and levels are higher in chemical plant employees and surrounding subpopulations. How general populations are exposed to PFOA is not completely understood. PFOA has been detected in industrial waste, stain resistant carpets, carpet cleaning liquids, house dust, microwave popcorn bags, water, food, some cookware and PTFE such as Teflon.

>As a result of a class-action lawsuit and community settlement with DuPont, three epidemiologists conducted studies on the population surrounding a chemical plant that was exposed to PFOA at levels greater than in the general population. The studies concluded that there was probably an association between PFOA exposure and six health outcomes: kidney cancer, testicular cancer, ulcerative colitis, thyroid disease, hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol), and pregnancy-induced hypertension.[7]

>The primary manufacturer of PFOS, the 3M Company (known as Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company from 1902 to 2002), began a production phase-out in 2002 in response to concerns expressed by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).[8]:2 Eight other companies agreed to gradually phase out the manufacturing of the chemical by 2015.[8]:3

I haven't seen one of these before. How does it work?

Enjoy your BPA cancer you fucking shills.

>tfw use non-stick Demeyere pans and pots
a-am I doing it right?

I love my cast iron pans, and looking forward to a black steel pan I picked up from massdrop. That is all. Stop reading.

I said stop reading.

maybe learn how to fucking cook next time?

Whats wrong with using a fuckload of butter?

Cast iron is best by far.

>current year meme

Depends on what I'm making. I have a large cast iron with lid for stews and roasts. I have a copper fry pan and saute pan for cooking proteins. I have a few Teflon for when I'm lazy, making eggs, or cooking veggies.

So many fucking retarded cast iron bros in this thread. It's great, but it's not the tool for ever job. For example, you'd be fucking retarded to cook an egg in it. Just use teflon, unless you enjoy scrapping egg proteins off that pan for days.

It's not. We figured that only cause fluorine ought to be a lot bigger than hydrogen, but it looks enough like a hydrocarbon that our body breaks it down and takes it in anyway,

>I said stop reading.

haha lamo xdd so funny

>Just use teflon, unless you enjoy scrapping egg proteins off that pan for days.
Your cast iron is seasoned like shit.
If you don't don't how to season cast iron properly, give this a read.
sherylcanter.com/wordpress/2010/01/a-science-based-technique-for-seasoning-cast-iron/

There's so many stupid motherfuckers in this thread that practically worship the cast iron. It's good but it is not that good.

Copper w/ silver lining > Cast iron in almost every situation. Unless you are a poorfag who can only afford those shit Lodge cast irons from Wal-mart or Target.

My cast iron is seasoned just fine, thank you. By the time your cast iron is heated up, I'm already eating my eggs. Teflon is simply sometimes the best tool for the job.

>but muh poisonin'

Unless you are charring the fuck out of your food, it won't get hot enough to have any adverse effect.

>fry salmon
Are you properly heating up the pan and doing the water test? Fish will unstick itself until it's ready to flip. Also, 80% of the cooking time is on its skin for dat crisp.