RIP Vega

wccftech.com/amd-stops-shipping-reference-rx-vega-favor-custom-cards/

>AMD is discontinuing the production and distribution of reference Radeon RX Vega 64 and 56 graphics cards

Other urls found in this thread:

computerbase.de/2017-12/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-56-referenz-produktionsstopp/
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=founders edition&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1
anandtech.com/show/12122/amd-silently-lowers-radeon-rx-560-specifications
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>wccftech
disregarded OP sucks cocks

>In fact, neither does Amazon or Newegg appear to have any custom AIB versions of neither RX Vega in stock, as both e-tailers continue to only carry the reference RX Vega 64 and 56 designs

computerbase.de/2017-12/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-56-referenz-produktionsstopp/

Computerbase is a good sauce tho

You realise that Nvidia does the exact same thing, right? The Founders Edition cards disappeared from etailers months ago.

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=founders edition&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1

Just more Pajeet shilling.

>not cheap enough for mainstream
>not fast enough for enthusiasts
What the fuck was the point in vega? AMD needs another 480/580 product.

The media are unfair! Vega was a good meme, sad!

But where are the Vega AIBs????

rip vega..
amd every year stops producing refrence cards
shills try to shills without a proper knowledge

Vega is a new card, pascal is 2 years old

>amd launch a new gpu
>still no aib
>now it's discontinued

crypto mining, duh

you can't buy customs and now you can't even buy the reference card, wtf amd

>3x8

Ayy

Pascal is two years old retard. The issue is reference cards are gone and there's nothing to replace them yet.

where is vega nano?

no shit sherlock, i think AMD learned their lession about making such overpowered cards with stock coolers that havent changed since the r9 390. cant really complain all too much, recieved my vega as a gift and as long as you have headphones you wont hear it(mine is overclocked so i dont know about stock noise)

It's the best monero miner out there

According to Computerbase.de, AMD refused to even comment on that. RIP something went terribly wrong with this cards.

well vega is selling well (to miners) so i find it hillarious that they dont even bother selling them...

Rebrand vega56 as a mining card and go from there.

What a joke. They shouldn't have been selling reference cards for this long anyways, but we still don't have actual custom cards or even drivers that enable these magical primitive shaders every fanboy was saying would be Vega's saving grace

Sad.

yeah they don't give a shit about gamers, should focus exclusively on mining

>buying anything Vega
there's 1070/1070Ti/1080/1080Ti
they are better than vega meme.

Volta is already here too. RIP AMD RTG

>Pascal is two years old retard

The 1080 Ti is 9 months old, retard, and the Founders Edition has been out of stock everywhere for at least six months now. The 1070 and 1080 FEs haven't been in stock anywhere for a lot longer than that. Reference cards are always discontinued when third party cards come along. This is nothing new.

You're just some underage faggot from Sup Forums who has no experience in the PC market and thus falls for dumb clickbait.

Stop pretending this is anything other than Vega's horrible yields. They simply don't have enough to sell and the ones they do have terrible quality control. Vega is largely a failure from a manufacturing standpoint, they have to overvolt the shit out of it to get decent clocks. I'm not surprised partners don't want to deal with this shitshow.

but Sup Forums told me vega is huge success and nvidia is finished any time now

"""Gamers""" have already proven time and time again that they don't want Radeon, even when the AMD cards have been objectively superior or have been a far better value than Nvidia.
You shouldn't be surprised now that AMD is focusing on compute for the high end. "Gamers" always say they want competition, but always fall for the GeForce meme every time anyway.

lack of stock during the launch lasted for 2 months
that should be a big red flag

Fuck off underage piece of shit. ATi had almost 50% market share and shit the bed afterwards.

Fuck off AdoredTV.

RTG should stop making top end gaming cards tbf.
RX 470/480/570/580 weren't bad at all but cryptofucks gobbled them up and will then shit them back in used market when they wouldn't need them anymore.
Cockchain, meme learning and CGI cards for prosumer markets should help them stay afloat, they're good at that with that compute power.

What is it with the brain-dead SJW generation that makes them immediately bash information by looking at the source instead of judging the information itself? I realize this requires a functioning brain but it's not that hard.

The local retailers here in Europe don't seem to have any AMD reference VEGA cards, only partner cards.. and just MSI and Sapphire cards. I'm guessing that article is entirely correct.

Prices on the VEGAs that are listed seem a bit high, though. But nvidia's cards are also pretty darn expensive and it's just those two "choices" so I guess it's not that strange.

Betting exclusively on mining is a pretty big risk and AMD's been burned before. It wasn't any big news story back then but they did get burned badly when Bitcoin went from being GPU-mined to FPGA and ASIC mined. AMD ended up with a lot of inventory when a big chunk of their market disappeared overnight.

The current situation is worse, miners were a smaller share of their market when that happened. AMD's going to have a problem and get a reality check when ETH goes from proof of work to proof of stake.

Literally to free up supply for third party cards.

Not saying that stopping production is a great move when the cards are already scarce, but since were already paying more than MSRP for reference cards, and if it makes the AIB cards available faster, I'm all for it

Why is there always some AdoredTV-tier shill screaming about how AMD is a good boy and dindu nuffin, it's all that evil Nvidia's fault! Fuck off commie, better red then dead right, fellow Radeon rebel?

so? did they sold the polaris for much longer and i didnt remember that? LOL
aib's are out user 2 weeks now

have a vega overclocked on a refrence cooler

shits on amd because the coolers cant dissipate the heat quick enough and ramp up the rpm
cant be Sup Forums

Are you all retarded? This news is actually the best thing because now only custom cards will be sold.

oh yeah because only miners and gamers exist

thats why vega fe shits on p6000 and vega ssg is about to bitchslap nvidia out of the render farm industry

right

AMD needs to stop going with massive dies. In the first place when Raja was still in charge in the 2000s he never did massive dies. The best designs were lean and had high resource usage but GCN wastes resources a lot, and it's even worse with these large die GPUs like the 290x, Fiji, and Vega.

The 1080 1.5 years though

If they discontinuing the production and distribution of reference SO FAST, thats mean nobody want this card.
t. 290 owner

No him but I never say a pro AMD card in my life. Firepro and Instinct are failure and the Tomshardware bench was not relevent

ATi got the fame and hookers by going for big beefy dies, starting with R300.
In fact, ATi's small die strategy failed horrendously.

TIC TOC TIC TOC TIC TOC

>34.6 marketshare for ATi during 4000 series
Wait wut.

>What the fuck was the point in vega?

Satisfying investors. Also, it's a monstrous mining card.

Ayymd

I just want a good Vega 56 custom for 440~460€.
Doesn't even need to be the lied about 400€ MSRP.

I've been buying ATi/AMD since the Rage 128. I bought a GTX 1070 recently, my first ever Nvidia product because AMD has nothing. They fucked up.

no, before the 8800 GT, ATI was more popular

I've owned both ATI and Nvidia cards. Liked them both, current card is a Geforce 740GT
1997 - ATI Rage IIC (onboard)
1998 - ATI Xpert 98 8mb pci (still own)
1999 - 3dfx Voodoo 3 2000 16mb pci (still own)
2001 - ATI Radeon SDR 32mb pci (still own)
2004 - Nvidia Geforce 6800GT 128mb AGP (Still own)
2008 - Nvidia Geforce 8800GT PCI-E (Died)
2014 - Nvidia Geforce 740GT PCI-E (replaced the dead 8800GT) By this point the games I was playing were all 1999 - 2004 era titles so the 740GT was more than enough for them.

Spare cards: ATI Shappire 9600XT AGP, Geforce 740GT. Got these babies as backups in case of main card failure. The pc the 6800GT is in still fully functional though it is in storage.

That's exactly why is correct and why all the replies are from leatherjacketman shills. Even when Nvidia was releasing housefires and ATi had superior products, Nvidia never dropped below 50% marketshare.

see and KYS

(You)
My bad, I had the 200 and 400 series in mind. Even when ATi was on top it wasn't for long and Nvidia weren't very far behind.

ATi was top value for such a long time I still wonder why didn't they get 50% marketshare back.

I am waiting for Vega 20 hopefully they will not disappoint me.

>hopefully they will not disappoint me
L O L

>AMD is gonna turn it around with the next card, says increasingly nervous Indian man for the 7th time

Volta when?

Already, and it's nothing impressive.
More ALUs, and performance that correlates with more ALUs.

What, why? Vegas sell out in hours whenever they show up on newegg, even at $200 over mrsp

>Ayy
MD

>trusting a news site that doesn’t have a single white person writing any articles
It’s pretty obvious why you don’t trust it

What the fuck is amd even doing anymore anandtech.com/show/12122/amd-silently-lowers-radeon-rx-560-specifications

Its a low end card, Nvidia could do the same to the GT series and nobody would care.

>in favour of custom cards
Everywhere I've looked it's fucking reference cards only with the loudass blower cooler, there aren't even any vega 64 custom boards.