/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Ultimate Gaming Machine Edition.

>Yoshi's Box:
youtube.com/watch?v=J8SvMXkF6kM

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming (especially the 8400) or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Consider Vega 56 for a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

hardwaredealz.com/bester-gaming-pc-fuer-unter-800-euro-gamer-pc-bis-800-euro/
amazon.com/dp/B073B65HQC
raijintek.com/en/raijintek_contact-us.php
youtube.com/watch?v=p--iuQhujqI
pcpartpicker.com/list/JLpxyf
m.newegg.ca/products/N82E16819113360
eprice.it/outlet-componenti-KINGSTON/d-11120043
eprice.it/outlet-componenti-KINGSTON/d-10098172
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>posted literally one second after the link to the new thread
Fug. Repost:
Oh, thanks! I actually did figure it out. Last night was a perfect storm regarding my stress, coming back at it after work today was a dream by comparison. My mobo is an asrock ab350m pro4 . It was... inexpensive, so I'm not surprised it's lacking in some departments. I'll get a splitter for the fans, I think, but am I correct in interpreting that I should have my fans plugged into only my psu or my mobo, then?

Yeah it's either one or the other. Plugging into the mobo gives you access to controlling the fan speed from the BIOS or sometimes from the motherboard's software in Windows, for example. If it's just plugged into the power supply it'll fun at full speed. Some high end cases have PWM fan controller switches so you can use these splitters on the case to control fans with external buttons rather than in software, but sounds like this isn't the case for you.

And I wasn't really shitting on the mobo either. Currently my backup PC is a micro ATX mobo that just has one chassis fan header and I'm using a splitter/extender so I can use two fans, one front and one rear. They work fine with the splitter.

Thanks again. As far as I know, everything is wired up correctly and I'm about to plug it in and see if it turns on.

Awesome, hope it works out.

hardwaredealz.com/bester-gaming-pc-fuer-unter-800-euro-gamer-pc-bis-800-euro/

Is this a good PC to build?

Anyone else running a non-activated Windows 10 and notice the "Activate Windows" isn't a lower right corner watermark anymore?

Yeah it's okay if you build it yourself.

It just comes back eventually.

Plugged it in, it didn't work. Very concerned because it sparked around the plug when I plugged it into a power strip, but not when I plugged it into a wall outlet. Both outlets work for other electronics. I'm worried the spark may have meant I fried something. I can't think of anything I didn't wire in the case.

I dont know anything about building PCs but I am planning to build one for 800€. What would you recommend me?

Cancel. In hopefully my final exhausted act of retardation, I had the psu switched off.

I couldn't have done it without you, Sup Forums

First time builder, just got my PC running, all is good except I'm trying to go download my drivers and windows 10 isn't recognizing the internet connection through my Ethernet. Cord worked just fine on my old laptop yesterday, tried a new cord and still no connection, says it can't get a valid IP. Already tried the dns flush, reboots, etc. Help?

That is because your LAN drivers aren't installed. Download your LAN drivers onto a USB and install it from there or if you have a CD reader, pop it into your PC and install it from there.

Thank you!

FUCK YOU BITCOIN MINING ASSHOLES

Rookie mistakes. I've been there. Congrats.

does this look like a pretty good chair?

amazon.com/dp/B073B65HQC

max budget of 400 if making suggestions

Crossfire 2x R9 290's or 1080ti?

1080ti

>Year of our lord + 2017
>Crossfire

OP you really need to specify that the only way a r5 1600 (or any ryzen for that matter) can keep up with the intel equivalent is by using $400-$600 low latency ram kits.

stay mad gpulet

Got any opinions on brands for low-end monitors? Looking for one for video/phorto stuff, so will be IPS or VA. So far I see good deals on LG, Asus, Acer, Dell but want your opinions on quality of their lower-end 21.5-24" monitors.

So im looking to set up a miscellaneous server, don't want to spend a lot so liking at used parts, what would you guys recommend? I plan on using it for almost anything?

I've got a lot of issues with my current build. Not sure what they are, it's just having troubles. Could be mobo, could be individual parts.

Assuming it's individual parts and I want to troubleshoot it via upgrading... I currently am running an i7-3770k and an R9 270x. What should I upgrade first for gaming and development?

>R5 1600 gets delivered
>amazon tracking says package was lost
hmmmmm

So finally got the 3 main parts for upgrade

i5 2400 >> i5 7600k
8gb ddr3 1333 >> 16gb ddr4 3000
Gigabyte mini atx >> MSI z370

Now just need the 1070ti as my next part. Upgrading from 750ti.

Monitor, sound/network, mouse and then a better SSD

Thoughts on the 1070ti? It's newer and will last, but price is steep.

Only game I play is Arma 3 and my average fps almost doubled.

Get another one for free negro

What is hyperthreading even for? Just multitasking and rendering?

As a general public service, two pictures that anons may wish to save for reference and repost when the question comes up again.

I just had to email my nephew to explain why his AM3 mounting bracket/backplate cannot be used to mount a CPU cooling block on an AM4/Ryzen socket. Raijintek was kind enough to send me their updated brackets & backplate for free, which several other cooling block manufacturers are currently doing.

First pic is my AM3 backplate being used to mount an FX 8370 to an AM3+ socket. Yes, AM3/AM3+ is identical enough you can use the same bracket.

And here we see the AM4 mounting brackets plus backplate that Raijintek was kind enough to ship to me (in the U.S.) from Taiwan for free. Took about two weeks. Use their contact page:
- raijintek.com/en/raijintek_contact-us.php

Make a polite request, then they will send you an email asking for your shipping information and a copy of your invoice to prove ownership. I downloaded by invoice from Newegg and saved it as a PDF file, attached it to an email back to them, received universal mounting kit for their Ereboss cooling block. No drama.

Thank you, Raijintek.

Will the 8600k drop in price any time soon? Christmas/Boxing Day sale maybe? Or should I just pull the trigger now?

>Dropping in price
>Anything
>Ever

Feel free to provide sauce and links for your jootell disinfo shilling.

And, I missed the exact same model a couple weeks later when they were $94.99 each. The most reliable enterprise hard drive, bar none, in the world for under $24 per terabyte.

We live in an age of miracles. You just have to look hard enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=p--iuQhujqI
educate yourself brainlet

Asus b350 plus motherboard
Crucial 525gb m.2 SSD

I slotted the m.2 into the motherboard but I can't find the screws anywhere..
Does anyone know what screws I need or if I even need the screws?

Would they have come with the motherboard packaging?

>in which jootel chips require the same RAM to perform almost as well as Ryzen chips
> or outperform them by 3 or 4 faprates
> 16 GB CL 18 3600 MHz kits available for under $200
> somehow this is Ryzen chips requiring $400-$600 kits

jootell disinfo shill spotted in-thread

>CL 18
found the brainlet

Is the ACER XB252Q (24.5" 1ms 1920x1080 240Hz TN) a good monitor to get 200+ constant frames in AAA titles with a 1080ti and i7 8700k?

people keep saying you need a larger monitor to get the most out of the components but I'd rather have CONSTANT, SLIPPERY frames

>people keep saying you need a larger monitor to get the most out of the components

false. Optimal screen size is a function of resolution and viewing distance. What can matter is what refresh rates and connectivity the screen supports, whether it has extras like gsync, whether it can be overclocked, and how it handles those refresh rates(ghosting/overdrive)

I sit pretty close, so all I care about is the Frames, PPI

The monitor is advertised at 240Hz so I assume its like that out of the box or can be OC'd

I sit pretty close and would rather high frames than just having a large monitor, I like overkill -

is the PPI of a 1920x1080p at 24.5" inches around the same to the PPI of 2560x1440p at 27" or so?

What is ghosting/overdrive, this is the first time I've heard of these sorry

24.5 at 1920x1080 = 89.91 PPI
27 at 2560x1440p = 108.79 PPI

is this a drastic difference in clarity?

There were talks that the next lineup of Intel CPUs, the i5 9600K with 6 cores and 12 threads, would release in Q1 2018. Is that remotely true? Sounds like too early since Coffee lake just released and its supply is still laughable at best.

we live in dangerous and uncertain times user
I'd expect the i5 to have some kind of limitation compared to the i7 though like only having SMT/hyperthreading on the locked variant with low base clock and upper middle single core turbo (see: 8400)
intel are just like samsung, experts at creating artificial market separation in their product lineup to maximize profit

ZDTV/TechTV Screensavers was such a comfy show. Too bad the new one is shit.

no, the coffee lake lineup hasn't even been released yet you won't see another intel release for a long time.

Why are bequiet! liquid coolers not available in the USA?

Is this a bad score for a base clock cpu and 1060?

Base clock ryzen 1600x, sorry. TEst is time spy as well.

fire strike score

Some voices are telling me this CPU/GPU combination isn't working. Anyone agree/elaborate/got alternatives?
pcpartpicker.com/list/JLpxyf

Get a 8600k and 1060 6GB

8400 + 1060 6 I reckon

1080p?

hdready
1080p monitor is underway

I'm in it for 3D/CADmodelling/editing with some mild MP gaming. I'm honestly avoiding Coffee Lake like the plague because I'm not giving up w7

>mild mp gaming

thanks for screwing over all thw guys who only like single player you dick

>avoiding Coffee Lake like the plague because I'm not giving up w7
good fucking luck 7th gen doesn't support win7 either there are plenty of tools to add the usb drivers to win7 install image or if you have a PS/2 mouse or keyboard just use that
strongly suggest you either ignore manufacturers bullshit or use linux and a windows vm its a bunch of politics on microsoft's part

Is there are reason not to get the way cheaper 1060 cards like the zotac ones? Are they just bad, or something?

Is the rx 560 a nice little card to start gaming?

kek

Shit politics is right but updates can also easily be re-enabled on Kaby Lake, haven't heard the same about Coffee Lake so when I heard the 8400 is out of stock EVERYWHERE I immediately decided on previous gen

My TR4 combo dropped like 200 dollars over the course of a couple of days before I pulled the trigger, it's back up 150 bucks now so it is possible

in any other market would yoy buy from a brand callled zotac? is not then dont buy in this case

so you are happy ill have nothing to play? why are you such an asshole?

yes

I'm new to building pc's. I don't want to spend too much on it. Less than 600 cad. I heard the 7700k is a good processor is this a good price for one. If it is what should I pair with it.
m.newegg.ca/products/N82E16819113360

Family members I'm quite prone to static

>Feel it sometimes when I touch my oven or car door
>Extremely prone to it when I take my little niece off our trampoline

How do I avoid frying my parts

When will the retards realize the sli/crossfire meme is as dead as it gets? See them tards everywhere.

I got a Zotac 1060 6GB mini.
The cooler isn't good so I'm not overclocking. Other than that it's fine.

I have a palit super jet stream card, they aren't popular in the West but they are in Asia.

The card works just fine, quiet too.

Put a ground metal rod in your workspace

static is a meme
youll be fine

touch your oven before touching your parts

retard

give a friend a high five before putting together your new rig

Don't build near fabrics like carpeting. Wear anti-static equipment. Build on an anti-static mat. Dry areas are more conducive to static buildup than humid areas.

Anyone know if the hyper 212 evo will fit on an mini itx board? Gonna get the ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac specifically. Already have the cooler and ram from an older build, ram is some generic a-data, can't check right now, but I don't think it's low profile.

Googling only showed me a build that barely fits it, but on a micro atx board. Anyone know if the clearance is different? Trying to compare images, but can't tell.

>Build in the garage with your dryer on. Humid is better HURR
>t. Retard

I didn't say that you apex mongoloid. Suck my whole ass you absolute nonce. Go tank a bus you literal piece of hog shit.

Hey guys, I'm working on that low/middle tier gaming pc and I've come across this offer:
eprice.it/outlet-componenti-KINGSTON/d-11120043
16 gigs of ram for only 98 euros. The problem is, they're 1600hz. Is this worth it or is it just throwing money down the well?

>built tens of pcs and worked on them a lot
>most of the time on the carpet in my room wearing wool sweaters
>never had issues

Who the fuck wears anti-static equipment? Literally nobody but nerds.

Also, there's this one that costs 4 euros more but is 1866 hz
eprice.it/outlet-componenti-KINGSTON/d-10098172

Literally no one cares about static except for pasty autistic nerds. Take your own advice and work on your build with car exhaust and a closed garage since humid is better, retard.

>Who the fuck wears anti-static equipment?
People that want to take more precautions than you do.
Are you regularly this dumb in your day to day interactions, or is it a special dumb, reserved for Sup Forums?

t. fucks his boyfriend with 3 condoms and gloves on, and avoids kissing

cuck

Cool. What version? They look reasonably cheap and strong for the price

>I'm Eugene and I build my computer in a wooden shed standing on an anti static mat wearing an anti static wrist band while grounding myself with metal rod firmly up my arse

wow you dont sound the least bit autistic

soyboy

I'm pretty sure that the case is the limiting factor here, not the mobo

pic related is what what ive been using for a few years. really need an upgrade for cpu (maybe gpu, but thats another time)
>budget
up to $250
>usage
music production, light gaming,, heavy browsing (nightly)
plz help

>forgot pic
I'm a moron
Anyway pic related

weird. picture didnt post
eyyy...

A secondhand socket 1150 i5/7?

u think a i5-4590 would suffice?

Is there any actual dimensional difference in the intel 115X series?

I have a well regarded but chink Thermalright air cooler. Manual says it will fit 1151 sockets but doesn’t list it anywhere else on the box or other materials. They also provided a spacer to help distribute weight on the cpu considering it’s a big fucking rig. But it’s plastic. Should I worry about using the spacer considering it’s plsstic?

*an i5-4590

maybe if you learned English you wouldn't be so poor?

lol. is that a yes?