Edge underrated

Are you willing to give Microsoft Edge a chance?

Internet Explorer was terrible.
Edge is different.
It was trashy when they released it, but they keep improving it with updates and make it a part of the OS and Microsoft products.

Pros:
Integrated with W10 OS and One-Note.
Best video and picture rendering/quality.
Best scroll.
Share function.
A side panel you can pin (history, favorites, bookmarks etc).
It started to get some decent extensions.
It supports a lot of web standards.
Fast and minimalistic.
Microsoft backs it up.

Other urls found in this thread:

elsajohansson.wordpress.com/2016/12/28/your-employer-is-not-your-friend/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The design, like the rest of Windows 10, is just fucking hideous. 8/8.1 was too.

The last time I tried running it, it used 100% CPU on the "start page" or whatever it was. It's probably not anywhere near Fx 57+ in terms of functionality, too, so I'll pass.

I am using it currently.
Would like them to fix space bar scrolling for the PDF reader.
Otherwise it's the best browser for Windows, while chrome is the best browser for Chromebook

Learn to shit in a fucking toilet, habeeb.

I used it ever since Windows 10 came out.

Now that Firefox Quantum exists I have very little use for it anymore.

>they keep improving it
>they

We know you work for Microsoft. Consider killing yourself. As a child, you never imagined yourself as "piece of shit internet shill" because you're a hated piece of shit. Your life is awful.

>but they keep improving it
>improving
>>>>>>>>>

Too much white space wasted and the icons are hideous.

No, because that means I need to use Windows 10. Fuck Microsoft

Maybe but I don't use Windows 10...

Microstutters errywhere the browser tm

>My OS
> desktop &
> web browser
> all merged into a clusterfuck of retarded interfaces and botnets

> "getting better"

Whew, laddie.

>share function
>good
What?

I use the mobile version because it's like a really slimmed down chrome, but I don't run windows on any of my machines to use the full version

What is up with this Microsoft web browser shilling on Sup Forums as of late? Do we have a lot of Microsoft interns or co-ops browsing Sup Forums?

I gave edge a chance with my new surface pro. it’s fine, however it lacks syncing with icloud as well as youtube sucks with it on tablet. won’t show me the video progress bar when i tap on the video, only for a split second. i have to use the mouse or pen for that. for some reason chrome detects it’s a finger press and just shows the bar unless you tap it again. I’d use edge if it were not for these things. Also, edge is very slow at adopting new tech.

Read up on the thread and I have to admit, the start page is horrid. Ugly MSN bs that can only be replaced with a big “turn this back on” link. I wish i could just have my site favorites over the whole page instead of just a vertical bar. However it used to be worse where it was a single bar in the middle of the screen, and while that was visible, there wouldn’t be a url bar in the window top bar.

Lmao

where are these google shills coming from?

>Are you willing to give Microsoft Edge a chance?
Yes, I mainly only used Microsoft Edge for use with Office 365, but found no improvement or benefit over Chrome, in fact Office 365 seemed to work better and faster on Chrome so either MS should intentionally gimp Office 365 on Chrome or make it somehow work faster and better on Microsoft Edge so people have an incentive to use it

Well that's the problem isn't it? This board is full of interns and co-ops. We've had the Google interns come out in full-force against AdNauseam and now we have Microsoft interns shilling for their Edge browser. I hope you interns/co-ops reading this understand that your company isn't paying you anything to shill for their platform, leave that job to the marketing department and always be on the lookout for your next opportunity. You owe no loyalty or love to your company aside from your 40 hours a week (minimum).

>Integrated with W10 OS and One-Note.
This is objectively not a pro at all. Didn't M$ get sued for this once already?

>Best video and picture rendering/quality.
There's practically no difference. Everything uses the same algorithms more or less.

>Best scroll.
Who gives a shit.

>Share function.
There's nothing I want to share with the horde of degenerate monkeys polluting this planet.

>A side panel you can pin (history, favorites, bookmarks etc).
Whoop-tee-doo. I can organize my own shit, thank you very much.

>It started to get some decent extensions.
Wow! Amazing, maybe in 2030 Edge will look like 2020 Firefox and Chrome!

>It supports a lot of web standards.
So do all browsers, that's what standards are you fucking moron.

>Fast and minimalistic.
Ugly and less customizeable.

>Microsoft backs it up.
So? Microsoft turns everything they touch into shit.

if you care about computing at all, you don't willingly use MS products. (period)

if you don't have principles and/or don't care about playing into the hands of the botnets and shitting up the world for everyone, you might as well use chrome, that's borderline functional at least.
>install pdf reader on some schmuck's pc
>W10 overrides my default settings because it is such a great idea to use a browser to open a pdf
>Edge takes forever to startup and display a document as expected

How can self respecting people work for MS is beyond me.

Again, only reason I ever used Microsoft Edge is because I thought it would work better with Office 365 but it turned out to be slower and buggier than Chrome...

edge is the worst browser I have ever used

elsajohansson.wordpress.com/2016/12/28/your-employer-is-not-your-friend/

I have enough RAM to run Chrome on my second screen while I game/code on my main display so I don't bother with Edge

>MS should intentionally gimp Office 365 on Chrome
>or make it somehow work faster and better on Microsoft Edge
Wouldn't those 2 options somehow end up being the exact same thing to an outsider anyway?

not at all
>using edge, open o365, damn it is trash but fast as fuck, drop hard
>using chrome, open o365, damn it is trash, dropped even harder

No reason to use that when there are multiple open source alternatives that work great

>edge

tbqh, it's better than Chrome on Netflix (at least on Intel graphics)

> jojo

>no webm
>4chanx doesn't work

>suddenly splits tab off into new window for no reason
tee hee I sure love edge
>can't reorder tabs
>still shitty webm support

top shill

made me puke

utterly irrelevant graphs