Are you a job hopper Sup Forums?

Are you a job hopper Sup Forums?
Job hopping should be illegal.

>Job hopping should be illegal.
Why? If you don't want people to move jobs, then increase their compensation and/or give them better working conditions.

fuck of plantation owner

In my country you get fired after 15 days for literally no reason at all, so you are forced to hop. Everyone would be in jail here if that was a thing. Everyone.

Bring back pensions and FUND THEM.

If a company gives me better conditions, career and salary why shouldn't I hop? The first 2-3 jobs are always companies trying to take advantage of your "junior" condition to pay you as low as possible, they don't even try to make you loyal to the company, it's just save, save, save. So I owe them nothing.

I do what I want.

>people willingly leave because you treat them like shit and they can easily find better places
>D-DONT GO AWAY, THINK OF THE SOLDIERS, YOU ARE ILLEGAL!

>sorry, we can't give you a raise even though you worked really hard and haven't had a raise in five years, finances are pretty tight you know?
or
>10-50% salary increase at each new job

jobs these days come and go all the time.
either you job hop or are jobless, really.

I honestly don't understand how some people can not job hop. I would probably go crazy after working for the same company for 3+ years unless I was constantly moving between different teams, working on completely different projects. The boredom and stagnation would eventually overwhelm a good salary or any benefits. There are tons of older people at my company that have been there for years and years and I can't imagine being satisfied in their position, even if i was their age with a house and shit.

Companies used to take care of their employees. Now it seems very few do, at least in North America and Europe.

> Companies used to take care of their employees
There was like a 30-40 year grace period after WW2 where pensions were good, that was it. In the 1800's, Job loyalty only existed because of job availability (or the lack thereof).

fpbp

>NO GOYIM YOU SHOULD WORK FOR ME FOR PENNIES YOU MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO SWITCH TO BETTER JOB
OK, shlomo

>companies want employee loyalty while treating them as liabilities instead of assets

I'm not a job hopper because I've never had a job.

This makes me ever grateful that I'm working for m company in the US. Had 2 raises in the 1.5 years that I've been working there, each coming in at about 10%. Plus bonuses, health insurance, retention bonus, paid time off, paid holidays. Makes me not want to hop

Pay better wages to your employers if you don't want them to leave your trashy company, but if you won't then stop blaming them when they find a better opportunity

Do you just really love the taste of boot or what?

But how can they possibly afford to give raises to employees when the company executives want massive, ever-increasing bonuses year-on-year??

>get hired for job
>find out everyone is incompetent
>hold out for three years since pay and benefits are great
>finally feel like shooting myself or coworkers

why shouldnt I leave?

im in this guys position right now. i feel bad though because it feels like ill always end up feeling this way after so many years.

The land the the freeeeeeeeee...

of the*

And slavery should be authorized?

Its the only way to get an increase in compensation in a development job, there is no career progression for a developer and fuck management.

Im assuming that job hopping is referring to the IT field.
People who are afraid of job hoppers are not employers, employers in the software industry want to be able to pick the best talent and not rely on a non-moving employee base.

The ones who are really afraid of job hoppers are brainlet code monkey programmers who can only use conventional OO languages like C++, Java, C# and want to freeze technology into the only thing they know how to do.

Just switch jobs ever 1-2 years. Even 6 months is acceptable if you are working on projects... I know some of my colleagues had shitty junior level pay and he stayed in one place for 4 years. Guess what? He never got that much pay rise. That's just stupid to stay in one place if you know you can do much better than that. Employers look to exploit you in every way they can. You are just a number to them. Don't ever imagine anything otherwise.

Only way to get a promotion nowadays.

Which is stupid.

Seems like job hopping is the way to go in the tech industry from what I'm reading.

But what in other sectors? I just started working in a big pharma company.

>constantly drop hints to company I want and deserve a promotion
>they do nothing
>interview and get offers for more senior level positions
>jump jobs
>???
I don't understand why I have to do this, I shouldn't have to do this

>tell them you're leaving cause you got an offer
>?????
>proffit

I rather spend some rime on the same project so I can get really good at it.
And also build up more permanent friendships with my fellow developers.

But you never get more money.
Companies rather hire a newbie at 30% higher pay who can't do shit for the first 2 months only to see him go again 6 months later than give their current developer a rise so they stick longer.

Yep, I job hop. I also pirate videos and use encryption. I also don't go to church and don't want to spend a large portion of my income on apple products, and net neutrality should be kept.

That's my reply to the ultra right-wing posts of this week.

the best way to go up that corporate ladder is to zig zag it

>useless NEET
gtfo pls

It's not a choice, it's the reality of the precariat

Started working in March.
4 months later switched job for 50% higher salary.
Another 4 months later and another job hop - now earning 250% of the first salary.

So you moved from $10 in allowance from mommy per week to $25? Congrats.

I get good boy points instead of dollars though

Actually war propoganda. A job is a contract, labour is a market. If you don't job hop, you're a fucking communist.

t. Jamal

No, I really don't like changing jobs, I like things to be stable so I can focus on the long term. My job is pretty fun, coworkers are great, pay is good, with bonuses and the 401k profit sharing it's even better (they just gave us a 19% bonus to our 401k this friday which is awesome), benefits & insurance is 100% paid by them, and I live next door so I have no commute whatsoever.

That and my family is only a few hours away so I can visit them pretty easily. I'll make regular engineer here in a few months and my pay will be even better, then make senior in 1-2 years. After that think about how I can move to staff engineer and do a little bit of everything potentially instead of focusing on my one team primarily.

you have to remember, 100 years ago the world was in full WW1 mode, with millions of working class (young) males being killed off, the homefronts of all countries (women/oldfags/gays) were the brunt of all manufacturing, things are different now, nukes stopped that mindset. this is mearly 100 year old propaganda that does not mean what it did, today.

What country?

kill yourself

Maybe the conditions are just good?
My current job the project is interesting enough, I have short, flexible hours, lots of time off, decent enough pay, and don't hate my coworkers. Really don't want to leave t b h