Vaio P appreciation thread

Why has there not been a better looking piece of tech since?

Refresh never ever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rnxx6lSLPVw
amazon.co.jp/dp/B017I4RPR6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_N8b6zbZRAXF7W
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Single core Atom

Eew. Anything like this with at least a dual core?

GPD pocket exists though...

GPD Pocket has a quad core with 8GB of ddr3 and a 1920x1200 IPS screen. It's the only UMPC that's worth anything on the market.

Looks neat but I don't really get what they're supposed to be used for.

Wow, that thing is slick.

I think an X220 is plenty portable for me though, no need for these cuties

Would buy if it wasn't for the retarded keyboard. How did they come up with such idea? Any idea if there's going to be a better version? Will buy if not, it looks quite useful.

I would actually buy that thing if the keyboard layout wasn't so cancerous

Once you get used to the keyboard layout it's nowhere near as bad as it looks.
I own one and it's slowly becoming my main laptop, it even runs Halo CE multiplayer smoothly.

I'm a simple man, I like I buy.

gpd pocket is just a business version of the gpd win, and they're making a gpd win 2 for 2018 with a core m3, I'd bet anything they're making a better pocket to go with it.

It looks nice, but Jesus Christ 600$ is too much

>509.99 freedoms and lower
come on goy, don't exaggerate

GPD is a too expensive toy. A tablet with exactly the same parameters and a keyboard costs 1/5th of it GPDs price.

Getting the attention your parents never gave you.

GPD Pocket owner here. AMA.

> is the keyboard that bad?
yes

> hows battery life?
not that great. probably getting a couple hours. haven't tested it too much.

> what os?
dual booting ubuntu and windows. both work like a charm

> hows the gpu?
I can play just cause 2 on the lowest settings with the latest intel drivers and get about 40FPS.

> anything else?
fuck that keyboard

Did you buy it because you thought it was interesting or did you think you would use it enough to warrant the price?

I thought it was interesting and maybe I could do some work with it, but there hasn't been a situation yet that really warranted it.

Another GPD Pocket owner here, it's actually useful for when you need to take a real computer somewhere but don't want to bother with a backpack. Stuff that shit in your coat pocket, maybe bring the USB C charger that your phone uses anyway - done.

>don't want to bother with a backpack
>bring the USB C charger
pick one
I have an ultraportable and just accept that I'm going to have a backpack anywhere I'd want/need a computer

You can't do much better at 5".
One of the best things about Vaio P is that unlike previous Sony UMPCs, it was the minimum size at which the keyboard becomes more or less usable.

I loved mine but wish they'd have put a better cpu in them

I can easily fit the Pocket and a usbc charger in my coat pocket, soyboy

>cargo shorts autism
>not a soyboy

I wish they released a slightly bigger version with a less retarded keyboard desu, just having ; and ' at the right place would do wonders.

this is the closest thing to a refresh

I miss 90' and brick quality like jornada 720.

Keyboard was 10/10

there's also this if don't mind the thicc bezels
youtu.be/rnxx6lSLPVw

>no trackpoint
FUCKING DROPPED

That looks like a worthy successor. I hope it doesn't go for Sony prices

it's been out for 2 years
amazon.co.jp/dp/B017I4RPR6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_N8b6zbZRAXF7W

That keyboard is one of the worst I've used on anything. Layout aside the keys don't register half the time unless you press them dead-center.

>TransBook

Ever considered getting a battery bank? Or a gpu extension through USB-c? Also how does it work when plugged into a full desktop setup?

>Couple of hours
What the fuck?
My gpd pocket gives me almost 10 hours SoT, it's an Intel atom with a 27w battery.

>Fuck that keyboard
It literally took me 5 minutes of typing on it to get used to it. I don't think you actually own one.

>the virgin /fa/ aspirant

>the Chad spaghetti cable slinger