Sup Sup Forums, do you use hackintosh?

Sup Sup Forums, do you use hackintosh?

recently, daily

Sierra or High Sierra?

Yes

I want to run Hackintosh, but I have a AMD processor, an old one. I was able to run OSX on a Pentium 4, years ago.

U FAGGOTS WILL HAVE TO BUY MACS WHEN APPLEL LOCKS YOU OUT OF THEIR SOFTWARE.

SHOULD HAVE SUPPORTED THE SUPERIOR FOSS MOVEMENT FAGGOT

>this mad over an operating system

Yup. Perfect system, fully compatible on a hardware level, no modifications at all, bootloader fixes any software driver incompatibility.
Best of all, it's a i5 system and costed me less than 50€ with a dedicated GPU, try to find a Mac for that price and specs.

I am sad my Xonar DGX doesn't work on it.

>using the shittiest card possible
It's a sub mediocre PCI card cheaply hacked into a PCIe one with a built in PCI bridge

I don't violate the law, so no, I don't use hackintosh.

I use it in VM. only for app development. mac is such a piece of shit I do my best to only interface with it through emacs and tramp mode.

You're not violating a law. You're violating a EULA.

Disregarding dumbasses post.

And here's your mandatory copyright 101.
The copyright holder has the sole discretion to decide how many copies of a program are made.
Apple provides a download on the App Store. To use it, you already need macOS, which is only supplied by Apple preinstalled on hardware or as download from the App Store. macOS downloads are protected against access from non-macOS.
Using a Mac to make a copy of macOS for your non-Mac violates copyright.
There are criminal provisions in virtually every copyright code.

Yeah... despite everything, it's STILL better than loonix.

And yet all I can think about is how much of a faggot you are

Also I'm about to go to bed but your explanation of why it's wrong is in fact wrong and misguided. Try doing research then make a shitpost.

no i have a mac

2/10

As a VM.

it just works.

>Using a Mac to make a copy of macOS for your non-Mac violates copyright.
no?

also you can dl a recovery image from apple's servers and install macos from that

Yeah. But if you download it on a non-macOS OS, you have no way of using that recovery image.
The point is, there's no way to get at macOS without having a Mac first.

You act as if full installer images ready to write to USB are hard to come by if you know where to look.

You really have no idea what you're talking about and it shows lmao

No, but I am strongly considering it on my Thinkpad, if only to give myself a proper chance to use OS X. The whole WLAN thing puts me off, though.

copy that image to usb
copy clover's files
boot from it
it works

Used it for a good while on my ThinkPad T420 running Sierra and everything worked fine, even the ExpressCard slot.

It was a pleasant experience overall so I'm going to do the same with my T440p as soon as my SPI programmer arrives to remove the T440p WLAN card whitelist.

Not recently, but I have in the past on a q8200 and i72600k. I needed to use Logic Pro 9 for college and first year of university, but Pro Tools (DAW of choice) runs great on Windows 7 and 10, no need for it now.

I have a 3rd gen i5, it would be interesting to have another go at this, I always had some sort of graphics driver issue (nothing serious, just niggles), and it would be fun to try again.

Is Tonymacx86 still a worthwhile resource?

My Thinkpad T420 is a hackintosh. I've been considering making my desktop into one as well but the last time I checked they hadn't sorted drivers out for Pascal cards.

Is there any reason to want Mac OS besides developing ios apps?

You're full of shit and it shows. I can go to a torrent site or two *right now*, download a prewritten installer image for High Sierra, dd it to a thumbdrive and be installing in under an hour.

And is an illegal copy

they serve it
you don't distribute it
how is it illegal

Don't be a copyright cuck. Nobody cares.

aqua is better than any freetard's attempt at a DE
finder is unironically good if you get hang of it
has useful proprietary programs
can do anything unix could

No it's not illegal because apple gave you it and there was no illegal copying, you fucking retard. It's a violation of the EULA, which they don't care about unless you're a company.

another mksh user

>fagintosh

rustled some jimmies
3/10

newbie, sitez pls

Nope. Their copyright laws don't apply here. I'd only be breaking the EULA that they can't do anything about where I live.
Not that I'd care.

Where do technology illiterate mactoddlers get the false impression that they or their fruity toddler toys are welcome much less belong on a technology board?

Funny, now AMD cards don't have the sleep issue anymore, there's a patch for that. So now it's flawless on my machine I guess.