Is this idea even possible Sup Forums ?

If ISPs start throttling 4ch would this idea of streaming data from other websites through live video like Twitch or Skype work?

From here: hackernoon.com/exploiting-tiered-internet-to-assure-net-neutrality-17c4743b3850

Other urls found in this thread:

code.kryo.se/iodine/
broadband-hamnet.org/just-starting-read-this.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>throttling Sup Forums
This entire page, uncached, was only 225kB.
Cached under 20kB.

Throttling ain't going to be much of a problem here. (fuck /gif/)

Depends, I've done something similar with encoding arbitrary data into bitmapped images and back. Assuming 4 bytes per pixel, you can jam a decent amount of data in there. you could even use a streaming image format like MJPEG or GIF for time data.

The real issue is going to be encoding. Twitch re-encodes your shit on the fly, this means we can't grab the pixel data directly but need to identify which boundaries exist, average colors and have a less density overall. It's a ton more resource intensive, but it's doable. The other thing is latency, you're taking a normal proxy service and slapping on an enc/dec process with highly limited bandwidth.

So it'll be a mess, but should work

Throttling isn't a real concern. Outright blocking is.

Now to to other threads like those on /hr/, /f/ and the like

What about torrents? Would this video stream idea work or not

Sounds doable then, if the idea ever moves past just theoretical.

No because it's extremely data inefficient and would require 10G to transfer 1G. And guess what, ISP fucks you even more when you use more

>it's OK for our ability to share information to be heavily restricted, as long as I, personally can find a way around it sometimes

No, fuck you, all of it has to be opposed. There is no sliding scale. The internet is either free, or not.

>the soyim desperately shilling for botnet neutrality
Hope they finally snap when NN dies. We need more webm clips of insane progs howling at the sky.

heh, the internets has gone full circles

its data over analog voice telephone all over again

This is the main use case for something like this as pointed out, shit's going to be slow. Web browsing over this, sure. Gaming/video streaming/highbandwidth tasks, no.

It would require a server off elsewhere acting as a traditional proxy, then connecting over the link to a local proxy which would decode said data and relay it.

A similar porject is code.kryo.se/iodine/ which tunnels IPv4 traffic over DNS

I remember the thread following this guy's attempts at making this in the first place. If that is g man's work it is a pretty cool concept imo and I'm glad he moved to adding colors, lots more data there.

You've come a long way, good work!

Dead boards won't notice.

0/10

will you register for the webm package to get them?
or will you send them via carrier pigeon?

>Possible
yes but it will be probably slow as fuck and video artefacts are going to garble some parts of your data.

I've read about a dude exploiting unlimited mobile traffic from social networks by making his own app that displayed other sites in an iframe and hosting it on vk.

if you're referring to the posts which spawned that youtube storage program, that was me
i didn't do any of the youtube stuff, or what op posted
if you remember, i pointed out that qr codes weren't optimal for this, as those are designed for cameras to 'see', when you're working with video directly, there's no issue as far as offset/skew/scale go, so there's no need to dedicate space for that like qr codes do
also, color is too easily mangled when you have no control over the video encoding process, and is almost always 1/4 the resolution of luma (black/white), so it's hardly worth trying to work around, especially when there's no limit on video length (just use more frames)

Because when you gonna stream something that goes by "noise" there is something to take you down?

What forms of knowledge do you need from this networks?

It's like if somebody got some magnetic space, you know what I mean, we could, save some, with seeds.

...what?

What reason do you have to disagree with net neutrality other than bandwagoning with the rest of the cringy faggots "soyboys like it, i'm not a soyboy/cuck/sjw/redditor so i hate it, trump #1 build the wall USA"

The only legitimate reason to dislike net neutrality is when you're an ISP and you want an opportunity to impose cable tv era tiered content based packages to your customers. That's all there is to it. TV is on life support, and these companies need a new way to grab you by the ankles and shake the money from your pockets.

broadband-hamnet.org/just-starting-read-this.html