pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

au.pcpartpicker.com/product/BcH48d/corsair-strafe-mx-silent-wired-gaming-keyboard-ch-9104023-na
pccasegear.com/products/36919?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImajCxJuC2AIVXgUqCh1flg-nEAQYASABEgJ10PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
search.pccasegear.com/search#?isort=price&lbc=pccasegear&method=and&p=Q&ts=ajax&uid=69353359&w=ducky one&af=stockavailability:instock price:[9000,13500] category:keyboards brand:ducky
m.ebay.com/itm/top-printed-dsa-pbt-keycap-108-keys-dolch-keycaps-color-corsair-filco-minila/253229867441
kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps
aliexpress.com/item/do_you_expect_sub_90_usd_keycaps_to_be_anywhere_near_endgame/32813738267.html
ebay.de/itm/Mini-Tastatur-Cherry-Modell-ML-4100-CYA-Compact-Miniature-Keyboard/253303756558?hash=item3afa14970e:g:HYQAAOSwD3taAydi
youtube.com/watch?v=ep1Pe3m5_0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best Topre keycaps?

Hi pro

reposting for new thread.

Anyone had experience with this?

au.pcpartpicker.com/product/BcH48d/corsair-strafe-mx-silent-wired-gaming-keyboard-ch-9104023-na

Or this

pccasegear.com/products/36919?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImajCxJuC2AIVXgUqCh1flg-nEAQYASABEgJ10PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Australian here. Just want something that is a full keyboard that doesnt cause a lot of noise. Will be used for programming . (CS student).So typing orientated.

show some respect for the 60%s

>typing orientated
>reds
If you want reds then get a ducky
search.pccasegear.com/search#?isort=price&lbc=pccasegear&method=and&p=Q&ts=ajax&uid=69353359&w=ducky one&af=stockavailability:instock price:[9000,13500] category:keyboards brand:ducky

Do you guys know of any good compact wireless keyboards (non-mechanical, obviously)?

If you're typing on a ducky get silvers.

:)

y tho

do you have a better cigs than these?

Is 60% nicer for typing?

m.ebay.com/itm/top-printed-dsa-pbt-keycap-108-keys-dolch-keycaps-color-corsair-filco-minila/253229867441

Do you guys think these keycaps look reputable?

That keyboard is gorgeous
Are leopards comparable to ducky or filco quality wise?

its KBDfans so yes.

>he smokes straights instead of rollies
could you be anymore of a faggot?

Leopolds are better then both. The only reason to get a Filco is if you want a solid base to mod it, and the only reason to get a Ducky is if you want all those useless features.

Alright thanks friendo. This'll be my first time buying a set of keycaps. These always caught my eye but couldn't find em anywhere but ebay so I was skeptical at first!

Interesting, thanks
Any idea where I could find their keyboards in Australia? They aren't carried by suppliers here as far as I'm aware

Nope.

I'm going to Tokyo in a month. Is there any good stores to go shopping for keyboards and keyboard accessories there?

I figured I should check out yodobashi, sofmap and Tsukoma robot store.

i heard gateron switches are better than cherry mx, is this true

no

Silvers or Browns?

Varmilo is good, right?

Yeah.

which switches are louder than browns but more quiet than blues

Sweet, thanks. The 87-key Sakura looks so good.

blues with o-rings

>throwing away 1000 bucks

do you have a better cigs?

>non-mechanical
You might be in the wrong thread.

you can find them on KBDfans website too
kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps

>muh shitty addiction

Dont see why, there are a bunch of rubberdomes on this thread already.

Are browns much louder than silent reds?

What's your least favorite wrestler?

best keyboard, coming through

damn that font is awful

if you bottom out, yes

don't smoke anymore desu but straights are for faggots get a nice pouch of amber leaf or drum and roll some rollies

too bad you never tasted the rich taste fine clove and prime selection of tobacco, toasted with absolute perfection, and finally mixed with secret sauce.

i bet in you only ever taste dry cigs. the best cigs are the ones with sauce. with or without filter. ever heard cigs with corn leaves roll? yes, i rolled some too, but the lack of sauce is what made me comeback to what i smoke now. every name of cigs i've ever had, every type of tobacco i've ever taste, never beat the secret sauce.

>Budget
€50-ish

>Location (continent at least)
Netherlands

>Preferred switch type
Wanna try gateron linears

>Layout
Is anything other than ANSI relevant?

>Form factor
60% but with full arrow keys without the extra column.

>Backlight
Fun to have, not needed.

>Previous/current keyboards
Cooler Master Rapid-I (MX Brown)
Anne Pro (Gateron Blue)

igk-64
60% hot-swappable with arrow keys and gateron switches. $64 for plastic case version. also, rgb.
Downsides:
- left shift is 2u, so might be harder to find custom keycaps.
- usually need to wait for a group buy

How much louder?

Is the xd64 any good? I'm looking at the PCB but the bottom row is a mess.

thank you. what about my wife?

What brand do you buy for secret sauce?

shut up no bully my font

Cheaper here
aliexpress.com/item/do_you_expect_sub_90_usd_keycaps_to_be_anywhere_near_endgame/32813738267.html

;)

could you repost with a background that's not black?
its more my monitor than the image but i cant see the borders.

just turn up the contrast

The sun's down, difficult to not take ugly photos right now

its already maxed

much thx, don't you miss those keys there in the corner?

No. I didn't use those keys anyway. I'm using a dvorak-like layout, the Z key is CTRL if held down, and semicolon when tapped (I stopped using the two left bottom keys before designing this). The two right bottom default was arrow keys, but I have a ducky-like layout that I switch to while typing, reducing hand movement. I'd show you my complete layout, but the source files was accidentally replaced by the default layout, and I'm too lazy to recreate it.

>CTRL if held down,
but control+Z is sending terminal process to sleep on terminals and undo in most programs? you dont use those?

Sorry, I should have explained better. Almost none of the keys does what they say on the keycap. Only M, DEL(backspace), and one of the SPACE keys actually does what they say. QMK is awesome and allow for different behaviour if the key is held down, tapped, double tapped, double tapped held down, etc. When the Z key is held down, it only register as CTRL. If I want to press ctrl+z I have to hold down Z and tap P. (P is the key that send 'z' in my layout).

It's a little confusing, but I like the look of the qwerty layout, and it doesn't look as intimidating.

>HK
muh nigga

not sure if youre still here or not, but its only worth it if the edges of the keyboard are not held down very well or keys arent activating. it takes about 6 hours of work for your first time boltmodding. but if you do it it really is a good keyboard so ignore all the fags saying its shit because it uses a membrane.

>but its only worth it if the edges of the keyboard
to be more clear i meant the plate inside the keyboard, if you can make it move down by pushing on it with your finger then maybe you should consider boltmodding it

I would suck some hard dick for this in a TKL. As it stands you have to buy that board and then find a way to get the keycaps mounted on a hhkb or 87u.
I'm thinking about picking up the 87u and mx sliders with some SA caps in the spring. That or a ergoclear/mod-h build but topre is nice and quite when it's lubed so I could bring it to school.

Just go on yahoo auctions and get an old topre keyboard for cheap, then place those keycaps in your 87u

where can i get a cheap CHERRY ML4100 , saw one saying that you can get them for 16€ but cant find them

ebay.de/itm/Mini-Tastatur-Cherry-Modell-ML-4100-CYA-Compact-Miniature-Keyboard/253303756558?hash=item3afa14970e:g:HYQAAOSwD3taAydi

>having the keys in an even grid like that
doesn't that fuck with typing if they are not offset in the traditional way?

bu-but he said 15 bucks

Nah, you get used to it after 15 min. When going back now pressing R feels off.

alright, I am skeptical up to the point in time if I ever buy one and need to psychologically substantiate the cost
but that's just me

Oh wow those are even nicer. What terms should I search? Would I use a japan reshipper? Those exact caps you posted or like the ones in this pic are my dream.
I actually was a clicky fag and used linears on the go for like 5 years but I just got a board with clears and now I'm all about that tactility son. So I think I'm going to go topre because the only thing I've found that sounds better is kailh heavy box pale blue in a wooden case. Here's that link: youtube.com/watch?v=ep1Pe3m5_0Y
If I can find a novatouch tkl on ebay I'll go with that. Otherwise I'm stuck trying to decide between hhkb, fc660c, 87u. I like all of them

Put my BKE Redux domes in today. I got the 60g domes and they pretty damn tactile.

>he fell for the rubber dome meme

>fell for the meme
>they are better than any mx switch i've ever used (which is most)
>they are better than any alps switch i've used (which is the most common ones)
>the price is I paid for both of these is less than the custom 60% I made

well have you ever tried cherry mx clears or buckling springs?

You either need a new camera, or escape the nether realm.

You will notice I ommited buckling springs they are pretty damn great
also pic related

hmm i actually like cherry mx clear switches better than buckling springs though

I'm just shit at taking photos

That Filco looks nice, what caps are those?

they look like tai-hao

how do buckling springs compare to topre in your opinion?

IT COSTS $45 fucking dollars for pieces of god damn plastic? Are you JOKING ME. And by pieces of plastic, I mean keycap sets. This *has* to be the biggest god damn rip of all time. It's god damn plastic for Christs sake

They are very different switches, I prefer the tactility of buckling springs and they are more tactile but can't put up with the noise and I have weak hands so I got RSI when doing course work on it.

the pricing of stuff is very complex and even more mainstream products mass produced are expensive

depends on what you're getting. if its some thin pad printed ABS set then yeah its over priced since they cost like 5 bucks. Even doublshot ABS keycaps sell for 20 bucks. If its PBT then you're gonna have to pay more due to the more expensive plastic and tooling required

It's a free market. $200+ keysets still sell.

I would spend $200 on any half way decent sculpted SA set right now with out a second thought. Most of the shit worth having you can't just buy, you have to do a group buy which can take up to a year for the fucking thing to show up.
p.s. I typed this on my board with cherry mx silvers and they're so fucking buttery they must lube these things.

Can you tell me something of note you've done with your life?

I'm pretty sure you have autism.

Bullshit

just look at dsa memeami dolch that was $200+

How are Topre switches compared to Cherry?

better

worse

I don't know

cucked to death

topres are more durable, but that's not really an accomplishment since cherry switches were designed to be bad