Where's the love

Post your rolly boys

Other urls found in this thread:

ergodox-ez.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw no wrist pain

Holy fuck that looks like an amazing trackball. If Only they m-
>There's a wireless version

Where the fuck has this thing been? I'm on my like 8th M570 in the last 7 years.

i have a logitech marble trackman and the ball stopped working for some reason maybe the glass sensor thing is dirty but it looks clean to me

This is the final boss. Scroll ring, center marble, four buttons (chorded too!) and a swany wrist ramp!

Might be fucked, bust out the multimeter. Or try rubbing the marble all over your face and jamming it back in

I have been using an M570 for almost two years now and I'll never go back to regular mice again.
That Elecom HUGE trackball looks amazing. Tilting scroll wheel is one thing I hated giving up when I switched to the M570.

>tfw the XBOXHUEG isn't available anywhere in europoor
Went with the Kensington Expert instead.

Do you play games? I can kinda make my M570 work but I definitely take a performance hit.

Not sure if an Index/Middle finger trackball would be better or worse for games.

Yo, check out hammerspoon. There's a config floating around that allows you to use rmb+marble to do 2D scrolling.

No way I'm going back to fucking scrollwheels.

Bought two from amazon japan back in september. Best trackball I ever used.

How's the index finger marble? Eyeing up all those buttons for blender-ing. But that index action im unsure about.

I can use both thumb and finger trackballs fine, I still think it comes down personal preference, just got to try them both to see which you prefer.

I prefer large balls in thumb trackballs like the sanwa in my pic. I used the m570 and the m-xt2 they were ok but still prefer the sanwa over the other two just cause of the larger ball.

In the end all my thumb trackballs died and my current trackballs are finger ones, the deft, huge and slimblade. If you want to use a finger trackball I would say skip the deft and go straight for the huge unless availability or price is an issue. I remember there are some complaints about the wrist rest being too thick with the huge in r/trackball, never encountered that myself though.

>index finger marble
I don't solely use my index finger when I use finger trackballs, I have my index, middle and ring rest on the ball and roll it with all three, the deft's ball is small so I just use index and middle on that one.

>tfw happy wristies

Damn, mind posting some hands for scale. I'm 6'4 and got a mad case of shovel hands. Good to hear that it can be used with multiple fingers, my fingers are fairly shot.

Fuck that's a beautiful setup. Where to cop that keyboard?

>Where to cop that keyboard?
ergodox-ez.com

>post hands
N-no.

>Tip of middle finger to wrist
19 cm
>Across palm from thumb with fingers closed
9.5 cm

I have thin fingers.

>N-no.
Aw come on bud, we're all a little strange looking. I'll show you mind if you show me yours? :3

Fuck me, those devices probably cost more than my entire computer. Jealous as shit. I'd literally suck a dick for an ergodox and a proper trackball.

I use the Elecom DEFT wireless and it's fucking superb.

It's the replacement for the Trackball Explorer that I have been waiting for years.

It was a one-time investment, hopefully, and should last me for many years.
In case anything goes wrong with the Ergodox, I can easily fix it myself. As for the Trackball, we'll see how easy that will be.

I don't like how there is no option for Ergodox without switches. I got some Gateron browns laying around. However, probably even without the switches the price would be too high for me.

The Ergodox Infinity would be an option should it ever hit Assdrop again.
There is also this guy on Reddit shilling his custom Ergodox shop all the time. Maybe you could get the PCB and a case from him

The ergodox seems like such a meme. I really don't get it. Just because your keycaps are straightened doesn't mean you're going to type any different.

You do, as it's split and you can angle it to match your wrists.
You don't need an ortholinear board for that, though. A split board with the regular staggered QWERTY layout is also great.

Put your hands on the home row and look at them.
Now imagine if your keyboard was split and you could angle both bits so your wrist are straight instead of bent to allow your fingers to rest on the home row.

Ergodox might be a meme but the concept of ergonomic keyboards (the one with split layout, not necessarily in two separate pieces) isn't.

/thread

I got this about 2 years ago I think. Stupid M570's kept developing their infamous left click problem. This one is great, never have had a reason to replace it. I switched out the ball for an M570 ball and I repair the left hammer once a year because I play games all day.

That's the one I use too. Its software on Windows 10 is awful - Ubisoft games don't recognize mouse clicks.

Been using it for about 2 years now. Been using trackballs since 2013, even for gaming.

What is that one like compared to M570? Are they the same size ?

You can look up reviews on youtube.

Microsoft Trackball