Why are Apple engineers such a joke?

Why are Apple engineers such a joke?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU
store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/business-solutions/zbook-15-mobile-workstation#!
www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-p/ThinkpPad-P51/p/22TP2WPWP51
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>rendering on a fucking laptop
Why are applelfags so stupid?

Why doesn't he use a desktop

Because they get away with it, since people buy their crap anyway.

why are you rendering on an ultrabook

>rendering with this shit

and yet she bought it and will upgrade to another one...

>rendering on an ultra book

Get an iMac pro for rendering fucking tard.

Just get a fan. I have to do the same thing to keep my Surface Pro from throttling if I want to do some gaymen when I'm away from home. I even have a little USB fan for it.

>why are you rendering on an throttlepad

fix'd

Why the fuck not just elevate it a bit instead of that shit? Would let the heat dissipate just as well.
Why the fuck not just downclock the CPU if it gets too hot?
Why the fuck would you write on it?

Another confirmation that iShit isn't the problem, but it's users.

>Mac
>"""""""""""""""""""""""""pro""""""""""""""""""""""""

I'm an unironic macfag and even I know you're a fucking retard

>trying to posture yourself as an advanced user while blaming Apple for your inability to choose the right tool for the job
>can afford macshit but can't afford or too dumb to have a proper desktop/server for times when you want to pretend to be an artist/designer

If you are dumb enough to decide to render on a macbook you probably have enough capital to use a render farm

youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU

is that an iFan?

I know, right? I have to keep a fire extinguisher on hand everytime I want to redline the engine on my 98 Civic. Really bad design.

>rendering on a laptop
what's your problem

Is that where a place where Mac users can store their laptops when their not in use to keep them cool?

iShit just exists because their users

that's an incredibly overpriced server farm. How are applefags this stupid?

Nice cuckbook, bro

It might be slow, but at least it doesn't cause my Thinkpad to overheat or burn.

That looks like a DUT farm. It's used to test software on hardware. e.g., Apple engineers flash each build of the OS on many devices to make sure it passes all the tests when running on actual hardware.

I have the same generation macbook pro and left it running with full load for a night and it didn't throttle. So I'm not entirely sure what the buzz is all about on this board.

Plus, you really shouldn't render anything on a fucking laptop, it's not meant to be used for that sort of work.

Today on Sup Forums I learned.

What does DUT stands for

Device under test.

>make a macbook
>append the name with """""""pro"""""
>can't do anything besides facebook or it explodes

#JustAppleThings

My refurbished DELL prebuilt doesn't have this problem.

>casual 3D rendering is the only "professional" application there is and anything else is literally facebook
>using empty marketing bullshit as a justification for doing things you know a portable is terrible at doing
>I'm not stupid, guys! The commercials said "pro" in them!
this is great bait or you really are a fucking stupid piece of shit

I had to use that exact fan with my surface pro 3 i7 when playing civ 5 or it would thermal throttle the cpu to 800mhz!
Sold it last week, it's fucking useless

I dunno about MacBooks, but on my T430 I feel like elevating it hardly makes a difference. I have it on one of those aluminum laptop risers and it still gets toasty.
Propping the MacBook upside down against the wall might help because the heat doesn't have to go through the keyboard.

>bought a facebook machine to do rendering

Ehrm..... change your thermal paste with something better?

>Why doesn't he use a desktop
What desktop? The MacPro that hasn't updatd in 5 years or the iMac Thermal Throttle Edition

What fucking difference is turning it upside down going to make, there aren't any goddamn vents on the bottom

>uses a laptop for rendering
you were a mistake, macfag

Diversity quotas and LGBTQIBCDFG+ agenda

When I have a bad day, I read user reviews on Apple products.

It's hilarious to look at people trying so hard to justify their purchase. Same goes with AMD products. Usually the reviews are pretty much "it works and it's what I was looking for". Not with Apple or AMD. It's more like "this Macbook is so good, it's so much better than what I had, AND WINDOWS IS SO BAD AND IT HAS UPDATES AND MAC DOESNT!!!!1!".

Its a troll image from the same pajeet who's infesting Sup Forums with 'mactoddler/itoddler' posting. He stole a Mac and pretends to own and hate using it. Very unlikely someone who loathes such a thing would use it for an extended period. I just wish people would think for a few seconds perhaps and learn to recognize obvious, obvious bait.

I render just fine on my HP Elitebook, it doesn't even throttle after several hours.
Sure it's not as fast as a desktop, But I can't take my desktop everywhere I go.

>It's hilarious to look at people trying so hard to justify their purchase.
Implying this behavior is exclusive to macfags.

>this is great bait or you really are a fucking stupid piece of shit
said the iToddler defending that the MBP cannot render without setting themselves on fire. Stay mad Soyboi.

Mactoddlers have defended this.

>I'm too stupid to know what a workstation laptop is
That being said OP is still stupid for doing rendering work on a laptop that's continuously built to be thinner and thinner for no good reason.

>rendering on a laptop in a situation where you could be using a desktop or workstation
You might be retarded OP

Just came here to mention, that he did wrong whatever he tried to do. The piece with the apple logo is the display. When you are trying to magically increase cooling by creating an imaginary chimney effect, you should probably put the motherboard and not the display vertically. Also this is totally unnecessary. The cooling is fine. Nevertheless a enjoy my MBP less than my X220 with Qubes OS.

>The cooling is fine.

retard

It's probably hotter than your mom.

The Dell Precision M4700 doesn't have this problem.

>Wah!

fucking

why?

OP has his MBP against a wall upside down, does it look like he knows how to change thermal paste?

What the fuck did you do to it? Do you own a cat or some shit? I used to process analytics data on one and it stayed at turbo speeds for hours at a time

>just attach this extra dongle to make it work

Literally the Apple ethos.

>workstation laptop
made for cucks who don't know what workstations are

This is why I only buy macs that are at least 4 years old because I like their /aesthetic/

>I don't understand modern hardware or the benefits of mobile workstations
It's not 2005 anymore buddy

I actually wonder what kind of shit does Applel use for thermal paste, and if a nonshit paste could actually fix the throttling. I got down 10 degrees on a brand new Acer with a 2 years old 5€ tube of MX4 I used on my desktop and other laptops.

I shudder to think of what passes for traditional values at Harvard.

These are workstation laptops
store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/business-solutions/zbook-15-mobile-workstation#!
www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-p/ThinkpPad-P51/p/22TP2WPWP51

and they suck ass compared to a workstation

Can't you do that with virtualization?

kek

>I actually wonder what kind of shit does Applel use for thermal paste

Gotta get that 40% profit margin. What goyim don't know won't hurt them until the warranty is already expired. :^)

As if Microsoft engineers are any good. They had to get Sega to save them from the OG Xbox from failing. The controller is a dreamcast saturn 360 hybrid

You're the fucking retard. Do you think Windows can handle apogee d/a and a/d while recording 96/24bit on a 17in express port laptop. Ntfs can't even move files larger than 5gb

Yes, becasue according to Sup Forums, everyone is a MacGuyver no matter what the OS

Kek, applel fanbois are attempting to deflect using whataboutism. We aren't talking about Microslut, you cuckold. Tell Ivan that he takes good care of your "wife" while you are away.

Have you ever thought to buy one of this?

>implying intel isn't the apple equivilent

>low price to performance ratio
>gimped hardware
>shitty keyboard, touchpad and small screen
>poor upgradability
How does portability make these things worth buying? PC at work, PC at home, internet machine for keeping busy inbetween. What situation would someone need to have this much power at this level of portability?

No, because hardware is hard. Normally you would have VM tests that can run more frequently (e.g., every commit), but you still need to do physical hardware tests.

see

>conductive paste on copper
Different metals corrode eachother. Do not do this.

>Rendering on a macbook
>Rendering on anything but an 8 core or higher desktop
What kind of retard does this, much less does this regularly enough to learn that retarded ass trick?
Like, buy a fucking Ryzen, they are cheap as fuck.

>workstation laptop
Haha holy shit, what a fucking non-sequitor

It's called oxymoron, you weeb subhuman brainlet

It's actually both.

no

Potatoes

>rendering anything on a fucking laptop
I dont care what the adverts say. It's a bad idea and you should feel bad.

>Every fucking mactoddler

>Ntfs can't even move files larger than 5gb
It can, but only within the C: drive, not transfer them. what a fuckin retard.

What the fuck are you idiots on about, I move 35+ GiB Bluray Rips all the time across all my drives.

>be tim cock
>be gay
>be leading Apple(tm) as CEO
>transform the entire lineup into gaytoy which will accept dongles(tm) up their port

fucking gay

>using a laptop for rendering
You deserve to have your house set on fire desu. What a fucking idiot.

You're really just going to lie on the internet like that?

>ryzen
>150+ bucks for processor
>60+ bucks for motherboard
>180+ for possible ram upgrade

What's this professional thing you can do on a Macbook Pro without housefires and you can't on a Macbook Air?

Why would you put shaving cream on a motherboard?

I am thoroughly alarmed