/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/222653796285
amazon.de/Sony-Compact-Smartphone-Triluminos-Speicher-Schwarz/dp/B074PZJXKP/ref=gbph_tit_m-5_cea1_36b40d88?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_p=cfe31e3e-ac64-4413-8310-f7837734cea1&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=10990946031&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_r=ZC0K5RAJ1A3JQG5XZ318
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is a cheap good phone with nougat/oreo? MotoC from lenovorola or there is something better?
If I can install lineage or some shitty rom without gapps better

I was waiting for this should i replace battery on nexus 6p or get a chink phone I have to walk around with a battery pack just to keep it alive for two hours now.

Replacing the battery is just a temporary fix, and 6P never had that good battery life in the first place.

Budget / country?

how many years till we finally get something good again
all of the new phones look shit
"almost bezeless" phones look shit
where are folding displays?

I guess I will have to keep my lg g4 until something nice comes out, I mean it still works perfectly fine
I would love to have a fingerprint scanner tho
knock code is kinda annoying

I didn’t know people could be this poor. I feel bad for you man.

I'm thinking of buying Huawei Mate 10, should I go for it?
>Android 8.0
>USB-C
>3.5 mm jack
>16:9
>Desktop mode without DRM
>NPU

Sure, if you never want to get laid again.

What does the AI meme in the Mate 10 series even mean? Is there a catch to it?

How's that related?
>tfw 27 and still kissless virgin

Better allocation of resources since "it" learns how you use your phone, also "it" choses the best settings for the camera since "it" try to guess what's in the frame.

Been on Iphone since 2014 and looking to switch back and switch providers. IOS 11 left a bad taste in my mouth and my 6s+ has been acting up more and more.

Verizon currently has a deal where it's $300 off a pixel 2/2XL.

Anyone here who has one can weigh in on their phones?

Only thing stopping me from getting the 2XL is the blue tint/grain issue.

I'm not poor just not so material its only 3 years old guess ill just buy a oneplus 5t. 6p was a pretty shit phone shouldn't have gotten it in the first place.

150 usd - south america

I guess it sounds good in theory, but it would probably shit itself with the amount of resources I would toss at it. My Redmeme is already kinda pushed to the limit.
The XL version is fairly mediocre desu, I'd just get the standard version

What other options that's not Xiaomi?

Redmi Note 4

Well I don't really know myself. Probably some Moto model. You'd be pretty lucky if you somehow got a OnePlus 3T at this price.

Well, Huawei Mate 10 cost 550$ here.
While Samsung Note 8 is about 870$.
And those are the bleeding edge devices in hardware and software, and both support the new generation of computing.

The Mate 10 would be a better option for the buck. Note series last quite a few years but they're way too overpriced.

I miss W10 Phone so much
But it didn't even have Snapchat

Hello.

is the snapdragon 845 gonna be much better or not really?

?

I live outside US, so the Note8 that I can get my hands on is Exynos.

I've got Galaxy S3 (9300) for free from my brother.
But it's very very slow and lag and it still on Android icecream sandwich.
Will flashing LineageOS 14.1 on it will help getting rid of the lag?

Really contemplating on buying the xz1 compact for 400 euros right now. Replacing my 4.5 y/o xperia zr with it.

Is 18:9 the new trend in smartphones?

Those phones look like shit.

To a point yes, but the 1GB RAM will still be a bit limiting. Better than touchwiz from back then in any way though.

Will be blown away by any Redmi phone sadly.

I guess the device is showing it's age.
It's sad to throw away completely working device.
Would it be better to flash an older version of lineage OS then?

Hi guys. I want to buy a smartphone exclusively for emulating GBC, GBA and mainly DS roms with DraStic emulator. So what is the best, most durable smartphone I can get for 230 euros max?
My requisites are: an LCD (not AMOLED) screen

a processor good enough to play DS games lag free and smoothly, and to be battery saving at the same time.

And if possible, a smartphone that has a user replaceable battery. I know these seem to be very uncommon these days but hopefully you can recommend one like that. If not, at least a battery that is relatively easy to replace manually by someone without any experience?

Also remember stuff like camera quality or high pixel density don't matter for this smartphone.

Thanks!

ive been on an i9300 since 2012, and it's been great on CM13 (never bothered updating to lineage).
Fast enough for casual use, but it's no VR gaymen high-performance flagship.
Also the screen is great, though mine got some burn-in over the years.

It's repairable too, for extra Sup Forums cred.

when is a bezelless mi max coming out

right now thats the only thing that could interest me more than my mi max 2

Also guys, these are the smartphones I have cutrently selected:

ZTE blade V8 Pro
Meizu M6 Note
Honor 6x
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi MI A1
Xiaomi Mi Max 2

Is there any better one that I have missed in that price range?
Also is snap dragon 625 processor necessary for smooth DS DraStic emulation? Or would a snap dragon 4xx be sufficient for a smooth gameplay?

>Android Oreo the first week
>SOT goes from 4 on N to 5hrs on O
>wew
>... wait a week
>see this
Nigga what the fuck

On German Amazon, right? Just ordered one too. Seems pretty good for the price.

yes, I don't see the phone reaching the 300 mark anytime soon and there are no other smaller worthwhile phones out there except for the iphone SE which I already ruled out because it's missing some apps I like to use..

i have a mi max 2 and that phone is huge; battery is not replacable easily but the screen alone makes if perfect to play games, as to whether or not it would emulate lag free i have not tested

Note 4 or Mi Max 2, depending on your size preference

are there any smartwatches that aren't botnet?

Not sure about DS but I play GBA games all the time on my moto G5 Plus. Sealed battery, but I get like 12 hours screen on time before I'm at the low battery warning (20%)

I just got my 5t and it's great.

>Single digit sot
I feel bad for you son.

Moto Z or Moto Z Play 2?
Which one should I get?
I realise Moto Z is flagship, but Moto Z play2 is more recent.
Moto Z Price £249gbp
Moto Z Play2 £310gbp
Quite the difference there.
Considering the Moto Z is abit uglier, and I only have the white version as option (with the ugly sensors) And the Moto Z2 Play is black, and the fingerprint works as home button, and has headphone jack and bigger battery, but is weaker and has 626 snapdragon - so worse image processing(camera), which should I get?

Or any other good phone in this price range that has Amoled meme and is 5.5+ screen? and good camera

>switch to iphone this year
>apple release iOS 11 and completely tongue anus

fucks sake.

I'm downgrading to ios 11.1.1 from ios 11.2

I'll take the fucking calculator bug over 1% battery drain every 5 minutes.

Any interesting mid-range Androids coming out in 2018?

I don't frequent Sup Forums and I'm kinda clueless about phones
is samsung s8 a good phone? price is kinda steep so I wanna make sure if it's worth it

Yeah but I don't see the point. Mainly it helps because you can fit a keyboard. But then why not just buy a phone with a hardware keyboard?

xiaomeme note 5 they say

The calculator bug is only if you press the next number before the previous numbers glow animation is over. Don't try to rush through calculations and it's fine.

what should I get lads
Xiaomeme mi a1 or mi max 2
I'm in the us and will use metro pcs if that matters

get something with a removable battery, gaming will wear out the battery like crazy

the real pain in my ass is restoring shit because you can't restore data from a different ios version.

having to use a bunch of third party tools.

whats the expected price?

Britbong here

thanks apple

Oh man, that's gotta suck. I only use my iPhone as an iPod now since I made the switch to Android but when I downgraded iOS on my iPhone what I did was transferred all of my data to the Android phone, downgraded the iPhone, then ran the setup like I was switching back to the iPhone

I like the phone itself, I just hate all these bugs.

Everyone says 10.3.3 was perfect but I had to show up now.

My only issue would be iMessages, which is super important because its how I keep in touch with my friends and family in the states, I have something like 20,000 texts I'd lose.

answer meee!

What was your previous phone and how is the camera?

Did you know that Smartphone evolution ended with the iPhone SE?

There is literally no other phone that comes close to how perfect it is.

So out of the smartphone selection I gave above, what smartphone should last longest time?

And which has the battery that is easiest to replace?

If it's the Redmi Note 4 I will get that.

Just got the s8+ and this shit is comfy. Never leaving android again.

Just get the z play and slap some camera module.

No I did not

What phone works best as mainly a music player?

>no retarded price tag
>not retarded large
>must last for at least 5 years

I'm so tired of the rounded edges meme. I've always preferred going caseless, but huge slippery phones are just begging to get dropped. Switched to the SE when the 128gb refresh happened, and I can't wait for the rumored update in March.

Any midrange xiaomi or moto phone.

Well mayhap Mi A1 will support your band so go to that one.

Looks like the s7 edge

Close but s7 edge don't have USB type C.

You want the more lte band? Redmi note 4. You want heavy duty battery that refuse to die under 24 hours? Mi Max 2.

Google Pixel 2 or the Huawei Mate 10 (non-pro)?

Really in dilemma right now, can't decide between the two.

Ignore Hawaii, acquire Pixel 2.

The price difference between the 2 is $250 here. Is it worth the $250?

Depend on your priorities of course, both got excellent camera, top tier chip but pixel got smaller battery. I'd say get Pixel 2 cause you'll be least likely to get Chinked.

>Got declined for a Google finance account because I dont have credit
>Not on Verizon
>Dont have the money to drop 1000 out of the blue
Fuck Google

If anyone's in New Zealand, do not go with 2degrees mobile. Their service is god damn awful.
I ordered an S8 over one week ago, and did not recieve a conformation, or tracking number. I inquired today, as the shipping was supposed to take 3-5 working days. They haven't shipped it yet, as it is not in stock. Thanks for letting me know.

I just ordered a Le meme le le le s3 x626 for 90 burgerbucks when converted. Cheapest phone I could find with decent specs that has a good camera. Couldn't care less about the no audio jack and sd card thing. Also don't give a fuck about the mediakek helio x20 because I don't plan on gaming on phones.

How badly did I fuck up? Or how good did I do for my first smartphone?

Should be shipping this week and arriving by Christmas. Pretty excited based on reviews.

>got approved for google financing
>go to make purchase
>order is declined
>told I have to wait until I receive the physical card
FUCK

Yes Google should just finance you out of the blue because you're such a cool guy. Do you even know how credit works? It's based on worthiness. You have none. Sperging out on a Transylvanian badger farming board isn't going to change that.

i mean sure, real question here then: how the fuck am i suppose to get credit

Have someone add you as an authorized user or get a cap one secure card.

>first smartphone
>not an iPhone X
Sad!

get a gimped $350 card to start
pay your bill on time for 18 months
voila, you have decent credit

Had to return my axon 7 due to static sounds coming from all headphones that went into it. Im looking for a phone with:
>water resistance
>1440p
>biggish screen
>good sound card
>not ugly asf and with very little bezel
>not going to blow up my wallet

when will we see the first pixel 2 price drop or deal? My nexus 5x is bootlooping but I can't stand the thought that I'm about to pay more to buy it now, two months after launch, than it cost when it first came out.

>18 months
3~4 months would be enough to get a cc from your local bank. 8 months to get a discover and 1 year to get an amex.

Can someone help me pick out a phone for my gf. Here is what I need:
$600 budget
Sprint USA
Best camera for money
Best display for money
Sd slot
A decent battery would be nice too. Thanks in advance!

new Pixel XL 128gb for $450. new iPhone 7 plus for $550

moto Z is a shitty sony IMX 214 sensor it's old. Z2 Play is better option

is it easy to change the Android emoji to these iOS ones?

Where do you see it for $450?

I got you senpai, it's new and not the international version. It works on Fi and the price just dropped $25 last week

ebay.com/itm/222653796285

I have been seeing a few mediatek phones that are interesting. Are these phones available to be rooted with custom rom yet, or are they still pretty much dead ends?

>Mediatek

This is why people laugh at Android users. Don't buy their chip.

xz1 compact currently at 399 on german amazon by using a deal (buy only one and you get the discount at the checkout)

amazon.de/Sony-Compact-Smartphone-Triluminos-Speicher-Schwarz/dp/B074PZJXKP/ref=gbph_tit_m-5_cea1_36b40d88?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_p=cfe31e3e-ac64-4413-8310-f7837734cea1&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=10990946031&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_r=ZC0K5RAJ1A3JQG5XZ318

How do I get a usb mouse and HDMI cable to work at the same time?