/spg/ - smartphone general

Previous thread: News:
Redmi 5 released but confirmed just a meme. Has a weaker processor than the RMN3 (Snapdragon 625)

Huawei V10 announced with a powerful Kirin 970 processor but not much cheaper than the Mate 10 which has better cameras

Rumours of an updated iPhone SE. What will it be named?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E1besnW-Oww
youtu.be/3tcR4Xnoslk
f-droid.org/app/com.ymber.eleven
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Phone SX

Oneplus 5t is best. if you're poor then go with a Motorola g5 plus or something.... Next!

Any idea where to find a ZTE Axon M in europe lads?

I just wish they shipped them with Oreo instead of Nougat

>no project treble

Trash

iPhone SE X

>RMN3
tfw the name has too many parts we gave it an abbreviation

who /pixel/ here

I'm convinced that Pixel and iPhone users are basically normies and may not come to Sup Forums.

Got an A5 2017

pretty gud

I just got a Pixel 2 today. Super nice camera, and I like how there's very minimal bloat.

Why are smartphones getting so expensive?

Where they ever cheap then?

because they know retards will pay it

Well they used to be usually no more than $700, now they're regularly over $1,000.

Actually just returned my G5+ and got a OnePlus 5t. Huge upgrade

This. I bought my LG G2 for a lot cheaper than comparable phones today (equivalent Samsungs, for example).

What phone will allow me to not give any data to Apple or Google?

nokia n900

Anyone here owns Meizu M6 Note?
Should I go for it?

My iPhone 6 is starting to do that bullshit where the screen flickers and the touch stops working, so I'm thinking I might need to replace it soon if it gets worse.

Considering switching to Android because I'm now aware of Apple's stupid hardware decisions as well as wanting to get out of the closed software ecosystem, but I'm not sure what I want. Any recommendations for a good droid that's not expensive out the ass?

What the fuck do you need treble on the 5T

Redmi 4X or Honor 8 Lite ?

Somehow I have more faith in Huawei, being in the global top 3 phone sellers and all

just bought at 64gb iphone x for $1100

how big of a faggot am i?

is a cheaper phone just as good?

it can even be better
youtube.com/watch?v=E1besnW-Oww

why does my galaxy s7 need permission to make calls just for me to access my themes it comes with out of the box? seriously is samsung going to be actually making calls to people what is this about?

Librem 5 if it ever comes out.

I have a Pixel 2

I want the upcoming xz2 premium. Currently on trash m4 aqua

Redmi 4x. I don't think Honor 8 supports project treble so you would be left with a phone with no custom support.

What is the best place to buy phone cases aside from Amazon?

Any phone case brand you swear by?

Is it bad if I'm falling for the Essential meme? I really like that the company is about as un-proprietary as anything out there.

>Trash m4 aqua
Using this phone rn after my 5X shit itself and waiting for a replacement
Painful experience, particularly after a run in with water damage (ironic) makes the volume and power buttons not work half the time, and pajeet-ROM means I can't use the camera and get 4 hours SOT

A Google Pixel 2. If you're not a poorfag and have a real carrier, it shouldn't be that expensive.

I purchased my Nexus 5 from Google for 450 AUD, now the Pixel 2 is $1229.
You could say it's because our dollar has dropped in value, but it hasn't dropped to one third of what it used to be.

Pretty much why I've resorted to chinkphones to be honest.

My iPhone 5s reports that it has 1500mAh capacity out of 1550mAh design capacity and I get around 5-6hours SOT while doing things.

Is this decent? I’m on iOS 11.2

youtu.be/3tcR4Xnoslk

It is currently the best phone under 200 dollars so I fail to see why not. There's also always the Mi A1 with a weaker camera and smaller battery though if you prefer stock Android.

I actually even wash it on a regular basis just for lulz and it still works with 0 issues. I use the fastest samsung sdcard but the thing os i have the 8gb version and sometimes this fucks my shit up with filong the internal storage up with cache shit. All my fault for being a retard getting an 8gb phone. Other than the storage i have no complaints with it

Yeah that's decent.

Maybe I'm just a brainlet who broke it

Best music player for lagroid?
I used Apollo but I lost the apk

Mi max 2 or Mi Note 4x ?

Bigger battery is a must , however the mi max source havent been released yet.what do u guys think ?

Awesome.

I paid £80 for this one, advertised as locked to EE but I found different

>Apollo
Welcome in 2017

f-droid.org/app/com.ymber.eleven

eBay, I guess.
I don't have a favorite brand. As long as it protects my phone well and looks decent I'll get it.

>buy iphone
>miss android

>buy android
>miss iPhone

is anyone else like this? the fuck do I do

i have iphone rn i wanna buy note8 but when i look at the emojis and shit i wanna puke even tho im pretty sick of iOS rn

>note8
No. Just no. It's partially Samsung's fault that Android gets its bad reputation.

whats with the note 8, and should i go for the X if i were to choose between the two

>Google Play Music
>Google Play Books
>Google Play TV/Movies
>Google Drive
>GMail
>Google Maps
>Google Docs
>Google Sheets
>Google Chrome

If you're an iPhone user and have purchased apps on the iOS app store I'd say get the iPhone X unless there's something you really hate about it. Switching between mobile platforms these days is rarely worth it when you've invested so much into one.

All of which can be disabled and replaced with third-party alternatives.

can't uninstall, therefore bloat

I usually try find myself a kawaii tpu case on AliExpress desu.

nah havent paid shit for apps i just use the phone for music a lot of music social shit and taking picutres or reading car stuff in chrome/safari thats it but the iphone 6 is slow as shit its aids plus im low on memory because when i bought i i was kinda poor and on a budget now i have some cash and i wanna go all out for a new phone

Vivo phones guys?

Then if you're as sick of iOS as you claim go for the Note 8.

>root
>uninstall

why do so many people act like samsung and iphone are the only two choices and if you don't like one of them, the other is your choice?

what are your thoughts on the Essential Ph 1?? Thinking about getting one

Is there a list of Sup Forums approved android apps?

>Nexus 5X dies to boot loop
>Pixel 2 is expensive af
>Moto X4 uses a moldy old chipset (Snapdragon 630, really? Why do only Chinks and Europoors get the 660?)

What do /spg/? I like my Android as vanilla as possible, with vendor updates for at least 2 years.

dual boot on iphone

OnePlus 5T

OxygenOS a shit. OnePlus also doesn't announce its software update schedule in advance.

first time i've ever read /spg/ and wouldn't you know, the most recent post is nearly the same question I came to ask.

My LG Nexus 5X started bootlooping about 90 minutes ago. I live where it's cold and putting it outside for 15 minutes luckily did something it to get back into the OS. I used the 30 second opportunity to do a factory wipe of my data. I was enrolled in the beta program and I am going to put it outside again now, I just unenrolled online and I'm hoping that if I boot up and connect it to wifi, i'll be able to get it to download and flash the OTA image. Google fucked up the builds, so I can't sideload it (the beta image is timestamped after the 8.1 OTA image). My bootloader is never unlocked and I am going to keep it that way in case of any warranty relevance.

I've heard LG is being somewhat decent about warranties so I plan to get this fixed and keep it in a drawer the next time I am without a phone, or maybe sell it on ebay. I forgot how much not having a cell phone suuuuuuuuucks.

Frankly, the only phone I'm interested in right now is the Pixel 2 and that's almost certainly what I'm going to buy. I'm willing to shell out the money, but I have a hard time justifying it when the price is the same as when it launched, except I don't get all the launch goodies like a free Google Home and $110 for trading my old phone in.

Any advice? Any good Pixel 2 deals that I'm not seeing in my searches?

Warranty the device right away if you can; there's no point in waiting. Additionally, Google itself may honor claims outside the LG warranty period if you bought the device for Fi, or through the Play Store in general.

I got a retail device because the Play Store was out of stock, and it's out of warranty now so I'm out of options.

have you ever heard of reddit? there's a community around the nexus 5x at reddit.com/r/nexus5x and a lot of comments saying that LG is fixing devices out of warranty at no cost. I am definitely going to call first thing on Monday. I bought this phone in the beginning of July 2016 for $220 off Newegg, all in all not terrible for 16+ months of smooth usage. I am not sure how that plays into the warranty situation, but it was new in box, not used or refurbished.

My device is an international version (H791). I doubt LG would service it as it has literally no warranty commitment for it in the US.

what's the best phone i can get for under $50

i need a lot of them

Get a Nokia 8 or wait for the Nokia 7 or 9.

got a note 8 instead

i just bought an LG V20, manufacturer refurbish,ed for $190
did i do ok Sup Forums
previous phone was 16gb galaxy ASS 5.

How much does a curved display affect the durability of the device, screen and all? Nothing a good case can't help right?

thought about it but no headphone jack is kind of a dealbreaker for me

at $700 no, at $500 no, but i saw them for $349 new on ebay and that was really close for me...

but i ended up getting a asus zenfone 3 deluxe (the 5.7 inch with 6gb/64/s820)

OnePlus devices get LineageOS build super quickly, so there's no need to worry about ocygen.

Is the pixel 2 worth $650?

Yeah IMO it's the best in the high end segment.

I just want something that I can listen to youtube, podcasts and soundcloud on. I don't need anything as a phone.

What should I get?

MIUI 9 for MI5S when?

Why not just run the dev builds? Miui9 is fantastic in speed.

Did they fixed the audio issues already?

I wouldn't know of any audio issues. I'm personally using global stable miui9 on my mi mix 2. But i ran dev for 2 years on my redmi note 3 pro without any issues.

I was on Global Dev but the audio issues were too annoying, from audio desync to rattling noises, and the incredibly high ram usage from MIUI i decided to flash LOS, but somehow it runs even worse than Cyanogenmod on my old RN3P.

How are my fellow richbros enjoying their iPhone X’s?

That's the literal definition of bloat

I have a Oneplus One with a cracked screen and a broken power button.

Should I buy a Oneplus 5T?

Yes, it's literary /ourphone/

Someone who just got a Note 8 here, it's pretty good. Personally I'd pick the note over the X anyday, course in my eyes the X is way too overpriced for what it is and I've hated iOS ever since I ditched my old iphone 3g. You gotta put up with a little bullshit from samsung like locked bootloaders (if you're thinking of getting an iphone im guessing you dont give a shit about that), but I find it vastly more tolerable than when I had an S4, mostly since you can disable just about anything you dont want without having to root these days.

You may or may not hate the curved edges on the note 8 though, people either love it or hate it, I'm of the former, find it really damn slick

Xiaomi names are created by a subhuman retard. I own an old "mi note lte" and searching stuff for it was a nightmare. Mi, redmi.... fuck the chinks. I still bought a mi6 tho, because 300 euros for an 835 is ok.
Moreover xiaomi lets the forum run by pooinloos retards exist. Its a mistake.

Please like to maybe get an invitation to buy
What a fucking joke company opo is

No phone is worth more than 400 bucks, if you pay more you are part of the problem.

Mtk never ever

2gb or 3gb RAM? If you got 2gb that's why.

It was a waste of money to go from my 3gb sd650 rn3p to the 6gb sd835 mi mix 2, because the RN3P never lagged on any ROM.

Which ftp server app do you guys use?

Who here is looking forward to 5G?

I want to upgrade my xiaomeme note 4X to something better but it doesn't look like there's any worthwhile upgrades without spending at least $700AUD to get a oneplus 5.
Why is the smartphone market so unhealthy bros? Where is all the variety, the good mid range options?

That's all the android phone

The power of stock android

maybe the redmi note 5x will be good, should be announced soon