There was a time Sup Forums shilled bitcoins

>There was a time Sup Forums shilled bitcoins
>I didn't listen

Now I browse Sup Forums every fucking day. What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

qmk.fm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't remember exactly how much I paid in BTC for my first Sup Forums pass but I'm pretty sure it would have been worth a couple thousand now. I also had a wallet containing 2BTC which I lost. All mined myself on GPU when that was still possible.

It's a ponzi scheme. Invest in human organ farms in kosovo or india. I make 150k profit per body.

ive been browsing Sup Forums every day since then and i still dont listen

I listened and I even had bitcoins.
I just didn't care enough to save them.

There will never be an opportunity like Bitcoin again in our lifetimes. I feel incredibly grateful for getting in when it was under 1k

Tbqh I think there would be a chance in couple decades. This world is changing so fast.

Sauce on image?

Rostie BTFO

Boku girl

I'm not sure about that. The big problem with proof of work blockchains is that they are EXTREMELY inefficient. Just look at how much energy bitcoin needs to move a couple of transactions per day.
Filecoin also has a lot of potential since its proof of work is based on storage and bandwidth instead of processing power. There's still no implementation of it and the ICO was only for millionaires but I bet it'll gain a lot of value very quickly when it launches.

> jews mine coins in your browser
> jews realize this isn't getting them paid
> jews make fake news to normies telling them to buy buttcoins so the speculative market jacks prices up

gee wonder who could be behind this scam

>feeling bad because you've lost a chance for free money
meh
if i'd lose my life savings, i'd surely despair, but this? it wasn't really "mine" to begin with, i've lost nothing. of course it would be nice to become wealthy out of nowhere, but if i didn't, i don't care. I don't regret not buying lottery tickets either.

There's always chances, its just these are not very apparent.

Who knew google would be big? or Amazon? Or Facebook? Or Apple? Or Twitter? or Buttcoins?

There's miliions of people making random decisions and some will stick, others wont.

Post tutorial.

classic

That you're retarded.

thanks to the user here that gave me 14 btc on his birthday (so he says) in 2011 or 2012 here

I had bitcoins years ago and i thought 100$ was as high as it could ever go.

You might as well be playing on slot machines - at least then you know if you win or lose immediately instead of staring at charts like a madman every single day. When you have them, you're afraid they will drop to a fraction of their value overnight. When you don't have them, every 5% increase makes you curse yourself for selling. That ain't no way to live.

I see a lot of normies nowadays geting suckered in with those "sold a pizza for so many bitcoins" tales and gambling away their hard-earned real money... They don't understand the technology or what these coins are, but they want to become millionaires. Sad!

Litecoin seems to be on the same course as Bitcoin years ago right now though.

>tfw had 3 btc in 2014
>tfw sold em in 2014

Exactly, hindsight is 20/10. None of us invested in Snapchat or Oculus either.

You know how much regret is valued at, user?

That's right, $ 0.00

Stop thinking about what might have been, it's useless.

I donated 50 pieces to a now dead forum when it was around 8-10 cents, imagine how I feel.

Going to crash anytime now, you can set your buy orders at 7k and under

This is actually smart.

tfw bought 300$ yesterday
its now worth less

This is the worst time to buy. Everyone and their dog knows about bitcoin now and the skyrocketing price is gonna bring in a lot of people who have no idea what they're doing, potentially causing a panic crash.

shoulda waited for the dip you dip

>that guy who posted about buying pizza for several bitcoins in 2012 or something

He's killed himself by now, right?

You're probably better off. You would have just watched the price climb higher and higher and never sold because your greed would start to get the better of you, never selling to see exactly how much you could get. The bubble will eventually burst and most people won't have the foresight to sell off all their BTC before then.

what exactly you can buy with bitcoins?

USD

I genuinely don't understand why bitcoins keep rising. Why tho? What makes one coin somewhere around $16,000?

so basically useless currency? more useless that WoW gold...

The amount of power required for a single btc transaction *today* already makes it ethically dubious.

>Can't buy any real assets with it
>Governments are going to start regulating it, inlcuding taxation, which will result in it becoming worthless

Bitcoin is a meme that has gone too far.

uh i think you mean just 'currency'? brainlet. it would be useless if it weren't worth more and more each day

good point.

Yeah, yeah. I also had some wallet with litecoins somewhere many years ago that I could sell today, but since it's a fucking file and I thought it was a meme, it's gone.

Your best bet is just maybe put a tiny, tiny uncompromising amount into gambling, then work for the rest.

So is it too late to get into anything like this?

If you had gotten in on LTC yesterday you would have doubled your money by today. But now it's too late.

>le bubble burst meme

virtual money doesnt have a bubble. it will only go down when all the people and companies in the world stopped using it.

Come on, this cannot be the last chance in history, can it?

>calls me brainlet
>proceeds to argue that the value of a currency is determined by the relative worth over other currencies
Buy consumables with it, go to your supermarket and buy me some doritos, then we speack

no it's not too late

obviously the best time to get in was yesterday but the second best time to get in is now

>LTC
I'm glad I didn't miss that yesterday morning. I saw that picture with Jeb as LTC and the whole map yellow, and I knew I had to buy. Thank you based Jeb!

Jews?

It is, sorry.

I'm not looking to get rich, I bought less than one Bitcoin a few weeks ago. I just want a small net for the future.

I bought over $3k worth of ltc when it was just under $100. I don't want to pay that short term gains tax though, so I'm holding on

the artist is Gujira

That's how it is. Increase in demand then there will be an increase in price. It'll keep rising until someone sells their bitcoins (a lot).

Because of the media, it caught normie's attention so they flock in and buy more of it.

>it will only go down when all the people and companies in the world stopped using it.
That's BS, if someone sells their bitcoins into money then someone has to pay him. Someone has to lose money just to pay that guy, that's why the price goes down.

Learn Economics before you spat shitpost.

I have .5 bitcoins how do I sell them all?

Got them when they were given them away for .07 each for doing questionnaires.

only if you are speculating on shitcoins
I stopped because of loosing some btc and now my 250% are like 1200$, without me even knowing that.
Just get some and forget oubut them for 1year and boom.

feels bad man

I remember laughing at idiots years ago building mining rigs wasting their parent's electricity for useless internet moniez.

Who's the idiot now? me. )':

So the first person, or first couple of people to sell off are going to reap the most benefit and get the highest return for their investment but in doing so the value of bitcoin will plummet and effectively render everyone else's worthless?

Seems a bit dangerous to keep hoarding with prices so high. If you aren't one of the first to sell you'll effectively lose everything.

Find an exchange from your country and link your bank account. Coinbase is probably the most common solution if you're an american. Don't forget to pay your taxes.

what difference does it make? practically everyone and their mothers cashed out too early. If he didn't buy those pizzas he would probably cash out $200 or whatever. People who bought at $400 likely sold at $1000 and so forth.

I developed a serious mental problem because of this damn cryptoregret. All the time at my shitty job I would keep thinking "what if I hadn't sold them? what if I had bought more? I had the money, I had the knowledge, why didn't I? where the FUCK did I lose that notebook with my seed words?" etc.

I couldn't stop thinking about it. I still do but I've gotten better. There is a random electrum wallet with 400k$+ worth of btc locked away forever. My old wallet when I got bored and lost my crypto-notepad while moving years ago. That money would change my life right now.

I shouldn't even write this post it's all making me so fucking sad.

That's investing for ya. You nerd a crystal ball. I'll just keep investing in retirement funds be because they are solid right now

brute force it

I know the btc address and that the wallet was electrum.

I don't think that is enough. The original wallet is long gone since I've switched OS ~6 times since then.

Meant to reply to you ofc.

You've lost an opportunity. Cope harder.

fake and gay

i currently own about 25 bitcoins. can't wait for it to go to a million each

So, if you anons would invest some money today, what would you buy? Do we fall for the IOTA meme? It keeps rising

>GUYS
>BUY MY COINS
>GUYS PLEASE
>THE BUBBLE WONT POP
>THIS IS JUST A DIP
>BUY THE DIP GUYS
>BUY MYYYYY COIIIIIIIIINS!

>centralized garbage owned by a profit driven corporation
>home made shitty cryptography
>ternary crap forced on it to shill their other products

Might as well buy Burgercoins

Cheap coins: Chainlink, request-network, ripple.
I think IOTA will have an adjustment soon.

There's ETH and LTC for holding longer. Don't put everything you have in one coin.

THIS

That guy probably didn't mine 10,000 bitcoins, spend it on a pizza then never touch the stuff again. I'm sure he's got more bitcoins than he could sell.

>he doesn't buy penny stocks

AHAHAHAHA.

>mine litecoin around 5 years ago, haven't touched it since then.
>notice that bitcoin is spiking, be curious about my old litecoins
>check the chart and see litecoin has done nothing but steadily decline compared to bitcoin
>load up my old account yesterday, see the few litecoins. What the hell, it's only going to go down. I'll put them in bitcoin
>see this post
fuck

40% BTC 40% ETH.
20% XMR or shitcoin of your choosing.

I don't understand the latest trend in bitcoin.
Originally it was single day spikes, then crash to 50% of the spike. It did that when it reached $30, $100, and $1000. So why is it now slowly over the course of a year rising until it spiked the last month?

>qmk
its just the firmware that can be programmed, they have a 7.4bit processor and most of manufacturers let you flash it
qmk.fm/

You can get chink DIY very cheaply but i would dive like that into it as a first comer.

Sup Forums can you reccommend a wallet for me to short bitcoins with?

had a chance to get 2k worth of Bitcoin in 2012 but didnt.

im sad

If it makes you feel better, I listened and I had a wallet with over 200 BTC in it back in ~2011 that I lost the key to at some point since I never really took it seriously.

Eh, it's a whole different field now. You have big boy investors and actual banks and shit buying in these days.

I lost my $100 worth of bitcoins and now it's probably worth more than $1000. If only I had more money as a teenager and held on to my coins...

>made $12,000 trading alt-coins yesterday
>just got in like 6 months ago, no money invested, just some time monitoring the forums and mining brand new shitcoins and hitting a few lucky P&Ds

>proceeds to argue that the value of a currency is determined by the relative worth over other currencies
Because it literally is you fucking retard
Have you ever heard of the currency market?

don't even think about anymore
would go mad.

>Be me
>Only browsed Sup Forums
>Sup Forums shilled bitcoin
>lmao there's no way this retards would get me tons of money
>ignored it
>now it reaches 19000$
>realize those fucking retards are the core of this 4th industrial revolution
>now check hundreds of subreddit and 12 Sup Forums boards, also almost every articles on hacker news and medium and write summarized daily information on my diary every night
>I'll keep doing this at least for decades

are you intentionally retarded?
what you think are they trading on those markets you fucking mong, they are trading assets even if they are fictional like debt at the end of the day they are bonded to some entity that has physical value. Bitcoin has nothing besides a ground of people living in a fantasy world meanwhile none is implementing their fantasy money in any major transaction system, there's no shops nor banks that will accept you this meme coin for a payment, on the real world they have less value than junk bons. I don't even think that it will survive a global crisis where all markets get a hit, local economies can leach of bitcoin because its a global market but when the global market get his everyone will see how worthless pony coins are.

I had 180 BTC at one point.

It's okay though because even though I sold most I've still made well over $100 000 on crypto in total.

1. Bitcoin itself has technical limitations related to scalabality, which are already showing in the exorbitant fees, transaction times, and electricity consumption. That means that it will never be a major payment utility, but there are several altcoins, running on different algorithms, who do have that potential.

2. Gold, stocks, government bonds etc. aren't accepted as payment either, but no one in their right mind would call them "fantasy" just because you can't "buy doritos" with them (top kek)

3. Bitcoin's distributed ledger makes it a relatively safe and stable option for storing value - an option that can't be stolen (gold) or locked-down (banking account) or intentionally devalued (fiat currency).
The only times Bitcoin was stolen was when someone let their account get compromised.

Is there any downside to buying/mining small amounts of different kinds of altcoins in case one of them explodes? they can't all be duds, right?

there are 1337 coins listed in coinmarketcap

I'm no expert but I think the general rule of thumb is it's only worth mining a crypto if you start super early. Once the value has started going up it's better to buy some coins as mining it would take too long.

What about just the top 10-20 memecoins shilled around here or /biz/? general opinion seems to be that crypto is the future, but the dominant one used isn't going to be BTC

it's a shame the bitcoin core devs got bought out by lightning network® jews.

I hope bitcoin cash takes its place. (or SOMETHING that carries forward the coins I've been holding for 5 year)

>they can't all be duds, right?
Not ALL of them, but there are hundreds of shitcoins out there - and by simple laws of the market, no more than 5 will be in practical use once the dust settles.
Probably no more than three:
>the gold equivalent: no practical use but stable price due to huge market capitalisation
>the privacy-oriented coin for criminals and degenerates
>the actual useful coin, most likely centralised to a degree

let's hope it crashes

Anyone who complains about not listening to Sup Forums is a poorfag who wouldnt have held this long.