What's the best alternative to Sublime, Sup Forums?

What's the best alternative to Sublime, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/slap-editor/slap
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nano

vim

vim

Atom

Vim

Let me try to answer you question without any fanatism

Atom: Get ready to spend a few hundred megs of ram when this is loaded this plugins and large files, if you got a modern computer with 4gb+ ram, this isn't an issue, it has a lot of themes and plugins. It has plugins that can do a lot more than sublime's, pretty much turning it into an ide if you wish to

Limetext: Compatible with sublimetext's plugins/themes, gotta compile i believe

Vim: if you're up to it

Gedit: Has themes, light like sublime, not a lot of plugins

Kate: Same as gedit but for kde

vim
I've been trying out spacemacs recently, and I like it a lot so far. Not quite used to it yet, but I think it will be my new development environment, so maybe check it out

Nothing. Use Vi mode and ViEx for terminal commands and you got yourself the perfect editor for small things.
Stick to and IDE for big projects though. Vim for tiny edits like configs or individual files.

Ignoring vim, because it's a whole different ballgame, your options basically are:

>Atom
>VSCode

Atom is dogshit slow and despite supposedly being the more "hackable" editor really doesn't offer all that much more in terms of plugins and usability.

VSCode is, like Atom, built on Electron but actually manages to not be total ass to use.

ctrl+x

Cracked sublime, obviously.

Apparently only the GUI of VSCode uses Electron iirc, whereas the entirety of Atom uses Electron.

Surprisingly, Atom's editor is written in C++.

notepad++

acme

Atom, without a doubt.

> But muh load times
Buy an SSD poorfag.

Vim or Emacs, unironically

If you don't want to use those, Sublime is basically the next best thing unless you like essentially running your editor in a web browser instance.

Or use whatever IDE you like for big projects, but that's a whole different matter

Atom is still pretty slow on my 850 pro
Perhaps if you're running an nvme it might be better

>jabbascript cancer

Hey Drew Johnson

Between this retard and fuckers posting their IPs on speedtest threads, a new era of tard has descended unto Sup Forums

VSCode with Vim plugin.

Jetbrains IDEs depending on the language you use

Slap was born to be the best clone github.com/slap-editor/slap

Yes, Drew Jonson is such an uncommon name you'll surely find him with a google search.

>github.com/slap-editor/slap

>node

VSCode, Neovim. Definitely NOT Atom, it's slow as hell.

Sublime Text 3