>Use it
>Mobo is bricked
>They all tell me I am on my own now
>Contact MSI support directly and tell them the situation
>They get me to reset CMOS then gave me a BIOS file to try install
>Mobo is still bricked
>Support tells me to short circuit two connections
>Really unsure of it
>He reassures me it's 100% safe and after sending him pics he assures me it's the right connections to bridge
>Do as he says
>Instant burnt electronic smell
>Wtf
>Support: Sorry those were the wrong connectors
>Ask about them replacing it since it got bricked and fried under their guidance
>Support: Sorry your warranty has expired

Dumb frog poster.

>use UEFI because it's 2017
>update gets stuck at 18%
>contact ASUS
>they send me another eeprom chip with latest firmware :^)

>got Biostar mobo
>it's fucked by lightning
>bring to distributor
>they replace it, no question asked

feels good man

Had happen something like that with T-Mobile.
Ups I guess your warranty expired bullshit after they fucked my phone.

If they instructed you to destroy your components you might be able to seek legal action, at the very list post about it on reddit

MSI and Gigabyte are the shittiest mobo companies

prove me wrong

>Asrock
>put computer in hibernate
>the slightest mouse movement wakes computer back up
>no way to turn this shit off

Did the pins look like this? It's normal to short them when things go south.

thats sorta what hibernate does dude lol sometimes ill be chaddin it up and my girl of the hour will hit my mouse.

>HP
>windows
>put computer to sleep mode
>slightest key/mouse press wakes it up
>no way to turn it off

Get a USB mouse? Disable extra USB functionality from the BIOS?

>world tells me PS2 is out dated
>buy USB
>can't even use it now because you have to disable it

>MSI gayming brandnew
>Lots Dead pixel appear after a week
>retailer also found screen to be defected
>Send back to test.
>Sorry according to (((msi test program))) we found nothing at all screen is perfect
>Have to pay 20% laptop price if want brand new one

>If they instructed you to destroy your components you might be able to seek legal action, at the very list post about it on reddit
This.
You better have recorded all of the communications with their support. If they specifically tell you to do something, you do it exactly as they state and it makes the situation worse, you are not the one liable for it.

But most likely you are just a frog poster making up a story.

PS/2 has the capability to wake up the computer from sleep, not USB (by default).

>extra USB functionality
I am pretty sure wake on USB is an option in BIOS and Windows itself has options in the Power Options area for waking the computer with external devices.

Most likely you just haven't looked.

Literally none of my computers have ever had that, then again they're all relatively old.

>Contact Intel support for problem with NVMe
>Fixed in new firmware update
>Firmware update tool is win 7/8 only
>"Oh by the way, if you run it in Win 10, you can brick your device"

OSlets BTFO

Yeah I had something similar happen on an older Asus board and just ordered a new EEPROM from ebay.

Device manager
Double click mouse device
Power Management
Untick "Allow this device to wake the computer"

>Sorry your warranty has expired
So theres your problem

>helping people who cant even use fucking google

>have 1st Gen i7 build for years
>Nothing ever breaks
>Upgrade it with same gen flagship components for the super low low $
>Feels good

this is why repair shop still exist you giant idiot

m8 I thought I could do the same with my sandy bridge setup. I have an i5 2400 and wanted to see if I could get my hands on a 3770 or something but theyre over 200 britbongbucks used which is new CPU money. Intel really fucked the used cpu market for years.

how nice of them

kek

I'm convinced sandy bridge is the greatest intel has ever been. I have three sandy bridge boxes now (two i7s and 1 xeon). One i7 and the xeon have been on 24/7/365 since I bought them new. They are all still plenty fast to run all the VMs I'd ever need, serve me files, transcode multiple plex streams (dual xeons ftw), and play some damn good vidya. Not buying new computers feelsjohngoodman.jpg

this. i did the same for a biostar mobo that was password locked.
:)

I upgraded my gen8 microserver with an ivy bridge xeon 1240 and never looked back. My main pc is an i5 sandy bridge but will probably upgrade soon eventhough I think the gains will be marginal.

there's a separate "Wake on USB" setting in the Asrock UEFI/BIOS under ACPI, it is disabled, will still wake the computer from sleep

I will try that, thanks

>burning smell
what the fuck did you short? How much voltage touched you user?

yeah MSI sucks everyone knows that, buy Asrock

My Biostar MB got struck by lightning and it's still running, the only thing that happened was the onboard NIC died and it fried a couple USB ports. Because I'm a poorfag, I decided to keep using it until it utterly failed. That was in 2012 or 2013 and I'm still using it.

>break motherboard entirely out of personal incompetence almost three years after purchase
>RMA it with no problems
>buy a new motherboard in the mean time and never even turn on the refurbished one they sent me

Most newer boards don't have socketed chips that you can easily replace. Even the high end ones. My old Maximus IV had both dual BIOS and socketed chips, yet the Maximus X I have now only has one and it's soldered. Kikes gonna kike.

You did something wrong then OP. I bought a gigabyte mobo and it stopped working after a few days, so I also tried resetting CMOS and shorting it.
Ended up working perfectly after that.

just bought a AM4 AB350 ITX from Asrock and has socketed chips, stop buying from crap brands like Asus or MSI

>AM4
>ITX
>ASCock
>stop buying crap

lol

Why do people even bother upgrading mobos?

>Never update BIOS
>Everything just werks
Sucks to be retarded op

>got a Z77 MPower on discount
>~3 mth before warranty ends, realtek LAN dies due to no reason
>~1 week before warranty ends, Asmedia USB 3.0 will not work if something is plugged in upon/before cold boot
>~end of warranty, VRM failed, killing the i7 in it which is NOT EVEN OVERCLOCKED
>This would not have happened if I picked the other leftover stock in the shop which is a Sabertooth Z77
>falling for the MSI meme

>use Coreboot
>works well and it's open source
>have lots of payloads to choose from
>can update using flashrom from the OS
Feels good not being a Sup Forumstard.