Which is the best ultralight Ultrabook and why is the Carbon X1?

Which is the best ultralight Ultrabook and why is the Carbon X1?

Other contenders:
>Asus Zenbooks
>Dell XPS 13
>HP Spectre x360
>Macbook

> Lenovo
See

I nearly bought this cheap.
Instead I bought E470P.
I'm a fucking idiot.

The Dell is the by far best of these

Macbook

>good screen
>good battery life
>comes with a good os installed that just works for normie shit and dev shit
>best build quality
>best customer support
>company that at least pretends to care about your privacy

Yeah, they're "overpriced" for the specs, and the most recent generation of MBPs aren't as good as the previous ones imo, but at least I don't have to put up with the other vendors' autistic shit. In exchange for what, too? I get a new laptop every 3 or 4 years anyways so I don't care about upgradable shit and old macbooks are powerful enough to handle home server/media pc workloads. I'm not a clumsy retard and have never had a laptop break, so I don't give a shit that the chinkpads are waterproof or whatever either. I just want something I can buy, open up, and have my dev environment setup within half an hour.

Dell offers exactly the same stuff but is cheaper.

I've got one. Build quality is better than Dell, cheaper than apple, IPS FHD is gorgeous and I get 10-11 hours of battery.

Try specing up any other ultra book without getting a touch screen.

No Raven Ridge, no buy

But what's the point of having all this when you get spied on by chinks?

This

I don't use weeaboo taobao or baidu or whatever they fuck they use in China. Also, what proof do you have on your made in chinkland foxconn MBPro not having hardware backdoors?

I wouldn't trust Apple either.
Dell or the german Schenker brand seem only trustworthy.

I actually don't get why people meme up MacOS. I've been using an iMac for six months now and I honestly consider it inferior to both Windows and Linux for productivity. It can run FCPX and LPX though.....

the trips are correct!

>buying literal memes

it's pretty sad that "pretending" is good enough to buy your trust.

The Asus one is shit, Macbook is overpriced.
Dell and HP look fine, don't know about their battery life though.
The Lenovo could have chink spyware, be careful.

>Dell XPS 13
How cheap can I get one of these? I love those tiny bezels but the prices of modern laptops boggles my mind, I haven't bought one in ~6 years

>asus one is shit
elaborate

I have the Spectre x360, no complaints so far

I'd honestly pay the extra money and not deal with Dell customer service.

I bought a used one last year (model: 9350 - 6th Gen i5, 1080p, 128gb ssd) for $700 in really great conditions.

I have no doubt you can find the newer model, 9360, used for at least the same price on ebay.

Wrong.

Das ryte

The X1 has the best keyboard and the clit.

1. Surface Book - best all round laptop if you got cash to blow
2. Razer Blade Stealth - Bad warranty and support structure, but the specs for the price are second to none.
2.5 Surface Laptop - Good keyboard, good trackpad, 4:3 aspect ratio and some pretty average specs.
3 Lenovo 920 - Best all round 2 in one.
All the other laptops you listed are shit-tier desu.

>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer

How is the 920 better than the x1 yoga?

Newfaggots and Pajeets need to leave

>x1 yoga
7th gen CPU
starts at $2,420.10
>Yoga 920
8th gen CPU,
starts at $1,667.81

Any other features of the X1 are nice, but not worth nearly an extra 1000$

What's up with those prices? I got the i7 8gb ram and 512gb ssd yoga for $1300

Welcome to the world outside of America.

The X1 was what I got to clarify. Makes me wonder why the regular yoga is so much cheaper.

Less thunderbolt ports or something like tthat? I'd imagine that OLED display that's on some of the configurations of the Carbon aren't cheap either and they might buff up the price of the lower end models a bit to conphensate for it.

you forget

>that weird panasonic rz6 so everyone knows your are weeb.

Panasonic laptops are a pain to open. Speaking for c2d and intel core* up to 4th gen Let's Note.
>several screws of different length
>Screws are located in odd locations
>Despite all these screws, there is still some plastic clips.
>"wtf, I removed all the screws, unclip some plastic pieces yet it won't open... wtf am I missing?" tier
>Once open, a fucken cluster fuck.
>some pieces are just "carefully put there". The sliding power button, the CD reader button and the small metal cylinder the button pushes, the hard drive bay "door".
>Keyboard are shit tier
>cost as much as thinkpads or apple laptops
>thinkpad-tier specs without the built quality.
>I've seen a panasonic let's note with core i5 second gen with no usb boot option on the bios.
To be fair, I have to mention that these are durable with respect to shocks and the back of the LCD panel is very shock resistant. I also rather support Japanese economy instead of the USA (Dell) or chinese (Lenovo), but what you got with panasonic laptops is every disproportionate with respect of what you pay for. Panasonic is also a black company with endless hours, long meetings with no purpose other than justifying the employment of the manager and the manager's manager and his manager and his manager's manager...

>Literally buying botnet

None of those have an ARM processor OP
ARM is your only escape from Intel ME and AMD PSP in a new laptop
The last acceptable Intel processor was Core2Duo
And there are no ultrabooks with C2Ds

Therefore, the answer to your question is:

Samsung Chromebook Plus running GNU/Linux

That's not a price you can hope to get the 8th Gen version at though, right?

HUAWEI
U
A
W
E
I

MATEBOOK
A
T
E
BOOK

X

>terrible keyboard
Deal breaker. I can't buy any laptop that doesn't have a good keyboard, which pretty much just leaves me with Thinkpads and some business class Dell's

all new current line start for around 1000 for lowest specs, used ones about 700
add ~100/50 for every step up

Can any of these run with a Linux OS too or are they all hardlocked to Windows 10?

This is relevant to my interests.

Chinkshit with chink spyware.

Looking into getting an asus zenbook, am I making a mistake?

xiaomi laptop 16gb ram, i7 proc.

This

No, it's a good laptop.

>Which is the best ultralight Ultrabook and why is the Carbon X1?
> has intel ME enabled

Thanks.

ultrabooks are shit because you can fit a hdd in them and 4tb ssds dont exist yet. ignore all the hate on here new thinkpads are actually amazing machines the chiclet keyboard is actually extrmely comfy to type on i thought id hate it but its great best laptop keyboard ive tried out out of all the ones they had in pc world

just because it aluminum doesnt mean its built well desu guaruntee the metal would crack if you dropped one from a reasonable height the screen would also shatter since its glass. they do look great though if they kept the old keyboard design instead of these rediculous flat keys theyd be great devices

This is not the question here, we are discussing very light laptops (below 1.2kg) and all chinkpads except the X1 are heavier.

thats what i mean though all laptops in that category only have m.2 slots so you cant also have a hard drive other than that the x1 carbon is the best machine desu just seems stupid getting a slightly lighter hard drive just to end up having to carry about an external hard drive

slightly lighter machine**

There's models with 500gb ssd's, more than enough storage.
To me weight is very important and I am undecided between the X1 and the Dell

Would really like a Yoga 920, but the risk of poor Linux support is too great.

The retro thinkpad. Forgot the name

memes
it's easily the best laptop available. It has the best cooling, screen, and audio of any laptop ever made. It's light as fuck, has a 6 hours *real* time use battery, works with ganuu + linux, and has a great wifi chip.

Eat shit. The Matebook X is the best ultraportable of all time and there's nothing you can do about it
>mfw anons in this thread unironically suggest 16:9 shovelware when plenty of alternatives exist

I had the 2017 X1 and it was shit. Screen was washed out and dull as fuck. Can't even use in a sunlit room. They trackpoint was also bugged to hell and back and started to develop this weird shit where it would become stiffer and stiffer over time (no homo). The trackpad was easily the worst "precision" one I've ever used and it got hot really fast.
I'm sure the dell is a piece of shit too but the X1 was a major disappointment.

Next gen cpu when?

You had just bad luck with yours.

>dropping a 2K laptop
That's what 500€ Acers are for. Plastic is objectively best material for laptops that are going to be abused, as the frame can easily be fixed with some glue and plastic is flexible enough to not tear up the PCB once it touches the floor. That being said,
>dropping a fucking laptop

Is there a decent arm convertible?

no, I definitely didn't. Trackpoint I saw plenty of users on lenovo forums with the same issue. Screen + trackpad absolutely no way. Screen was just as dull as reviews said it was in reviews and the trackpad was just lame as shit and worse than every other one I've ever used.

I sold my X1 Carbon for a fucking Samsung chromebook pro over the summer and was happier with that. Brighter screen, higher resolution, better aspect ratio. Now I have the Huawei and I'm going to keep it.

Dell offers you a choice of Winderps 10 or having to install a shoddy freetard OS. Both are vastly inferior for different reasons to macOS.

Just install Ubuntu on the Dell

Why would I need a ultrabook?

>Just install Ubuntu
What part of 'shoddy freetard OS' did you not understand?

Weight.
If you ever had a proper 1kg laptop n your hands you will quickly fall in love with it.

There's no difference between 1 and 2 kg.