Amd ryzen+

Sooo what do you think about this?
When it will be in available? When we will see benchmarks and specks ? Will it get new motherboards with new chipsets with some more bells and whistles and cowbells and with more leds?
p.s. I hate amd so much for not selling new processors now and making me wait for "fixed" faster version.

Unless its compatible with current AM4 boards, not worth it. Just Waitâ„¢ for Ryzen 2

I'm curious will they make new chipset for this plus version. And will they fix infinity fabric problems that makes ram overclocking almost mandatory

>I hate amd so much for not selling new processors now
Ryzen feels like it came out yesterday. What kind of turn around time are you expecting here?

I honestly just wanted to buy new pc for myself as present before new year.
But I kinda refuse to buy "old tech". Want to get fixed better version.

DESU I expect the process upgrade from R to R+ is going to be like the one from i7 6700 to i7 7700. I would be shocked if you could nail down a distinct performance difference between the two.
Maybe motherboard or chipset features will justify the wait, but I have doubts.

i just don't want to end up like people who buy 980ti month before 1070 release.

10% is from the process but AMD can eek out more from optimizing macroarch of Zen like they did with Jaguar -> Puma. I expect 15-20% overall improvement based on what they've been able to do in the past. I think 4.8 for their top CPU isn't so farfetched. Probably 4.5 for the 1700 equivalent. I just hope they can be overclocked on all cores that far.

The binning might improve a fair bit, which would improve overclocking, but I don't think they'll be bumping stock clocks up that far. They'd need to include some serious coolers if they pulled that. *cue 9590 flashbacks*

could this whole fabric-thing tied to memory clock get fixed ?

The 9590 was pushing 0.7GHz past the top end of the Vishera mainstream processors. 10% improvement at iso power is a characteristic of the process and is going to be pretty close to a "free" boost.

Doubt it. Infinity Fabric seems to be a core piece of the architecture. I don't see them changing that any time soon. At the very least I can't see such a change falling under the heading of a minor process change.
I might be misinformed though.

I just heard that it cause fps drops cause of lag between cores cashes. If you don;t overclock ram to very high speed.
ehhh... anyway /thread.
will just buy new hard drive and play some old games and wait.

nah just gonna wait for r2, hoping it actually comes out in 2018

AM4 will be supported until 2020.

they said both higher clocks and overclockability

February -march.
It will get new mobos and chipset, yet it will be compatible with the old chipsets.

It will be the same uarch with ryzen 1000 on the 12nm and with the new voltage controls that were debuted with raven ridge. All in all, it will have a 15% higher clocks and better memory compatibility. IPC increase will be between 0-5%.

>i bought a ryzen 1600x
whelp what a waste of money then

I would say: Just buy it you don't need the newest shiny stuff.
But maybe you just want the best of the best. An d maybe you have the same want in other things like wanting only the best of the best for your family and children. Which is a good thing.
You deserve the upcoming amd CPU right now. I believe in you!

To more comfortably take on Coffeelake and to not cannibalize Ryzen buyers, the next iteration will just be a die shrink for an extra 10% clock speed, probably 5% IPC gain from now hanging fruit, and the added convenience of precision boost 2.0.

It's what has been on the table the whole time and it is what makes the most logical sense. Zen 2 will be the big one

>probably 5% IPC gain

more like 0% ipc gain. precision boost maybe

Thank you user!

Does anyone have the webm of the ryzen logo being equate to poop being smeared on a toilet? It was being posted when ryzen was first announced and I forgot to save it.
I'm an AMD fan but it was great

Dont wait for Ryzen 2, wait for RAM prices to go down.

i used to have it but i lost my hard drive

nvm here it is kek

>When it will be in available?
April-May
>specks
February
>benchmarks
March
> Will it get new motherboards with new chipsets
Yes
>with more leds
I can't imagine it but probably yes
It's a refresh, of course it's compatible.

4.2GHz max.
Nope. It's not a real problem though.
It's the same shit
Never happens

>just be a die shrink for an extra 10% clock speed, probably 5% IPC gain
Just?
It took Intel 6 years from Sandy Bridge to Skylake lol.
If it just happens to be 15% better intel is just getting shat on and just lose everything lol.

0-5%, they call the architecture zen+, which may indicate a few changes.

>Doubt it. Infinity Fabric seems to be a core piece of the architecture.
Epyc goes on double the ram speed. Its still in synch but at double speed.

The problem however is that double speed on desktop would mean that fast gaming ram with 3000-3200 Mhz wont work because that would need the fabric to run at 6ghz which is way too much for their shitty silicon.

If Ryzen 2 can go 5 GHZ then in tgeory they could use the double speed for 2400 Mhz RAM and that would rock

I don't think any ryzen buyer would be mad if amd would release much better chips a year later that will work on the same motherboard. They don't try to hold back, but they are focusing most resources on zen2, which is a real architecture upgrade while also switching to 7nm. A big jump in clock speeds plus big ipc gains plus better performance im workloads ryzen has previously struggled will be a massive hit for intel, because by that time intel will only have theit own 10nm ready.

Ryzen 1.5 in Q1, backwards compatible with your current mobo.
New chipsets in Q2, presumably with Thunderbolt but I wish for 10GB ethernet.
I expect 1-5% IPC from tuning and working the microcode fixes into silicon, and 10-20% higher clockspeed.
Long shot: They get FMA4 working again.
Forget: Moar coars, more L2/L3 cache, a nongimped AVX/2.

tl;dr wait for CES 2018.

>backwards compatible with your current mobo
Didn't AMD say all future Ryzen upgrades will be retrocompatible until DDR5?

AMD is great as long as you don't play games

The sockets will remain the same.
New chipsets will bring new features, it should be easy enough for motherboard vendors to soft lock features for newer Ryzen chips to be "fully" backwards compatible

Sure, it's obvious you will not be able to take advantage of all the features in old chipsets, but the CPUs themselves have to be retrocompatible.

>p.s. i hate amd so much for... making me wait for "fixed" faster version
almost like they needed more time to perfect the architecture and sold a still good architecture to early adopters in the mean time or something..........
also, like everyone else said, no new socket until 2020

The CPUs will be.
The question remains in the motherboard vendors willingness to comply.

Ryzen mainstream is half RAM speed. They just need 1-to-1

You're smoking dope boy. The 1800x already hits 4.1 max and some threadripper are hitting 4.2 on OC and multi core 4.2 with a little more than 1.4v

12nm alone will bring max to 4.5ghz

What I expect : 5% IPC, 4.5 boost, some other optimizations like what we saw in RR.
What I dream of: 10% IPC, 4.6 boost, lower latency, better RAM speeds.

People dissminssing anything beyond a shrink underestimate what Zen means for AMD. Zen is survival, and a way back into the game. Zen was finished by early 2016, but it takes a long time to test and validate a brand new arch. The engineers weren't sitting on their ass though. They have leapfrogging design teams, so arch improvements have already been worked on for a least a full year, and now they are past the original validation and the chips are out in the wild, they can make changes and optimizations much faster and with more confidence. Bulldozer to Excavator was a big improvement in the span of a year (to be fair it isn't hard to improve garbage) and I expect AMD can pull something similar off this time around too. AMD is working really close with GloFlo to get 12nm out as quickly as possible to take the wind of of Coffee Lake and solidify mindshare for the arrival of 7nm Zen sometime in early 2019.
AMD have been investing steadily in RnD for a long time now, and especially in the past year the momentum has picked up. AMD knows that Zen NEEDS to succeed.

ill just get a fucking ryzen 5 now and upgrade 3 years later

Broadwell had support for both DDR3 and DDR4, some motherboards had DDR3 and DDR4 variants.
AMD can do the same for DDR4 and DDR5 with new CPUs, current Ryzen CPUs will work, but are most likely limited to DDR4 and PCIe3.

get it now, zen+ will be a refresh with a small boost which i doubt you'll ever use on a 100%

>dat scale