>17 inch laptops

Why would ANYONE buy a laptop over 14 fucking inches when the goal is to be compact and portable? When will this BIGGER meme stop? When our phones and laptops are fucking tablets and desktops?

someone explain this madness to me please

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C906lbkcYug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not everyone is a midget like you

Cripple please. Since you're already carrying it in a bag why not make it more convenient to use.

I used to be like that but I don't ride the bus anymore and got a car so laptop size and weight doesn't really matter to me. Currently I daily a P50 thiccpad

People dont realize what they actually want is a desktop so they just buy a fuck huge laptop and leave it in the same spot when a desktop would be better in every way.

>the goal is to be compact and portable?
you can't pick up a 15-inch laptop? have you considered not being a manlet? A larger laptop:
>has a larger screen for easier viewing
>has a larger keyboard for more comfortable typing
>can be much higher performance than the thin-and-light stuff, because it's not nearly so ridiculously thermally throttled
>can actually have decent expansion options, like dGPUs, being able to have both an SSD and an HDD, more ports, etc

In other words its for functionality, not a fashion statement like macbooks and macbook clones are.

OP here, I have a t420s, which is reasonably sized at 14 inches.
I hate how the pendulum is swinging back and suddenly they'll be making 20 inch laptops and bigger soon.

I got this bad boy. Thin, light, small and comfy and fuck. Works great with Linux.

>I hate more options
Autism

>little weak beta can’t lift a 15+” laptop
>little weak beta can’t comprehend going around your friends house to play games or to a LAN party
>little weak beta doesn’t understand some people want a portable desktop they can take on business trips or on holiday
>little weak beta numale needs his prissy ultrabook so his wrists don’t break

>I hate more options
more like I hate how all the higher end laptops that aren't macbooks are getting huge

don't put words in my mouth tardboy

On the subject of laptop size, I currently use a 6-year old MBP 15-inch. I've always used this size. In the future I want to get a memepad though for Loonix, and i'm also curious about smaller sizes.
SmallLaptopfags, how would you R8 the experience?

Better. Easily fits into smaller bags and isn't a pain to carry around with all your textbooks and notes if you're still in college.
This is only if you have a desktop at home where you do the serious stuff though. My 14 inch memepad serves as a note taking, assignment writing, internet browsing machine.

youtube.com/watch?v=C906lbkcYug

>Why would ANYONE buy a laptop
this.
Off yourself if you do that.

>20 inches
>huge

manlet lmao

cool. good to know

Tablettoddler

>Tablettoddler
desktop.

Rocking a 18.4 incher at the moment. Problem, screenlet?

You can't exactly take a desktop on the go.

real work needs real machines.
craptop are crap.

>I'm not a beta male
>Goes to his friends house with his gayming laptop to gayms
L O L

>screenlets in my Sup Forums

get out

Cause I want my numpad.

Buying a laptop over 14" is literally retarded. If you want a big screen you can just connect it to a 22" or bigger monitor so you don't actually have to wriggle with a giant bag.

i have an old dell studio laptop and its huge and heavy but very good for watching movies and shitposting

thank you for having an iq over 100, unlike everyone else in this thread

Some of us actually have to work on the go.
And would actually would like to have a readable or at least playable CAD work space.

They still offer small high end laptops though dummy.

People who want to use their computer in bed and nowhere else. Honestly there needs to be some sort of a screen and keyboard combo without internals that you can just hook up to a desktop for bed browsing. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

So then you need to bring a second bag for your giant screen. Makes perfect sense.