Be lagdroid user

>Be lagdroid user
>hurr I need a cool keyboard
>get pwned

>A large portion of the records also included the user's phone number and the name of their cell phone provider, and in some cases their IP address and name of their internet provider if connected to Wi-Fi. Many records contain specific details of a user's public Google profile, including email addresses, dates of birth, genders, and profile photos.
>We also found several tables of contact data uploaded from a user's phone. One table listed 10.7 million email addresses, while another contained 374.6 million phone numbers. It's not clear for what reason the app uploaded email addresses and phone numbers of contacts on users' phones. Several tables contained lists of each app installed on a user's device, such as banking apps and dating apps.

zdnet.com/article/popular-virtual-keyboard-leaks-31-million-user-data/

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/apple.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>installs malware
>blames os

This level of data collection isn’t allowed on iOS :)

Not that'd you know even if your data was being collected ;^)

>plug into my Mac
>open developer console

That was so easy ;)

This

Good goy, sage

would it kill you to actually say what fucking keyboard it was?

>He thinks apple hasn't hidden it from such simple checks

would it kill you to open an article?

you are the reason why clickbait is a thing

No one is dumb enough to fall for this shilling, apple should get their money back

It would be extremely painful.
It's Ai.type.

>le shill boogeyman

>anonhq
literally nazi fake news

>he thinks network traffic is impossible to analyze

Fuck 'outta here, brainlet.

>virtual keyboard
l m a o

>anonhq
Fucking kek

>blackberry
>any year after 2010

They're just another Android vendor now, and not long for this world.

Switching to Android was the best thing BlackBerry has done. In a sea of generic glass slabs that offer an inferior typing experience a least they have the balls to go their own way.

Shame the phones are not all that impressive. Bad build quality, bad software, bad battery life.

How the fuck do you shills even recognize that website? Did you research it after the last time it was posted to fight against your shilling?

google search you fucking brainlet

That was hard Googleet

the shill posted 2 minutes after my post, anybody google searching shit all criticisms of apple that fast is definitely on apple's payroll

>bad build quality
I'll give you that one, the earliest production runs had screens that came off on their own.
>bad software
Once again, early builds had bugs but the latest updates have gotten rid of them.
>bad battery life
See pic related. 9+ hours of screen-on time on a single charge.

>anonhq

>dude apple does the same, thing I know I analyzed my packet dump of the iOS device I don't have
lol

>>hurr I need a cool keyboard
Could happen to an Apple user too.

>user hq

Prajeet getting desperate

>plug into PC
>open android studio
Easy.

apple gives no access to contacts, photos, etc, or anything and it's all standardized, apps can't dump info into unprotected folders that can be accessed by other apps. Google is more concerned with targeting ads at you than stopping this.

I'm not being paid by google so I don't care if you post anti-google images. I have a real job and don't have to shill on Sup Forums for a living
They do give access to those things, to the NSA and themselves .

>source: AnonHQ

>AI.type
fucking hell, just press the keys you lazy sobs.

Source: Edward Snowden

>apps can't dump info into unprotected folders that can be accessed by other apps.
Storage permission required.
>apple gives no access to contacts, photos, etc, or anything and it's all standardized
Permissions required. Like Android, Internet access is granted by default.

Do preinstalled iOS apps ask you for permissions? Because I certainly had system apps asking for permissions when I got my Xperia.

>google joined 3 years prior yet Apple is the bad guy

Hahahahaha

>Uses a mac with an intel cpu
>my data is totes safe guise!
Uh huh...

they're both bad guys, people who aren't retards don't run connect their phone to either the google or apple botnet.

>that villain isn't so bad because he became a villain after the other one

>motto is do no evil
>does nothing but evil
Huh

It is, look at GBoard

yes it would

>be lagdroid user
>need arrows, tab and ctrl
>install hackers keyboard, free software
>nothing bad happend

I’m pretty sure the IME can’t decrypt an APFS encrypted partition.

It doesn't have to.
Once the computer is running it has full access to the decrypted partition.

>decrypted partition
Do you even know how encryption/FileVault works?
It’s only decrypted from the OS level. Which surprisingly enough, isn’t run by IME. Sure, IME can access RAM and the hard drive itself, but in this case, it can’t access the files and their data unencrypted.

>a popular keyboard.
If it is popular, why not name it?
If it was bradd pit who was beating his wife, the headline wouldn't be "popular actor was victim of surveillance"
We need to jail these people, not suck their dick for being awful.

The problem is that a keyboard had a fucking database of user information at all! Information that android lets anyone vacuum up and the user's only recourse is to not install any apps at all. And then why have a phone?

If the system has access to the encrypted contents of the drive then IME does also.
If it is mounted and the password entered, IME has access to it.
If the OS boots from it, IME has access.

The only time IME doesn't have access is when the system doesn't have access.

That's what you get for not using libre software.

>IME is a coprocessor independent from the main CPU. It has access to all the hardware components
>Somehow it has access to the running operating system that runs on the CPU as well as an unencrypted version of all the data on the storage drives from a relatively new filesystem which is both hardware and software based encrypted
>this would mean that IME has access to up to date information to the APFS filesystem structure, as well as macOS’ up to date methods of accessing this drive, by knowing the EXACT memory addresses in the RAM to be able to decrypt the drive, and this somehow can be done quick enough for a chip that has obviously less speed and efficiency than the main CPU

Apple pays nobody for shilling on Sup Forums you dumb fuck, why would they do that?
That would be just wasting money. The „shills“ are just shitposters that have obviously been here longer than you because they know how to piss you off and they know every fucking Sup Forums related shit site like AnonHQ you newfags never heard about.

Sure it isn't.
stallman.org/apple.html

>apple only has handed over cloud data and data from its online services
>apple can’t access the encrypted data on the devices themselves

Is it any good? I'm using the Q-10 but I wil lbe replacing the phone and I was considering this one since physical keyboards definitely make my pepee hard and take the garbage out of typing on a smartphone.

>>this would mean that IME has access to up to date information to the APFS filesystem structure, as well as macOS’ up to date methods of accessing this drive, by knowing the EXACT memory addresses in the RAM to be able to decrypt the drive
Not really a problem when it is operating at the level it is at, which is below everything.

Read the post again, slowly. It even states that it runs below everything. If it does that, it needs to recognize the OS, and know the behaviors of it in order to find out what the deceyption key would be. As well as decrypting it with the IME itself would take a long while.

>bbbbbut apple doesnt spy on me!!
>apple themselves said so, it has to be true!!
Retards

>ai.type free emoji keyboard
If you're dumb enough to choose this keyboard out of the dozen better ones available you deserve to get punished.

>using some retarded normie keyboard
>not using fdroid hackers keyboard
nothing of value was lost.

It isn't allowed in android either unless the user explicitly agrees to it when installing the app.

>try to install a shitty app that has nothing to do with networking, messaging, storage or audio
>installer clearly tells you the app wants access to your network, text messages, stored files and microphone and asks if that's okay
Can't help it if people are retarded.

And THAT kids is why you read the permissions before giving access to apps.

good one lad

>using the smiley with the carat nose

>using anything from the play store
>not using afwall+
Deserved it.

Andloo defence force in full swing

Why would a keyboard app stores any of the user's information at all? They're just keyboard.

Because android app makers don’t make any money on apps. Your data is more valuable. This is Google’s exact revenue generation method.

>2017
>Arguing about which manufacturer collects data

Truly the worst of times.

iOS app are mostly paid tho, even if they after free with ads on Android

Battery life is A1

You're saying that as if gratis with ads is a better thing.

You can pay to hide ads if you want, so yes, it's better.

>too poor to support developers and buy apps

Get out

>hide the ads
>the tracking is still in the apk

Lmao so this is the power of andloo cucks

I'm just justifying why they make more money on iOS, dumbass. Anyway, I just pay for whatever I consider work paying, I don't give a fuck if you want $2 for your shitty torch app.

Most apps have a pro version that's basically another apk tho.

>he trusts developers when their master google literally pays them to continue to provide ads and analytics

>he trusts google

I don't give a fuck desu, but F-droid/open gapps is always there if you are autistic enough.

Ah yes, APFS, that totally safe encryption standard that has existed for like a month and already had a bug where the password was stored in plaintext
>n-no, it was a Disk Utility bug
Sure it was, and we can totally confirm this because it's Open Source, right? Oh wait.

>It even states that it runs below everything
Exactly, you dumb fuck, if IME runs on a lower layer, it has access to the one above. Do you also get amazed at how your CPU's APU interacts with a process? No matter what decryption you use, at some point you put plaintext data in CPU registers, guess who has full access to those.

yup. there's a reason why we post the content in the OP, and avoid linking.

>thinking open source apps don’t have telemetry

Let me guess you read the source code for all yours apps right?

Lmao

weak

No argument I see.

I’ll take the win :^)

What kind of private information was there about the users on a fucking keyboard?

Try reading the OP, your question will be answered.

Use android, get data mined, get pwned.
Then again smart rich people only use iPhone lmao.

Rhetorical question.

Anything permissions allowed them gather.

Why do we pretend to be surprised about leaks? Googles selling our data anyways

smartphones were a mistake

>most android users and [bad things] while most iPhone users are [good things]
How does this matter? What do I care?

Am I somehow worse off for having an Android only because 50 million Pajeets do it as well?

Am I somehow more intelligent only because of my phone brand?

Hey I use Linux and Linux users have higher IQ's than macfags.

>>blames os
Android is malware

>damage control

>he doesn't use Simple keyboard

Almost every Android app requires access to pretty much everything.
And most are hacked together in a couple of weeks with no regards for security whatsoever.

I consider anything I do on my Android phone public.

>gives the user access and administrative rights to the computer by typing the username “root”, leaving the password field blank and hitting enter a few times.

>Apple users are RICH user! I don't know how you can't understand their supremacy, on this technology board.

Tbh even if i win a lot of money. I would still buy Xiaomi over Apple.