/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Direct stupid questions here (or ask your own stupid questions here). Google them first as a courtesy.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

8bit-lovelive.tumblr.com/tagged/audio
github.com/Jigsy1/JCC
reddit.com/r/technology/comments/7imkxz/verizon_vp_jokes_at_planting_a_brainwashed_fcc/
reddit.com/r/technology/comments/7iio7s/leaked_video_shows_fcc_chair_ajit_pai_roasting/
reddit.com/r/news/comments/7iml84/verizon_vp_jokes_at_planting_a_brainwashed_fcc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can some genius tell me how to download music from this site? Or do I need to do some kind of hoodoo like record the audio stream?

8bit-lovelive.tumblr.com/tagged/audio

My browser stated doing this weird thing where it won't let any other windows appear in front of it. Why is it doing this and how do I get it to cut it out?

Browser is Opera btw no bully, using Windows 7.

user pls, I deleted my thread. I didn't see this on when I was making it.

There's a link to a mediafire folder on the FAQ of that very page.

Where can I get Windows 10 Enterprise?

Nevermind let's use this for them anime tities

When I want to download music from obscure (not saying tumblr is obscure but the chink sites I use are) streaming sites I just use the Inspect Element tool, switch to the Network tab and watch for any mp3 or audio file being transferred, copy its url and open in a new tab + save element as.

Sorry, I didnt think you were gonna make another thread when the old one was 3 away from 404ing. Also didn't wanna pressure anyone to reply in a thread that close to 404ing, if anyone would've. So I made my own and was gonna post my sqt later so I didn't seem biased.

How to dress up as a woman and suck dick without being gay?

Is this guy's idea sound or is he a fucking idiot?

github.com/Jigsy1/JCC

wtf this isn't /adv/ !

thank you, I did not see

Nah you're good user, I prefer these fat anime mammies anyway.

I'm trying to set up a fileserver using openmediavault on a secondary machine and connect it to only my PC.

If I connect the two devices with an ethernet cables it just doesn't work, nothing happens if I try to access the web ui with the IP address the fileserver has. If I connect the fileserver to my router then to my PC it works.

How can I make it so it works when it's connected straight to my PC, and not through the router?

What do I put in uBlock to get rid of this shit on wikias?

There's this website called titanpad where a few friends of mine used to talk and stuff. The website is shutting down soon, but I would like to be able to keep the logs of our conversation. As it stands, it would require a lot of manual clicking, copying and pasting. Would anyone know a good way to automate this process? I know a little programming, but am still a beginner.

Visit the /dpt/ and ask there.

Anyone remember how to redirect someone to the catalog with a search string
?

That's weird, I don't get any ads on your page without touching ublock (got noscript disabled). Firefox Quantum and Windows 10 here

do you have all the filters enabled in Ublock settings?

Back-up software. What do?

I don't need no "Complete OS image" shit; I can re-install a computer myself. But I wouldn't mind some fancy differentials for a lot of my personal folders. Doesn't have to be Git quality (although I probably will use Git for my massive programming folder so that I can take advantage of .gitignore to automatically weed out all the build and auto-complete cache crap), but I wouldn't mind if it had "at day X, files 1,2,3 existed, at day Y files 1,2,3,4,5 existed, at day Z files 1,2,4,5 existed" without creating unnecessary duplicates of unchanged files. If you get what I'm saying.

Windows.

Seriously, aside from LTSB there's no reason not to go with Education.

I just opened F-Droid's gallery app a few minutes ago to find myself faced with a prompt of sorts. Scared the fuck out of me, and haven't been able to recreate it since. Was it just asking for a positive review or something? Slightly paranoid it was spying and commenting on my saved images somehow.

have you any good subject idea for tech presentation? I need it for english class at my uni
nothing to wide or hard
last time I did it about hiding data in images and people liked it

not sure if this should go in Sup Forums or /biz/
is it worth trying to mine any shitcoins with a laptop that has an intel i5 2.4ghz with 8gb ram?

the command prompt and useful things you can do with it?

net neutrality

fuck no

it isn't worth it to mine even with optimal rigs these days. only people making profit off of mining are the chinese since they can actually do so with cheap-ass electricity

I'm not that user but I have similar problems
They're likely doing some a/b testing with some new anti-adblock stuff

I got some cue and bin files I need to convert to iso on linux, what tool do I use?

dark fiber and the reasons why it's not lit.

oh and they are cs studies so nothing to simple
what particularly
I feel like it'ts been said enough but maybe

I bet not a single person in your english class actually knows what it is

Be a woman

Does LTSB actually have compatibility issuess?

How do I tell Chrome to permanently fuck off trying to force their shitty local settings on everything I do online, and that I want everything in English and localized to the United States? It keeps changing my site preferences, language displayed, search results etc based on my location, and I don't want it to do it EVER, I already tried everything in the settings.

Not him, but the other day the reddit front page was filled wih bright red imagery from a save the net website or something, about net neutrality. I know you likely think ">Reddit, lmao" but reddit is a big website with normal users. The thing also got coverage on youtube, and by memes about the indian guy wih big teeth? pij something. The point is coverage of it is mainstream, man...

Occasionally. There was a big issue a while back with modern nvidia drivers not installing on it. And obviously it doesn't work with anything that needs windows store, at least not without a hack. The main thing is that it's basically not supposed to be used for anything except ATMs and shit, so devs don't necessarily prepare for it, and the fact that you can't run the most recent version of windows compounds that.

why is my five year old laptop's fan blowing toxic exhaust

They may know "net neautrality" but they dont know what it is and why its important, or why its important all of a sudden such as they are voting for it this month and have already said they dont care about public opinion on the matter and are not open to opinions on it, and that they ahve already voted 3-2 to repeal it

I bet they dont know all of that information other then LOL WHY IS THIS WEBPAGE RED LOL LOOK AT THIS RANDOM INDIAN GUY LOLOLOLOL

please respond

how to get an anime gf?

>oh and they are cs studies so nothing to simple
kernel development

Where should I spend more money when it comes to hardware for a very limited server that hosts a single website?
Someone told me to just add kWh spent by every part to select psu, is that right?

we already had a course which covers that
I don't think any of sides would enjoy it
some light topic

Need help for excel

i need to vlookup values from another sheet

Sheet 1 and Sheet 2 has same data of their column A and Column B

I need the data of Column C of Sheet 2 to be put at Column C of Sheet 1

thanks

using the values of column A & B on sheet 1 to with the Column a & B on sheet 2

Depends what kind of website. If it just hosts a static page then just ensure the NIC isn't on a USB2 bus and then you can get the cheapest shit ever. If it is going to have redis and mongo then buy more ram.
>just add kWh spent by every part to select psu
???

I just typed a huge post in reply and lost it all cause I was formatting on mobile and accidentally hit back. Moving to desktop for this, while being willing to expend far less effort.

You are grasping at straws and your defense is clearly emotionally-charged since you felt the need to hyperbole caricature so hard in what is already a strawman. Pic related is an image I fetched from the Sup Forums archive of what reddit looked like when the entire fp was of net neutrality awareness. Here are but a few threads that were on the fp of reddit today about net neutrality, and the upvotes they got. Mind, a modest, successful fp reddit post nets maybe 10-20k in its lifespan on the fp.

reddit.com/r/technology/comments/7imkxz/verizon_vp_jokes_at_planting_a_brainwashed_fcc/
>Verizon VP jokes at planting a 'brainwashed' FCC chairman, Ajit Pai says 'awesome'
49.7k upvotes

reddit.com/r/technology/comments/7iio7s/leaked_video_shows_fcc_chair_ajit_pai_roasting/
>Leaked Video Shows FCC Chair Ajit Pai Roasting Himself With 'Jokes' About Being a Verizon Shill
61.7k upvotes

reddit.com/r/news/comments/7iml84/verizon_vp_jokes_at_planting_a_brainwashed_fcc/
(same link as first, but on different subreddit)
72.9k upvotes

You will lose the bet that an entire classroom of students who live behind phone screens will not have even a single student who knows of net neutrality. As well, I realize I've admitted to having seen the front page of reddit in the past day, so that allows you an easy way to dismiss my reply in another emotionally-charged way on your end. I cannot be arsed to deal with this.

btfo

My girlfriend is an arts student and didn't know what net neutrality is until i explained it to her.
Not everybody browses leddit, retard. You're just biased to think they do, because you and your friends go on leddit.
It's like with those youtube channels. Pewdiepie has over 50 million subscribers. But do you actually know anyone who watches him?
Same shit. Yes Leddit is immensly popular. But only maybe 1 in 4 people in an average classroom will browse Leddit.
The guy you respond to never made the argument that "not a single student" knows of net neutrality, either.

Welp, it will need a DB system in order to display images but nothing more
>???
Someone told me that kWh addition is basically what PSU calculators do

Right click > block element over the ads.

I can't root my Moto G that has LineageOS. I have tried the su arm package from the Lineage site, but they won't root for some reason my phone since Root Checker still says my phone is not rooted.

Is there any way to fix this, or is there another better method to root? Please, don't mention Kingroot, as it only serves to bring bloat and have higher chances to fail.

Holy shit, is this from BDs? Why did no one tell me?

You did actually turn on root in settings, right?

Does that work for that ad in particular or all variations of ads that appear there? Also does that work for similar wikia pages, or the particular page I blocked it on?

Anyone knows a good place to download cracked software in French?

How hard is it to make a transparent as in OS as little aware as possible, full disk encryption system with 3 hard drives?

...I can't believe how retarded do I sound like right now. I had no idea Lineage has an option that disallows or allows root.

Well, the fucking site itself never mentioned something like this.

Oh, well. The more you know. I have switched it to on now. Thanks for pointing it out, and sorry for wasting your time.

All variations of ads will be affected as long you keep browsing that wikia site.

And yes, it will, I believe, since theses sites are powered by wikia.

Thanks. I tried that before but didn't work. Tried again this time and it did work. I guess I didn't do it properly last time.

My BlackBerry Priv's been acting up.

When I turn the screen on it flickers for half a second and turns black, albeit the back lights still work. I know it isn't a hardware issue because the battery bar on the side of the screen displays fine when in rest mode.

I can get it to turn on normally at work, but usually in the evenings it does this horseshit. Could it be a virus or some shut update fucking with my OS?

My hand is exhausted. Using rxvt-unicode

What is that pic from?

>building my new computer
>using NIB parts that are a couple years old
>doesn't boot up, either DOA or fucked by static
What suicide method do you recommend Sup Forums?

is there a way to search for a specific comment on a video in youtube? the problem is I forgot the user's account name so now I'm only stuck with a few keywords that comment had.

Whenever a game is loading or I am moving files from my main drive (an ssd) I notice

1) if I am on skype the audio gets bad and choppy
2) if I am playing music, the audio is terrible, choppy
3) if its really bad, my mouse will be laggy, this is more rare

is this the sign of a shit ssd or is this normal?

note its specifically when the drive is under high use, and skype is installed on that same drive usually when its occuring the transfer rate is something like 100MBps

Wow, somebody out there actually uses that hideous xterm font

Why did I only just get the Fall creators update fpr Windows 10 today? Does it come later depending on geographical location or something?

The shittest CGDCT ever. Also the lewdest. Don't even remember the name.
After googling "lewd CGDCT" i found out it was Hinako note. Seriously i forgot the name and it aired not many seasons ago.

Uhh. I bought a chinky-looking QuickCharge charger on amazon, and I just heard it softly buzzing when plugged in. Should I simply return it or is that kinda alright?

I need a good quality comic book reader for my tablet (.cbz/.cbr format specifically). What are some? Also any other quality apps I should include.

thinkpad t420, headphones aren't working.

installed gnome asla mixer, uncheck mute. headphones still not working.

Install pulse audio manager, try to manually switch the output. Computer not detecting the headphones.

Currently loading up a live USB stick to test out of it works on that. any ideas on get the friggin headphones working?

fuck you man, hinako note was fun. also had a good ED.

My phone's eating all of my bandwidth while idle. I have nothing but Skype and the default apps installed. Nothing there seems like it'd consume any bandwidth.

What the fuck's going on and how do I go on about identifying and fixing the issue?

What's the best browser to have a fuckton of tabs and windows open?

firefox

firefox
opera

anything with noscript and lazy tab loading

Any of them, really. I currently have 72 tabs open between 10 windows on Chrome.

God damn, hold on, I gotta close a few things.

I never use the Shift key, only the Caps Lock.
I've been doing this for 12 years.
Should I stop now or is it too late?

get these out of the way first:
broken headphones
broken audio jack

Quantum encryption

please help

I'm on a wifi network, pc's plugged into lan, it's not donwloading anything from playstore and shit

as soon as I turn wifi on my phone it takes away all of my connection and throws me out of any online game or download I'm running, and makes it barely possible to load websites

it's an LG phone with Andriod 5.0.1 if that helps

QWinFF or Handbrake?

Headphones aren't broken. How would I go about testing if the audio jack is broken?

update 2

just checked with simple system monitoring for bandwidth usage, and nothing seems out of the ordinary

I don't even know what the fuck's going on

Wireshark

It's probably fine. I wouldn't plug it into anything worth more than $50 though. You don't want to blow up expensive equipment by plugging into a cheap power supply. Save yourself money by getting a reputable charger for your phone/tablet/laptop.

bumping this, please

Do you have an nVidia GPU? I had this with a 980Ti and it went away when I reinstalled Windows, but didn't install the nVidia audio drivers.
I know it was the nVidia card because it happened immediately after switching from an R9 380X.

see
also I checked on my router's advanced settings panel and there's nothing out of the ordinary regarding bandwidth usage and foreign devices

I just don't know anymore

Can you install chrome themes in iridium?

damn that would be weird if it was that since its associated purely with hard drive use, and arent the audio drivers only used when using the monitor speaker output?

Does StartPage replace Google's topic-specific search engines like Google Scholar and Google Patents as well?

Simple system monitoring tool != Wireshark.

Wireshark will capture and display every single outgoing packet, frame and bit on your device down to layer 1, not just some program data. Use it.

It affected all of my audio outputs, even when the all of monitor outputs were disabled.
It happened whenever I loaded applications or spun up a hard drive. Most of me programs are on a Samsung 850 Evo, so it was only a couple clicks, but it was consistent on loading any game or Firefox, and only appeared when I installed nVidia's drivers.

Answer me NOW