Show me your dumb phone

You're not a smart phone zombie are you user?

>Having a device that tracks your location activity and calls 24/7

>Not having a pocket Linux PC in 2k17
Why wouldn't you want one?

>does not know how to turn mobile data off
0kb/3gb per month used every month, no wifi and no gps.

>charge my phone once a week
>all-weather material
>crystal clear calls
>easy thumb texting
Haven't been this happy with a phone in a long time. Finally gave up on Android and iOS after realizing I would rather do any smartphone task on my laptop anyhow.

That is a pretty sexy looking phone.

you have to keep it in airplane mode or turnef off if you dont want to be tracked. your location is logged as long as the phone is connected to the network.

the last dumbphone I had was the Motorola razr before I bought the original Android phone. I kind of miss dumbphones. What are some good ones?

NOKIA
the 150 is class

One step dumber: the 105
battery life: eternal
destructability: no
I upgraded from this to the 150 because i like the little camera and it cost me 20 Canuckbucks.
They have lots of good models though, the 222 in this genre and the 521 if you want a rock-solid dumb-as-you-can-get smartphone

pic of 105

cute

>Asperga

This one is coming in a few days, ordered it online

I like this design, but the battery life is apparently shit

I have this one too. It is hands-down the best basic phone on Verizon atm.

I've thought about it but nobody I know texts any more, and not having a pocket google would be tough.
Also I manage pretty much all of my email via my phone, so

>turning off data means you're not being tracked

I'd love to have one, the only issue is that Android and the phones it runs on suck.

How much battery life does this have?

Sounds like a week's worth.

ye, for a dumbphone it's not good, but it's very small so it makes sense the battery life suffers

Thanks. I've been getting tired of smartphones for a while now and this seems pretty good.

Name please

iFcane E1 or smth like that - it has another name but I can't remember it, you will fidn it by that name. Got it for 11$ with shipping included on gearbest

Tracfone/LG 441G prepaid flip phone. I like it, it works for me.

I use the calculator, the notepad, the camera, some Java games dowloaded from umnet.com, and the Opera Mini browser when waiting in a slow line. I consider it indispensable.

Stuck on Verizon.
Holding on to this thing as long as I can seeing as how any other new options are glass rectangles with Data plans.

I dropped it one time from above waist height on a hard floor, no visible damage.

I spend $7/month on it. There's no way I can afford $50 or whatever per month for a smartphone plan, nor am I inclined to.

Where do I get this?

They have white!?
its a handy phone

Dont press the phone to hard. the lcd gets messed up.

They used to have it at Walmart/Target/etc. It was replaced by a slightly updated model, LG 442BG, but that hasn't been in stores lately either. Maybe Amazon or eBay? I think the retail cost was $15.

>2mpx cam in 2005

do you keep your phone in a faraday cage when not in use?

stupid, you are paying for that 3gb, change plans

noice

took away the picture and all phonephags would be salivating at those specs. Dumb phones will make a comeback and all hollywood movies featuring them will look cool again

No real provider in Australia offers plans without data. We only have 3 providers, Telstra, Optus and Vodaphone the rest just lease infrastructure from the before mentioned providers and offer nigger service.

That's jewish af. I'm from yurop, but voda here offers dataless plans + they have prepaid offers. They charge like 8 cents for a minute/sms mind.

When I wanted to cancel my contract with them because the competitor was offering better dataless plans they started singing a different tune. Every voda contract is overcharged by at least 10-20% by default and they have just the right offer for you if they see you are not backing off

Have both a flip-phone (very similar to pic related) and a smartphone that I found in a couch in a furniture shop that I use as a music player.

I have a red flip phone that looks identical to the one Jessie Pinkman uses on breaking bad. A red samsung flip phone.

So you stole a phone.

What if I told you that I own the furniture shop, someone left the phone on my property.

Had it since HS. Battery life is shit now.

Give it back, thief.

Give it back, Tyrone.

Got this old Nokia, love sniping old dumbphones off Ebay.

They're the best option, the only problem is the US's fugged up freq set. There's only so many phones that can work reliably.

How else am I going to shitpost at work? Use my work computer? Ha

I always disconnect WiFi on my phone to shit post at work. I tried going to g one time and it was titties in the first page.

I get 2 days with frequent texting and calls

Yes I have a smartphone, I have a social life and I don't want to be completely fucking embarrassed

So you stole a phone.

I still have that one somewhere, I was given pic related later on though which I still have in my drawer at home.

Left one of these (Or at least an old LG flipphone like it) in the snow all winter in Michigan and my uncle found it in the puddle in spring. Let it sit for a few months until my current phone died and I switched back to this baby and it worked perfectly. Hell I chimped out and threw it and snapped it in half, but I'd memorized all the menus and dialog boxes at that point that I just needed a headset to make/receive calls. Used that thing until I got a new phone. One of the best pieces of technology I've ever owned.

>the US's fugged up freq set.
And it's only getting worse now that providers are starting to kill 2G, using AT&t is suffering.

I'm still using my 3210

like anyone gives a fuck
just tell people you don't use social media and like long battery life you cuck

Retard, turned off/airplane mode doesn't stop it either.

i have my x220 thinkpad with me if i really need to see something. i used it in a bus full of normies once and browsed Sup Forums.

I recently bit the bullet and picked this up.
So far i've been pretty impressed.

>Java games
It sucks that none of the new dumbphones have support for J2ME. I love the aesthetics 00s pixelart has.

> stupid, you are paying for that 3gb, change plans

Unfortunately they will hit you with other "usage" fees if you just have a dumb phone, and it works out to be the same per month. In the US at least.

It is fucking horse shit garbage.

it looks almost like the samsung dumbphones

not that im a man that takes every bait like this anytime, but is there any way to actually receive phonecalls without being tracked 24/7 ? I mean, whats the alternative here, except of not being able to call/receive phone calls?

Had this one. The best dumb phone i ever had. Small sturdy battery held for 9 days. Lost it drunk in the snow one time, then i found it frozen solid in ice while cars where going on top of it. Not a scratch and worked flawless.

>being embarrassed by the fact that your cellphone isn't a large impractical glass slate

nice phone. a new battery costs ~8 bucks so you have no excuse for not getting one and revive your 5310

>nobody using a blackberry 8520 or similar

This is a dumbphone thread

That's a smartphone user, sorry. A smartphone I'd be using if my carrier had BIS, but they don't. Using a q10 instead.

On thread relation though; I was using a SH-03E for like 2 years until fucking AT&T axed their 2G network, I'm still fucking pissed. Phone was amazing, but no 3G support in the US. Sadly, T-mobile has no coverage out where I live, so that isn't an option (yet, hopefully?), either. Because of AT&T, my phone is basically just my alarm clock now. It hurts, bros.

>not posting it
shiggy diggy

>smart phone zombie
forgive me for using the world's most ubiquitous, powerful, and versatile tool a few times a day

user, I think your keys might be losing a bit of paint.

>few times a day
Trying using moment or another use timer for a few days. The typical user is on their phone for hours (most timers don't count voice calls and listening to music, since the screen is off).

Oh man, I used to have that phone in high school. Good times.

I'll buy it from you. Throw it on eBay and post a link

any phones that look like this but with a full physical keyboard ala blackberry?

BlackBerry made some QWERTY flip phones

If you're actually interested in it, I have the dock+charger and a data cable as well. I think I have a headphone adapter for the foma port around somewhere, too.
Also, data services don't work at all in the US, so you are more or less restricted to call/plain sms.

I want the rectangle form factor, not a curved design
I actually own a blackberry priv at the moment lel

I believe LG made a QWERTY flip phone for sprint way back when. LG Lotus or something if I recall?

looks like a multitool

Y'all complain about being tracked but every once in a while my android phone gets a notification from google asking for my phone number

I'm interested as long as it's unlocked
Throw it on eBay if so and post a link.
I'll prob buy it if it's the right price

I use wire therefore I have a $40 smartphone

not really. that lcd they use is the same in a bunch of antique mp3 players including the sandisk clip+ and it draws fucking no power. they just have a tiny ass shit battery in that flat piece of shit phone

What is the brand/model and how do I order one online ?

That giant sonim looks to be the brandname.

mother of god that OLED is from a Sansa Clip

Chamoix Antiques?

to do what good in the world
cool kiddie pic btw

Wait what game is that? Something made for the phone or an emulator

>meme
it's yours as long as you tried to figure out who it belonged to.
If for some reason you didn't find any contacts that would answer then it's yours.

Are there dumb phones with good cameras?

bullshit. No network can support that thing

fuck outta here