/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ti.com/lit/pdf/slos431
youtube.com/watch?v=tCZ-AJQOiDg
warosu.org/g/thread/S62085126#p62086804
warosu.org/g/thread/S62085126#p62085965
warosu.org/g/image/aG6RNLWw45Kco9hNl9VRAw
warosu.org/g/thread/S62123030#p62124128
warosu.org/g/thread/S61949708#p61950960
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ok, I'm convinced /hpg/ threads are made by mods

What's the second best headphone behind the Koss Porta Pro?

wew lad. They are great for what they are though.

what dac/amp with hd 600

You didn't know that?

>inb4 the o2/anti magni mong

O2 + ODAC.

no, i seek genuine advice and i am not listening to that ill man.

Shouldn't the headphones be on her ears?

Is O2+ODAC really worth 250 buckeroos

is it possible for a usb dac to not be able to draw enough power from an old laptop so it sounds underpowered/quiet until you turn your amp really high, or is that the amp's fault? it's rlly annoying, would a wall mart dac solve this

ffs i meant wall wart

JDS labs element.
O2 amp/ol dac
Garage 1217 polaris
Monoprice desktop amp

>not the schiit product
>not the magni
>not the magni 3
>do NOT buy the magni 3

Just don't, whatever you do, get the magni 3.

DO NOT BUY SCHIIT PRODUCTSSSSSSSSSS *buys o2*

I unironically agree with DiPolar on these recommendations. He's usually wrong 99% of the times in these threads but he gets a thumbs up from me.

I should have mentioned that I have a budget of around 70 euros for dac/amp

Your opinion is as irrelevant as his.

smsl idea or sabaj da2

t. Jason Stoddard

A prebuilt cmoy and a cheap fiio dac should work then. Or wait for the monoprice desktop amp to go on sale.

It already is, what worries me is intenrational shipping

Don't bother with anything Monoprice that isn't their cables. You may as well be buying the first thing you find on Aliexpress in that case.

can somebody with any hifime sabre dac tell me what volume they listen to magni 3 at

Enough Schiitposting, let's see them 'stats, boys.

contact monoprice and see what international shipping will run you.

mine works fine. Also comes with a 1 year warranty. The TI dac and amp sections are reliable when properly implemented.
too much astroturfing, snake oil pushing, and questionable customer service to recommend schiit products. Besides the fact that the magni is the only worth while product they make. Their dacs measure like schiit™ and the rest of their products are overpriced.

See

Poorfag here, is the RM-610D any good?

Then why do you suggest everything but the magni 3 every time someone asks for an amp? it's an amazing amp for the price.

>Budget
In the $100 range, maybe a little more, less is always fine as well.
>Location
The Caribbean, but I will be in the US to get them, so US
>Source
Phone, laptop with DAC, stereo receiver. This is going to be my "out and about" pair though, so mostly my phone (looking for bluetooth possibly)
>Type of headphone
IEM preferably, would be willing to look at arguments for on-ear though.
>Open or closed
Closed if on ear or over ear
>Comfort level
As good as possible
>Sound signature
I have more balanced/natural sounding cans for home use, so I don't mind a little bass/v-shape here.
>Past headphones
Currently use Grado SR-60e's for home use
Have had those memeoprice iems before and some RHA MA-350s, as well as other assorted cheap headphones

a. schiits customer service (bad)
b. no measurements currently (bad)
c. every reviewer of it has a different opinion on its sound quality and it's never labeled as neutral

>talks about measured performance
>recommends products like the Monoprice with no measurements to confirm performance
>spouts nonsense about 'proper TI implementation' without posting any schematics and TI specs to validate said claim
This is why nobody respects this tripcunt.

Are there measurements for the magni 2? because it sounds exactly the fucking same as that. Also, Their customer service was very good in my experience.

>Are there measurements for the magni 2?
Yes. It's flat. Magni 3's published specs say it's flat.

ti.com/lit/pdf/slos431
Looks fine to me.

Your experience is rare. plenty of people have had various issues with schiits customer service, be thankful you didn't.
If it sounds the same to you don't worry about it. Maybe it is neutral, maybe it isn't. Until measurements are provides for it it's a crapshoot.
Published specs are not as reliable as 3rd party measurements. Just like in the case of the fulla which turned out to have completely fudged power ratings and measurements. The other reason why it's hard to recommend schiit for anything.

And on the slightest chance they aren't, the poster(s) should become mods. Such great taste.

is the mayflower o2 pretty much the same as the jds labs o2?

every O2 is the same, get whichever is cheapest from the reputable makers of it.

That link confirms nothing about the Monoprice product, try again.

reposting the amp guide for people that can't choose

It uses the PCM1793 DAC, a tenor USB chip and a TI TPA6120A2, so that document is reflective of the amplifiers section performance.

try again though.

>butterface
lol no

That is incorrect as it says nothing about the implementation of said chips in the specific product. You couldn’t even prove those chips were used at all because you wouldn’t know where to look. Stop pretending you know what you’re talking about and stop hypocritically slamming products for poor measured performance or for lack of measurements and praising one without providing any measurements to confirm its performance.

>TPA6120A2
>10 ohm output impedance

How is this better than the E10k?

Ignore this autist.

Pinnacle PX on Massdrop look like a good fit for you

found the schiit employee

did plebspotter, dare I say it, get exposed?

He spouts the same moronic shit and projects his lack of understanding of audio in general every thread.

daily reminder that the O2 > Magni and that any DAC > Modi

It uses those chips. It would be more expensive to develop something in house, and if you contact TI they'll give you a list of oem manufacturers that buy their products.

sorry try again.

If you need more output power it is. The 10ohm output impedence is a non issue for most headphones, especially high impedence or flat impedence headphones. The original e10 had a lot of issues but the e10k remedied most of them. If you don't have volume issues with your e10k don't worry about it

you spout moronic shit every thread and don't own headphones. Maybe you should buy headphones and take your meds.

I'm not on Sup Forums everyday, but it genuinely seems like he samefags. I can't prove it obviously, but it feels obvious to me.

Until you can provide measurements or schematics to confirm implementation nobody will take you seriously, though not like anyone who’s been in these threads for longer than a week would anyway.

It’s a little too convenient that a new shitposter pops up every few weeks and conventiently spams stuff that falls in line with the tripcunts agenda.

I provided measurements and schematics. Try again. Or better yet, don't and just buy headphones already. Maybe stop samefagging too it's cringy.

I think it's a little too convenient you don't own headphones.

And yet again the tripcunt is enveloped by his own delusions. So the cycle continues.

can you post a pic and timestamp of your headphones? can you provide the schematics and measurements of the magni 3 like I have for the monoprice amp? This shouldn't be hard.

damn really need myself some schiit amp youtube.com/watch?v=tCZ-AJQOiDg

Gladly, as soon as you can post them for the Monoprice product.

Where can you get a pre-built O2 amp for $95?
warosu.org/g/thread/S62085126#p62086804
>1446925102398.jpg
warosu.org/g/thread/S62085126#p62085965
.jpg
warosu.org/g/image/aG6RNLWw45Kco9hNl9VRAw
top post here he curiously replies to a HD600 measurement with the same measurement of HD650 and HE-400 he always posts with the tripcode on when neither the HD650 or HE-400 are even being discussed, not with a Sup Forums filename, but with the filename generated by Headroom's graph lookup thingie. There are two possibilities here:
- user just happened to look up the measurements for HD650 and HE-400 and post them in reply to an HD600 measurement when neither the HD650 or HE-400 were even being discussed (it is ludicrous to imagine this actually happened);
- DiPolar just posted the same image from local storage that he always posts and forgot to put the trip on (the logical explanation)
Your suspicion is clearly correct. Dude constantly samefags as non.

Massdrop

This is a reminder that Monoprice is only good for cables and that the rest of their technology products are shoddily-made, breaking-prone trash.
Also:
warosu.org/g/thread/S62123030#p62124128
warosu.org/g/thread/S61949708#p61950960

I did. post schematics and measurements of the magni 3 now this shouldn't be hard.

You don't have to post your headphones you don't own any in the first place. That was a mean request I'm sorry user.

>grasping at this many straws and making this many assumptions to reach a conclusion on my non existent samefagging.

try again

i have philips she3500 or 3590
i want real quality inear headphones

what should i upgrade to

As soon as you post measurements and schematics or the Monoprice amp I will follow suit with the Magni 3.

depends on your budget.

I did. Seems like you can't post those schematics or measurements of the magni 3.

gonna try rm 610d

so like $15? Haven't heard those before, but the kz zs3 are in the same price range and have a detachable cable. They also sound decent fro the money.

As soon as you post them for the Monoprice, you were asked first.

im slowly dipping my foot in the water before going 100 200 € like mad man

Yeah I work for schiit because I'm refuting your ridiculous claim that the magni 3 is bright, when literally everyone says the opposite. It sounds the same as the magni 2. It's fucking weird to think that a random human being (you) constantly comes into these threads spouting complate nonsense either to get into arguments, or because you got burned by schiit at some point in your life. If it's actual autism it might make some sense. But it's still fucking weird.

>Audio Technica ATH-M20X

> Koss Porta Pro

> AKG K92

which one, Sup Forums?

>2 autists pretending to have non-existent measurements

PortaPro

>"it sounds the same as the magni 2"
>"it has a warmer sound"
>"it's flat"
>non-existent measurements

might as well be as bright as the sky

you asked, I provided, you starting spewing shit like an autistic even though the measurements and tech specs are right in that PDF. Seems like you're backed into a corner and have no argument.

I vote koss porta pro

Your post just proved me right. Wow, you actually do turn your trip off and act like you're another user. You justify this by claiming that anyone that disagrees with you is this 'no headphones user'

I'm not him, and there's at least one other guy right now arguing with you. You're a fucking weirdo.

My Y wire is broken. I solded it a couple of times but right now it broke on the intersection of the Y. What cable should I buy and where? First time I buy a new cable for my headphones.

WHAT WAS THE PICTURE?

Might as well not be bright as well then? keep smoking crack you retard.

it literally doesn't prove anything.

try again though. Maybe you should post the headphones you own. But you cant.

Because you don't own headphones.

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

bump

Orpheus HE1

>no sub bass
>veil
>best

Here. I don't come here on weekdays 95% of the time. Whenever I do come here you are always arguing with someone and calling them the 'no headphones' user. If you are arguing with only one other guy (which I doubt) it isn't me.

What do you actually get out of this? seriously?

Is O2+ODAC really worth 250 buckeroos

ZMF Atticus

no timestamp means no proof. Just posting another anons picture.

nice try though.

O2 on MD + OL DAC from JDS = $195, best DAC/Amp combo for the price

I'd also like to mention that you're the one coming after me for not recommending the magni 3 for a few very valid reasons. Even if you actually own those products it's just your stereotypical le-redditor setup and you're obviously just triggered by the fact I won't recommend the magni 3. Also the cringy "LE SAMEFAG ORGANIZED DISCORD SHITPOSTING REEEE" bullshit doesn't reflect well on your part. Grasping at straws that much just makes you look like a retard.

I don't recommend the magni 3 because schiit as a company has made questionable choices in the past and astroturfs heavily compared to other companies. If measurements get posted from a 3rd party source that show it to be neutral, I'll start recommending it. But otherwise, I'm not going to because it makes no sense.

The other user is doing what he wants and obviously doesn't like schiit either for whatever reasons he may have, maybe the same reasons I have for not liking them. not everyone adores schiit.

Look at him squirm.

damn that magni sure is bright

The O2+ODAC is more about convenience, since you're paying $50 more than for having everything in one enclosure, the possibility of engraving something on it for free, and putting the power jack in the back for $3 more which I recommend if you have the option. ODAC is pretty much audibly transparent, but OL DAC is the updated improvement on ODAC which measures better.

It's a kind of in-between budget option, since for a bit more money than O2+ODAC, the Element also combines everything into one enclosure, measures better, and looks nicer.

>November time stamp

okay. I'm not really squirming. All you've proven so far is that you're saving pictures of some other persons setup or that you are triggered incredibly hard by the fact that I did not recommend the magni 3.

It's all pointless anyway, the dudes budget is below what he would have to pay for a magni 3 and most of my recommendations anyway.