So I got one of these fuckers as a gift from a buddy, works well as $30 light switch

So I got one of these fuckers as a gift from a buddy, works well as $30 light switch.

Should I be concerned about surveillance? Is it sending everything I say to big brother?

It sure is convenient though

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NYnYSgIeKso
snipslabs.herokuapp.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What are you doing where you need to yell at your lights for it to be more convenient than using a switch?

You're a fucking tool.

How can people tolerate these spy machines in their homes? How much CP does amazon collect from these things from stupid parents who buy this trash?

Can lay in bed and turn on and off the lights for reading. If I got the plugs I could also turn of and off my fan and other lights.

They are designed to only send audio recorded around the time it hears its trigger word(s). However, as with all auto-updating software, that could change at anytime without notice to you. But the audio that is sent back to home-base is recorded, saved, analyzed, and becomes part of your profile for learning about your behavior. And yes, they will comply with law enforcement ("big brother") if there is reason to.

The particular models in OPs pic don't have optics, so I don't think they will be collecting much CP.

what

>Should I be concerned about surveillance?
Yes.

>Is it sending everything I say to big brother?
Yes.

If you care about your privacy at all you wouldn't let one of these anywhere near your home.

I've got a limited setup and its more novelty than anything, we finally got enough light bulbs to deck out the house (some more plugs would be nice) so it's sorta cool to say "Turn off downstairs" and all the lights go out.

Besides that it's a funny gimmick if you have guests over.

>Be virgin fag
>Put Echo in bedroom
>8 hours of snoring
Nothing of value was lost

what?

Be part of the botnet, or choose to make your own voice assistant using snips and raspberri pi.

youtube.com/watch?v=NYnYSgIeKso

snipslabs.herokuapp.com/

to here everyone with a smartphone:
SHUT FUCK ABOUT A ALWAYS ON MICROPHONE YOU SHEEP

This I just bought one because they were on sale and figured I could use it for some home automation. I will just do the same thing I do with my phone when I don't want a mic near me unplug it, put it in a box in a different room.

just turn it off when you're not using it

What this guy said. Better off knowing exactly what it does by building it yourself, or at least using open source software. Never give proprietary tech this much control.

>Should I be concerned about surveillance? Is it sending everything I say to big brother?
Yes and yes. My Dad got one and I refuse to speak in the same room as it.

>meanwhile I continue to carry my (((smart)))phone in my pocket every day

Think about it this way, your pointless life is wasting NSA or CIA resources, they have to save it somewhere and when they search for something else they have to pass your 10h masturbation marathon as well, so by keeping it you're doing everyone a favor.

Why do you carry your smart phone in your pocket everyday?
I assume it's job related.

That is its only business model, so yes

BOTNET

>Should I be concerned about surveillance?

are you literally retarded? it's a 24/7 microphone that streams everything within earshot to amazon for recording and archiving. it probably even wiresharks your internet traffic on top of that.

Alexa, turn on movie time
main lights turn off, other lights turn on at a very dim level, entertainment center and tv turns on

You have a phone that can do the same thing

"should I be concerned about surveillance?"

>Sent from my iPhone

this desu

all of that can be automated with a single switch. and you don't need a literal botnet for that.

Thanks for your contribution