Intel alternative for threadripper

What does Intel have that equals threadripper specs, and how does it hold up price wise?

Other urls found in this thread:

intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/xeon/where-to-buy-xeon-phi-processor-based-systems.html
youtube.com/watch?v=GCICGJhfjM0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

skylake-x
it's shit, i wouldn't take my word for it though as this board is filled with amd shills, just do the research yourself

The Core i9 series and 7820X. $599(Basically a 3930K price)-$1999
8 Core (i7 7820X):$599
10 Core is $999

TR is $549(8 core) to $999(16 Core)

There are i9's... but thats basically a dead platform already. i9's all have troubling thermals and power issues, no one is buying them.

Pricewise, it doesn't come close. Threadripper *trashes* all the i9's on price to performance. You can easily run the best threadripper on the cheapest motherboard with an inexpensive air cooler. The comparable i9's need oversized power supplies, liquid coolers, and the most expensive boards. This all for a process thats twice the price for at best 10% better performance in heavily multithreaded applications.

do you recommend another motherboard or is this one fine?

Nothing. AMD made all massively parallel Intel chips obsolete by a huge margin. Only buy Intel if you're a gaymer.

>Only buy Intel if you're a gaymer.
why? games are made for multithreaded consoles

Good joke.
*laughs*

That board would be fine, if you're looking to save money, there are other options. But its hard to beat ASUS' quality on their boards.

1950x was being sold for 800 bucks for quite a while now, literally no point to buy any skylel-x now.

Just give it up intelshill your CPU sucks

Xeon Phi 7290, four of em in a quad socket configuration.

284 threads @ 1.6GHz, throw on a Nvidia K80 and you have a decent machine.

>1.6GHz

>g4600 is the best CPU that was ever created by humanity
>somehow Intel sucks
Upvoted

>best CPU that was ever created by humanity
DualCucks need to gtfo

>AMDrone's damage control at its best
Sad!

Realistically you just write decent multi-thread code and use all the fucking cores.

my software uses any number of threads you throw at it, but I can't even find a 7290

>throw on a Nvidia K80
why?

Who is this qt3.14?

it's obvious CG you tard

You take that back!

Because if you're building a quad socket Phi build, why the fuck not?

intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/xeon/where-to-buy-xeon-phi-processor-based-systems.html
>Penguin Computing
>Cray Systems

Xeon if you need ECC, Skylake-X if not.

how does it hold up price wise?

who is that semen deamon?

>Intel alternative for threadripper
Probably their xeon gold or whatever line with a shitload of cores and threads.

Problem is that the cheapest one equivalent in terms of cores and clock to threadripper is like 1900 dollars.

Yeah who is she?

youtube.com/watch?v=GCICGJhfjM0

Her name is Saya

the perfect waifu, even though I don't like the way she looks

I guess you can find some mods on nexus or whatever.

>Intel alternative for Greenarrays F18A?
>What does Intel have the equals GA144 specs, and how does it hold up price wise?

are you implying playing a bethesda game? yuck