IDE for C++ on Windows

Your best IDE for C ++ Programming on Windows?

I am a Linux programmer now in Windows, before I used VIM but in Windows I look for some powerful IDE.

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/emacsbinw64/files/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

unironically, visual studio

Vs studio but install only necessary.

xcode
oh wait is that only for mac?
guess you'll have to buy a macbook pro :)

>macfag

>what is hackintosh
>what is vm

>powerful IDE
Visual Studio

>best
Unfortunately Visual Studio. Windows doesn't have a good IDE

They always tell me it's Visual Studio and I can't believe it

The compiler is kind of ass, but the IDE itself is as good as you're going to get and really is quite good at least in terms of features.

What is the thought here on eclipse for windows?

Eclipse for Windows is glitchy but otherwise good.
Eclipse for C++, though, I personally wouldn't recommend.

Dear, for the windows operating system PC we use the turbo C compiler which is also an IDE. To learn about this and other C++ secrets visit durgasoft software training
-Rajesh

What is the problem with the Visual Studio compiler?

I have heard that it is not compatible with ANSI C, in addition to how old it is

Code lite

Visual Studio is unironically the best Windows IDE, sadly. Though Eclipse/JetBrains are better for Java.

meant for c++ and windows.

It seems to constantly be behind the standard and is always behaving in nonstandard ways and really isn't all that efficient (is probably efficient enough, though). Other people who have stuck with the language longer than I probably have better information on it, but migrating gcc code to the windows compiler is often annoying for reasons that really shouldn't exist and is clearly faults that lie on Microsoft's end.

Best free (as it cost no money) - eclipse/visual studio.
Best overall - Clion.

Is it true that Code::Blocks and Dev-C++ can't use paths with spaces because MinGW doesn't allow it?

> free
> visual Studio

>windows compiler
>visual studio compiler
quick reminder that the """visual studio compiler""" is actually called MSVC and that vs can use literally any C++ compiler that isnt retarded

I use code blocks on linux and windows.

Clion / Visual studio
Vs Community doesn't cost money my internet friendo

emacs

>xcode

xcode sucks a bag of dicks, holy shit

10/10 bait would reply again

>mfw I use NetBeans for both Java and C++ because my VS through school ran out

This is totally fine. IDEs offer some perks, but it shouldn't make a massive difference for what you need to do. They're all fine. Even better if you don't have to pay for them.

How about CLion?

>What is Visual studio Community
>What is piracy

I kept having issues trying to add classes with VSC. They would add, but the .h and .cpp would be completely empty. It's a minor thing but really annoying when trying to create exception classes

Emacs, but the 64-bit optimized Windows build.
sourceforge.net/projects/emacsbinw64/files/

Jetbrains has decent IDeS, M8.

>xcode
Xcode is only good for Objective C and Swift, it's garbage for any other language. It recently removed support for C++ and Java, iirc.

Why not still use vim? It works in W*ndows and there are a million IDE-like plugins for C++

You could use Qt Creator if you're coming from Linux.

VS + Resharper plugin or CLion.
Free? None. I'd rather use notepad than Eclipse.

>windows
degenerate.

NetBeans

wow, so this is the power of the apple developers.

It took me 15 minutes for me to install Windows 10, and 4 hours to install Visual Studio. Other than that it's a good IDE.

lowl, look at this newb, he uses an editor instead of writing every line with an terminal command xDdd

kek Rekt

It's runs like absolute crap on w*ndows. Pluggins are a pain and decent vimscript is nearly impossible. Either use VSCode or run vim via bash

FUCK YOU ALL IDE USERS HOW CAN YOU USE SOMETHING SO BLOATED AND HAND HOLDING, WHAT ARE YOU, BAD AT PROGRAMMING???? HOLY SHIT NOBODY THAT AT LEAST KNOWS THE BASICS NEEDS AN IDE TO HOLD YOUR HAND AND IF YOU USE ONE YOU'RE NOT A REAL PROGRAMMER BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT WRITING CODE YOU'RE JUST HAVING SOMETHING GENERATE IT FOR YOU!!!! IF YOU WANT TO BE A REAL PROGRAMMER YOU SHOULD USE VIM BECAUSE IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO USE AND ONLY REAL PROGRAMMERS USE IT IT ALSO DOESN'T HELP YOU WRITE CODE BECAUSE WE ARE REAL PROGRAMMERS AND DON'T NEED BLOATED SHIT SOFTWARE TO DO IT FOR US

Visual Studio. The latest version isn't too bad, and you no longer have to install 10 GB of bullshit for a basic install.

Clion is good but not free. You can find a license online though