Students Using Free Software

Interested in people that use free software in the STEM field. Share your experiences that software that you love to use for notetaking, word and image processing, etc.

>gross weird nigger dancing
*throws up*

and she looked attractive too

She is hot, would fug. But that's it

That beard is fucking disgusting

I needed some math note taking app, knew about LaTeX but it isnt fast. Then found about LyX, faster and easier than MS Word, much easier. These days I use TeXmacs, is not Emacs, is another program to write on LaTeX at the speed of thought, you wouldnt even know you are writing on LaTeX, the output is all done in math characters. It has Maxima integration, another godsend program. Picture is what I found on the internet.

looks like whoever is taking the video is in a hospital bed

AYO HOL UP
WE WUZ NIGGRA POSTERS

It does look like it

For note taking I use a notebook and pen. It helps me remember better if I write it down myself.

Okay, interesting. Was going to teach myself LaTeX, but why isn't it as fast for writing math?

tfw mathlet

>That beard is fucking disgusting
just the beard?

Although I never tried taking notes on my computer, but I do like writing. I often see many people not bothering to take notes when they have their laptops out. But maybe I should give it a shot.

reminder to report all nigger posting spam

She has come to help her whiteboi bf get better by showing him what he's missing

>spam
The posts are technology related. Sure it's probably one guy that wants to flood Sup Forums with black women, but at least the posts are better than what's going on in Sup Forums

>she

i prefer niggra porsting to the Sup Forums circlejerk garbage that gets poster 24/7

>saving le kek! memes on your drive

kekito

Is LaTeX really worth getting into? Anyone in education use it over Libreoffice? As a brainlet the only reason I use word because I have constant mispellings and grammer issues.

Name?

faith nketsi

It is, he just chose a wysiwyg shortcut for brainlets instead of just learning the commands well enough that he doesn't have to think about them.

Word and similar applications are for amateur work. If you want to produce text worth publishing, use LaTeX applications.

Any tutorials (Other than LaTex site) to learning this program?

>this is the average Sup Forums poster

Highly recommend getting into LaTeX. It's used all the time in academia because it has really powerful typesetting features.

Just pick an intro tutorial. Look for ones geared towards math typesetting if that's what you're into. After that just look up shit as you need it. The basics are pretty simple.

chick on the left looking like an overstuffed bag of babybel.

sadly no. but that girl looks fine too.

>chick
>she

>faith nketsi
Sorry I meant bundleofbrittany

Whoops, wrong thread. Mods deleted the other