Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1AKIl_2GM
privacytools.io/
rufus.akeo.ie/
debian.org
calculate-linux.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Install Gentoo

Save yourself the fucking hassle and stick with Windows.

Install gentoo

Install ZorinOS Lite

install gentoo

Linux Mint or Ubuntu.

Gay: Ubuntu/Fedora/Mint
Normie: Debian
Hackor: Gentoo/Void/Arch
Freetard: Parabola
Not that hard desu

Install ReactOS
Linux is for nerds with nothing better to do

First step spend a week deciding on a distro.
Next step, install it.
Next, run into problems. It's "OK" you'll find fixes on google through your phone.
Next, customize it. Think to yourself "wow this is amazing, other OS sux!"
Next, realize all you do is browse the web now, specifically shitposting to Sup Forums about how great linux is.
Next, go through all this hassle to passthrough just to play some games.
Next, stop playing games again, rationalize to yourself that it's "childish".
Next, get back to wasting your life shitposting.
Next, something winds up being the last straw and you just get yourself a mac or return to windows.

La Vie.

You must be GNU here.

Use a VM , Virtualbox is painless and there are lots of tutorials.
Oh and don't fall for POOjet's shilling.

Install Gentoo

>fedora
>gay
how can you not like something like The Beefy Miracle

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

pasta

For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

Is Arch Linux good?

Can i get pro/cons of it

it looks pretty :D

install gentoo

by the way, how do those niggers on the support forums where i've spent 3/4 of my life since switching to ubuntu know what they have to type in to fix my problems? no way it's that intuitive to anyone to put a bunch of random symbols in the terminal to make your shitbox function correctly

Whats special about gentoo

The only pros are the wiki and the number of packages

it's a meme you dip

mac + homebrew

Step 1) Install a normie OS like Ubuntu or Linux Mint
Step 2) Learn about partitions in the process and fuck something up. Fix it.
Step 3) In most cases, there is at least one thing that doesn't work right, like brightness buttons on a laptop, or the volume doesn't work for some reason, so learn how to fix that and learn about modules in the meantime.
Step 4) Install all the software you normally use until you encounter something that doesn't run on Linux. Learn how to work around that.
Step 5) Time to venture out - new OS. Repeat steps 1-4.
Step 6) Don't be a scared shitless pleb, install something that will give you more initial issues but respects your freedom (Gentoo, Arch, CentOS 7 to see how RedHat looks)
Step 7) Fix all the shit that's broken, learn the differences between OSs in the process.
Step 8) Start ricing and customizing everything, learn the filesystem in the process.
Step 9) End up using a normie OS on whatever computer you need to be productive on because now you know how to fix little shit and don't want the instability of Gentoo or Arch, while running some super riced out OS on a second computer because it feels really good to have come this far.

This

Agreed desu , or Zorin os core since it's FREE and the only good transition distro, based on ubuntu with a gnome DE i use Windows and i love Zorin , only thing holding me back all the way is mah gaymes

This answer is perfect. It's awesome if you are ready to spend ~2-3 month to dive into Linux so after that you can have working, fast, stable system that is comfortable to use.

>arch
>instability
kool beans bro

This.

But since all of this are Linux, all are gays.

do it good

Don't fall for the communist os meme.

>barely modified linux kernel can stay up for 27 days
>this is somehow proof that arch is stable

a windows 10 machine with ads and updates has a longer uptime

fpbp

opensuse

All Zorin except "ultimate" are free.

1.Watch this video from our god first

youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1AKIl_2GM
2. It's called gnu/linux
3. Read this website
privacytools.io/
4. Get rufus
rufus.akeo.ie/
5.Get debian
debian.org
6. Burn debian iso onto usb
7. Use GNU/Linux for 3 months
8. Use GNU/Linux for the rest of your life and spread the message about free software to your friends and family.

>install virtualbox
>make vm with debian, linux mint, ubuntu etc.
>have a wank
>start and install vms
>the basic navigation of the terminal
>install neofetch and learn what every single one of the columns is

Now you are a beginner through and through
>install rufus and create your first bootable stick
>go into BIOS and boot from stick
>install your favorite distro
>fuck around a bit and get comfy while enjoying all the new customizability and speed
>grow disillusioned with games
You have now reached Sup Forums-level of knowledge

>lern advanced bash commands
>start turning what used to be your gaming machine into a webserver
>lern about port mapping and lern a shitty frameworks
>grow disillusioned with your almost babby-tier distro
>nuke your windows partition in fear of the government and your roommates
>start the ever popular eternal hellhole that is distrohopping
Congratz, you may now apply for Sysadmin at your nearest mom and pop shop.

OP listen to this man. This has occurred to me an uncountable amount of times.

Calculate Linux

calculate-linux.org/

i used elementary os for 2 years without any issues. i started switching distros when i was 14 or something it was fun. i remember first ubuntu i've installed was karmic coala and i immediately regretted it. but i must say after few years fucking w linux i learned some interesting stuff and tweaking was cool. now im not into it anymore.

Those are some very good pros to be fair

Xubuntu. Don't be a nerd installing arch.

Also a tip from ons beginner to another: keep a text file updated with all the programs you have installed manually and what configs you have edited etc. It's a handy way to keep things organized.

Gay: Debian
Normie: Ubuntu
Hackor: lol
Freetard: lol

As a power user.
It doesn't matter much if you use Linux/GNU, W10 or MacOS as long as you are good at it.

"No matter what you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln quote.

> Windows has a lot of power from third-party software as well as more options than ever with W10.
> Linux/GNU has power from communities, open-source and default-customizable desktop. Linux feels more real than to tweak something instead, because it is native and open.
> MacOS port things from Linux and have their own programs as well as many universal programs and a Unix terminal.

I would say it's easier to be a power-user in Linux/GNU if you have low experience. If you have some experience, MacOS might be of interest. Windows can be awesome, but it's somewhat limited and very challenging. I use windows 10 and my setup is very good, but it has taken me many many years to build it up.

By theory, Linux is the strongest OS, but it's sadly limited too (bugs, outdated software, weak driver support, limited software etc), just in another way than Windows and MacOS. If desktop Linux had higher popularity, better support from companies and more resources it would definitely help. However, with some experience and skill, you make desktop Linux/GNU quite awesome, arguably better than W10, hitting your personal needs instead of the average mainstream. It requires a lot of work and knowledge too. Correct hardware really helps such as a good Linux graphic card.

If I was a normie, starting from scratch I would definitely go Linux/GNU. But I'm not, and I have W10 setup that beats Linux in some places, other places not. but not enough that I switch. At least not for now.

don't fall for the meme

gay: every single gnu/linux distro out there
good:debian
advanced:gentoo

>pros
bleeding edge
pacman is fast and simple
nice wiki

>cons
systemd