Programming is becoming a blue collar job?

Programming is becoming a blue collar job?

Convince me otherwise Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g4a7_HH9Wbg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Blue collar job with different levels.

Here's some evidence supporting my conclusions: youtube.com/watch?v=g4a7_HH9Wbg

Everybody knows how to write useful programs. You're right, OP.

Programming has been a blue collar job for over 35 years you fucking moron

Just like engineering

You're trying to use "blue collar job" as a dirty word to appeal to a particular form of the American class system that no longer exists. You want us to picture poor, back-broken fat man working on an assembly line for 60 hours a week to barely make ends meet and feel ashamed, but I'm sitting here completing a week's worth of work in 6 hours making $65k. Calling me blue collar just makes me feel sorry for anyone in the service industry.

its true service is the real shit tier

I mostly mean, that anyone can learn to code, doesn't take high intelligence.

Yes, it sucks to be underpaid like that.

It hasn't required high intellect to learn for a very long time, friend.

Only women and the one man has boobs.
What is this, I am 12?

I earn take home more than double that but am unhappy. Tell me how I can achieve your 6-hour deal.

I wish.
Instead it is a shitty service industry.

>Tell me how I can achieve your 6-hour deal.
Maybe stop caring about how much you take home. Maybe when you see the option between a "Full Stack lead developer supervising a team of 10 coders" and "Mid-level Back-end coder" choose based on your desires instead of your pride.

I know plenty of coders in the industry who use their coding ability to get the simple jobs assigned to them over with quickly and either work on personal projects or just gad about town rather than climbing the corporate ladder. It's not that uncommon. It's a pretty nice deal, as far as middle class deals go.

White collar != High IQ

>White collar != High IQ
Blue collar == Low IQ

>anyone can learn to code
I once thought this was true, until I saw people try to learn. It's a little too much like, "anybody can learn to read and write" and then telling everybody that they should write novels for a living.

Fair argument, sir.

Blue collar implies manual labor hence blue collar. Anybody who says it's blue collar is absolutely retarded

Citation needed besides an opinion from somebody who has never worked hard a day in there life

I'm not so sure it's blue collar. Way too much money in it. Like I make $80k right out of college as a web developer. It's ridiculous.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you study?

Service is pink collar

Tech isn't blue collar but it is true that there's a real push to train and hire more, cheaper, and less skilled programmers as custom developed software penetrates more industries more deeply.

Agree. In a social-democratic country like many in Europe a blue collar job is a job where you can earn a decent living, have rights, have a union, have an unemployment safety net and so on. As long as you are in a service with a preidctable 8 hour work day, get paid extra for overtime/evening/night/holiday work and have a pleasant work environment, you're pretty much set for a comfy life.

But I only have an MD, no formal education in IT.

Programming has been blue collar sine Fortran. If you remember, programming in Fortran without wearing a blue tie is a syntax error.
Other blue collar languages are C++, Java, C#, JavaScript and Python.
If you don't want a dead end job, don't use a dead end language. (A language where you have to wait 5+ years for new features or fixes from your language's designers).

Is the problem solving harder in mathematics or computer science?

Mathematics, your entire career could be dedicated to solving one problem that is easy to state in simple words.

But is that due to harder problem solving, or more research?

lol, plumbers are loaded, cuck.

i'm ok with this desu

>2.7
ew

I only have 1 blue shirt with a collar. I wear it maybe 1 out of every 10 days at the office. So I guess?

If you worked smart, you wouldn't have to lmao

You're not disagreeing with him you idiot.

A blue collar jobs is one in which you work out in the field. If you sit on your ass all day at an office, that's a white collar job.