For all of you Firefox fans/shills

First off, I'd like to open this by saying that this is NOT a pro-Chrome or Pro-Google thread. Far from it.
However, you've got some explaining to do.
This browser claims to respect user freedom and privacy,
but what the fuck is this then?
gist.github.com/haasn/69e19fc2fe0e25f3cff5

Firefox sends Google search/download data, and needs so much about:config tweaking!
Plus this whole list isn't even up to date!
here is likely even more shit they've added that needs to be disabled, and who knows what they'll add later?

Why does this crap need to be here?
Why can't I just have a fucking browser?
"""Telemetry""" shouldn't exist.
Browser botnet shouldn't exist.
Should I just install Brave or Icecat or something?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BrendanEich/status/932666411679301632
github.com/perfect7gentleman/pg_overlay/tree/master/www-client/firefox/files/privacy-patchset-57
dslreports.com/forum/r30412405-Firefox-Saved-telemetry-pings-folders-in-your-profile
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Install Brave and forget about fireshit, it was never that good imo.

>less control over your browser
>less extentions
No, brave is shit.

Was thinking of doing that. I've been browser-hopping for a bit. Brave had me worried for a while because it's electron/chromium-based, but Brendan says its not botnet.
twitter.com/BrendanEich/status/932666411679301632

Brave is still in the developing stage and they'll keep adding new extensions. Some popular ones are already built in. Firefox is literally chrome tier botnet now, it doesn't matter how much control you have over it. It's a gigantic bloat and a botnet by default.
Haven't found anything botnet related in Brave so far, been using it since June. Pretty comfu desu.

>creator of browser says it's not botnet
oh ok then...

>some fa/g/Sup Forumsot who knows nothing about it says it is
oh ok then

As I mentioned earlier, there's also Icecat. It follows the Firefox ESR releases, and is made by GNU to not have telemetry.

GNU is a cute wilderbeast uwu

Is it botnet?

Firefox is still better than brave at this point in time.

I wish someone would come out with a "Retrofox" that went back to an earlier version of FF before they started changing it every few months. WTF.

You're looking for Pale Moon.

>better
Said who?..

>"""Telemetry""" shouldn't exist.
Purely optional feature that you'd have to be a brainlet to not know how to disable

>and is made by GNU to not have telemetry.
You are so unbelievably retarded. There is no rule in the GPL that states you cannot have telemetry. Not only that but the telemetry can be disabled, you dumb cunt.

Based on the fact that its not shitty electron and

>Brave
Brave is literally the worst choice anyone could make.

>no rule in the GPL
I know, dumbass.

OwO whats this?

>is made by GNU
Good enough reason to not use it.
Everything they do is over-engineered, lack feature and is out of date.

Sure thing fireshills :^)

It's called seamonkey.

Never had any issues with high cpu or crashing or telemetry. I know how to use about:config and monitor my network. Nice try electron shills :^) your shit will always be inferior when its based on chromium and electron.

But chromium-based browsers are faster and less of a bloat compared to firefox. Mate you are deluded, sad.

Well when brave has less features it will be less bloated. Speeds are the same for me when comparing real world usage too.

Hey mate you wouldn't happen to have a quick gestalt on installing ublock origin from the github for pale moon. I'm using firefox quantum atm. I'm not the best when it comes to these master branch files with no directions. How hard would it be to have simple instructions in the zip.
Do I add a script to grease monkey or an equivalent or something.

Nevermind man, I'll work it out sorry.

What's a good alternative to DownThemAll?

did anyone read the fine print at the bottom lol

Stay blasted.

>believing that one side is on your side and not that every party in this net neutrality shit show has their own ulterior motives to fuck over the consumer

which flavor of shit would you like?

The Brave payment and ad replacement stuff seems ten times more scummy than pocket or whatever telemetry bullshit Firefox has, it doesn't matter how optional it is.

waterfox + adnauseaum
whats the big deal with brave?

>using extra resources to click on ads in the background
WEW
You got memed twice

>Brave
>A Chromium browser
>Implying it's better in terms of privacy

>based on chromium
>ad replacement
>created by the same faggot who brought us javascript
>shady cryptocurrency
all the faggots who shill brave are retards who invested in a browser-based cryptocurrency.

>>based on chromium
see >>ad replacement
Explained in pic related
>>created by the same faggot who brought us javascript
And now he puts a script blocker with his browser.
Even he knows he fucked up
>>shady cryptocurrency
It's opt-in.

I just upgraded nightly.

Now my theme looks fucked up, and removing it looks fucked up also. I can't even access the customization settings. If it weren't for the font rendering I would surely go for something else.

>5 BAT have been deposited into your Brave wallet.

I don't know shit, in the github post half of that stuff isn't in the about:config...

i've never had someone say this meme to me before
wew

>Benjamin Smedberg
fucking always

Yes, nu-Firefox and Pozilla suck ass. It's still the best choice though (out of shitty options), once you configure/patch it. Easy enough on Gentoo
github.com/perfect7gentleman/pg_overlay/tree/master/www-client/firefox/files/privacy-patchset-57
+ ghacks-user.js for about:config fixes

Thats what you get for using an experimental alpha build you retard. Use Beta or stable.

Pro tip.
Give up the privacy battle. You won't win it. Internet and software gather information all the time and you can't stop it. If you want to go full privacy, you install Arch Linux/Gentoo, turn off the internet and use open software applications.

Literally the only reason to defend Brave is because you want to pump their shitty token.
There is no other reason to use it over the hundred of other firefox/chromium forks.
Also, I wouldn't trust anything that comes out of JS man's mouth.

>being this brainlet
you can use all your favorite services fully by simply using false info to sign up for things and never linking your bank account to anything. you wouldn't even need to configure any privacy settings because they're tracking fully someone who doesn't exist...

>you only get tracked when you make an account on websites
Am I really on Sup Forums right now?

if youre not gonna use the internet, why restrict yourself to free and open source software?

That's why I use Yandex browser.

It's chrome without google spying on you.

I trust Russian devs to have removed it more than some kids working on brave and shit.

I mean I know that means Putin is spying on me, but I don't give a fuck about that, I'm not in Russia.

Next level shitposting right there

It's true though.

Whilst google cares about getting data from every single person, Russian government doesn't.

Especially not from some random guy from a country far away from them.

Unlike google.

And well, I trust well paid russian hackers to have done a better job at removing all the spyware crap from chrome.

user, stop. I cant take it anymore.

>not using pale moon

>browsing the internet with a bloated shitfest of spyware
>not using links

>WebRTC is bad

fuck off kid

It can leak your real IP if using a VPN. Also isnt impossible to disable webRTC on chromium browsers. Or is it just chrome?

>Should I just install Brave or Icecat or something?

Why didn't you? Oh, so you could come here and cry like a little bitch.

Browserfags are retarded. Install SEVERAL browsers, USE them then CHOOSE one or three or whatever suits YOUR use case.

How hard is that?

It isn't

Now fuck off.

Did you not read the link OP provided? No shit any old brainlet can tweak an about:config, it's just obnoxious as fuck. Plus, I'm sure as hell not about to audit the entire FF codebase just to make sure that actually disables all of the botnet in there.

I'm sorry, I'm not about to trust anything by the guy that birthed the monstrosity that is JavaScript. There is simply no way he can possibly repent for that sin.

>creates javascript
>puts a javascript blocker in his browser
even he knows he fucked up.

x-berg is a common Jewish name, but it's also a common name in Germanic countries in general, such as Sweden, Norway, etc.
However, if the person is American, it's very likely he is jewish

>In the year 2030:
>Brendan Eich creates an app to remove the Brave botnet from your computer

I ditched firefox recently because of the privacy bullshit. It's a basic betrayal of the userbase and of the ideas that the browser was founded on. I have since begun using waterfox which I think is based on an earlier, less cucked version of ff.

But that's the problem. 99% of browsers are unusuable garbage.

The non-existent privacy bullshit you just made up?

You don't need to touch about:config to disable the telemetry. Only the normal settings.

Stop spreading lies, Chrome shill.

If search as you type is enabled, any browser sends every keystroke to search engine. It's how find as you type works.

So you're okay with Russia harvesting your data?
What if there's a regime change, and Russia gets friendlier with the West? They'll still have it all...

install waterfox, brave, and iridium

Please stop.
Someone making a complaint about firefox is not automatically a "Chrome shill".
Be reasonable for once, and realize that if someone is concerned about firefox's level of telemetry, there is NO FUCKING WAY that they would ever touch Chrome with a 10 foot pole.

Who gives a shit. If people want to use a certain browser than let them use them, what's the problem?

Usually they're trying to make a false equivalence to stop people from switching away from Chrome.

Is there any way to disable this?

install opera faggot

>why can't Mozilla just not pay their employees and force them to work for free

>when google does it, it's an evil botnet
>when mozilla does it, they're just trying to make an honest living
da fuq you smokin Sup Forums?

>Webextensions can't write outside download folder

>hurr stop using firefox botnet shit durr

What should I use then? Please respond.

No, you're the one lying. If you disable telemetry only through the interface, it'll still generate telemetry reports and save them offline. This behavior is defined by a flag in about: config and is on by default.

??? wtf are you talking about

Google Chrome

Firefox

You can disable WebRTC on Brave by simply toggling Fingerprint Protection, no need to install a third-party add-on or tinker with some obscure settings like in Firefox.

Pale Moon is literally the only good browser currently available. No BS, ignore all other suggestions

> I wouldn't trust anything that comes out of JS man
>I'm not about to trust anything by the guy that birthed
>created by the same faggot who brought us javascript

lmao, does the person who made these inane comments doesn't know that Brendan co-founded Mozilla and Firefox (he also was involved with Netscape). I hope you are consistent with your idiotic comments and also avoid using Firefox.

Fanboys/shills are fucking retarded, doesn't matter which browser.

Seamonkey and IceCat are also good

>No, you're the one lying. If you disable telemetry only through the interface, it'll still generate telemetry reports and save them offline. This behavior is defined by a flag in about: config and is on by default.
Citation fucking needed.

He should commit seppuku and his children can live peacefully.

If so, why tor browser isn't based on chromium or brave? Checkmate autists!

Brave is a relatively new Browser and it will soon have Tor on Tabs.

IceCat is literally Firefox. Don't know much about SeaMonkey except the project was on the verge of dying multiple times.

Just disable Crash Reports and Safe Browsing. Done, no data is sent anywhere.
>b-b-but about:config has Goolge URLs!
Those are settings for Safe Browsing. If Safe Browsing is disabled, then it doesn't matter what those strings contain.
>b-b-but muh WebRTC
Those are JavaScript/HTML5 standard features that Firefox must include.
>b-b-but muh Pocket
Pocket is a bookmark. Just remove the button and no data is ever sent to Pocket.

As i know the sqlite file have some tracking in it.

How the fuck can I change Firefox 57's tabs to look like the old ones? On Android. I know how to do that on Windows. The square ones look like shit. This might not be the best place to ask but it's not worth making a new thread.

There you go.
dslreports.com/forum/r30412405-Firefox-Saved-telemetry-pings-folders-in-your-profile

Opera is better than Firefox.

If youre on the internet youre already part of the botnet anyways so who cares what browser you use

Does it have Reader Mode? Might try it since I dislike the new Firefox.

>If I have cancer why not get aids too?

Firefox is better than Opera.

Now you're getting it