Languages that strike fear into the hearts of brainlets

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.haskell.org/Testing_primality
wiki.haskell.org/Monad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My first concern when learning Haskell was how to declare a variable.
Now I know that we won't need variables where we're going.

*hyperspace.gif*

Agda

Chinese

upvote

you know this is an imageboard right

>he doesn't use leading commas

Haskell is baby stuff. Try Erlang and scala

This is supposed to be a pure thread. We can't just go around introducing a bunch of external side effects like (((images))) without the appropriate monads.

>>huiskil
for brainlets who cannot use The von Neumann architecture

Elixir/Erlang

It's actually really good

Strong typing is for brainlets

any new language.

the brainlet programmers I know worked on the same stack for 5+ yrs j2ee/spring/rails etc..

COBOL

Man

I should probably learn a new language that's relevant to industry at some point

I have zero industry langiages

Ok, listen little faggot. Have you ever written a compiler? Have you ever written an interrupt routine, you little faggot? You ever written an interrupt routine? You little faggot. No, you haven't because you're a faggot. Okay. Why don't you go write an interrupt routine faggot. Haskell? You're fucking in the ocean with some nigger in the deep ocean. Got no clue what's underneath you, you little faggot. Why don't you go write an interrupt routine?

This is an interrupt routine. I wrote my own compiler. It has an interrupt keyword. Does Haskell have an interrupt routine? Can you write an interrupt routine in haskell with an interrupt keyword? Huh? Can you write an interrupt routine in haskell? Do you know what an interrupt is, you little faggot? Everything you know about haskell is something I know about interrupt routines.

How about them apples? Huh? Everything you know about haskell or lisp, I know about interrupt routines. Fuck yourself nigger

ANSI C (not C++ that's for brainlets and pajeets)

perl 6

the god patrician language.

Alright, here we go: Idris, Agda, Coq, Kanren, Prolog. Those are the ones most seem to fear once they've heard of what they are. Haskell is a a bloated fluffy stuffed toy compared to the list.

>Elm
Purescript

Erlang is easy compared to haskell. The only difficulty is the lack of resources. Scala should have been aborted.

> Js
Kanren then if you want dynamic types, plus most won't even get past conso as they struggle with logic. Apparently deconstructing a pair using the same relation for constructing a pair is difficult which probably stems from them wanting to hold on to the familiar "functions" they're used to. Would be fun if they introduced relational programming as a requirement to pass CS, would finally filter out the shit that slips through.

C++ is the only acceptable answer

Forth

Forth is just irritatingly tedious to program in unless you have a forth chip or working with embedded. Factor was interesting but lisp winds there by far.

>hurr the more complex language that affords a high level of abstraction with zero runtime cost is for brainlets and poojeets

Get on my level

this, in an old Visual Studio that crashes every 10 minutes.

Mr. Torvalds would like to have a word with you..

COBOL

Haskell is really not that hard.

t. mathlet

a scheme,
sml,ml,ocaml,f#

clisp comes with too much to make them scared

butthurt

I can't understand what's going on here:
wiki.haskell.org/Testing_primality

>kernel development is representative of all development

i think you mistyped 5 there buddy

And Linus has no problem with userspace C++, he only hates it in kernel development.
He literally uses Qt and C++ for his scuba diving project.

>brainlet
weak typing
>medium brain
strong static typing
>ascended
strong dynamic typing

>anything that runs on the JVM

No language is strong dynamic

Oh god why

mfw brainlets can't understand wiki.haskell.org/Monad

Sure there is. Erlang for instance is a dynamic typed language but also strong typed.

*interrupts you*

Ada

>>Elm
>Purescript

Oh neat! I hadn't heard of PureScript. Thanks for mentioning it.