Is Antergos something between Arch and Manjaro

So Manjaro is for new Linux users, Arch is for experienced and antergos is for others?

antergos is arch repos but with an extra antergos repo. it's essentially just arch with a gui setup.

So, it's true what I said, right?

Antergos is for experienced users who can't be assed to install from scratch on a new machine.

Shouldn't they use anarchy linux?

It's up to personal preference really. Antergos does have a really nice looking default config.

I use it because it's basically arch but I don't have to do all the work of setting everything up and such

I just worry about my i3 config and such, which is pretty quick

I install Arch quicker than Antergos does. it takes less than 20 minutes

I have my doubts about that. Can't see how typing everything out is quicker than clicking next a few times.

been using for last 6 months as a webdev vm. just werks.

Use debian net iso

Not him

I installed arch on this machine today and it really took less than 20 minutes.
As long as you know what you are doing or can follow written instructions you're fine.

You can do the setup in Antergos is literally 2 minutes or less once the installer is loaded up. It's just clicking next and putting in your username and password.

Besides the installation, what's the difference between Arch and Antegros? Isn't it the same?

Antergos has an extra repo but otherwise it's the same thing.

Cool. I still don't see why they could not make just a graphic installer for Arch instead of a new distro.

You're lucky.

I spend 20 minutes just to install a bigger font so I could read the terminal on my high dpi screen in order to start the installation.

I spend another 30 minutes getting my internet to work.....but that was because a mouse had chewed through my Ethernet cable.

No, it's an Arch with a GUI installer. So it's literally Arch.

lolwut thats a long time user

Don't you think that having a CLI installation makes it easer for "strange" monitor configurations (or however you wanna call it, in your case it's a high dpi screen)? I think that in a way it simplifies things.

if you want to install arch with a gui then arch is not for you

I still cant make my Antergos to run a higher screen resolution than the default one my monitor supports

>muh secret club

t. NEET

>wtf why do i have to tinker to install a tinkerer os

>wants to tinker
>doesn't install Gentoo

I use Arch because pacman is fast and easy, it has the latest software, has a huge collection of software due to AUR and is rolling release so I don't waste time on dist-upgrades. I don't use it for e-peen on Sup Forums.

you can still have a cli installer. i never use graphical installers

it sounds like sid but worse

>Debian has AUR
You mean "but better"

Here comes da pulisai

Does that discount the time taken for the actual installation and getting the system up to date?
Cause I remember when I installed ubuntu it took a while to complete after I clicked through everything.