my next pc is gonna be TR or Epyc

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/News/q5R9EixxfAqo1anZ
asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77 Extreme4/#BIOS
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bet you’ll vote democrat next time too
have fun with the PSP
>nb4 brainlet thinks the text label on his chink BIOS that says it’s off actually means something

Arguing with paid posters.

For platform doesn't need the ME fix retard.
The vulnerable platforms are sky, kaby and coffe.

Not that Intel isn't shit, but Asus literally never update their shit

Most mobos only have an upgrade cycle of 6 months

The more expensive ones can have upgrades one year after their release and that's about it

It's not an Asus thing, everyone does it

Sure but I'm talking about all their products

>PSP exploits: 0
>ME explouts: dozens
I will keep PSP, thought it would be much better to get some PD Opteron's or at least some FX-83xx
/thread
Push for Coreboot and Libreboot if you want any kind of support

>but MY backdoor hasn't been exploited yet!
hey fanboy dipshit, just because nobody has come through the door yet with an entourage of tech """journalists""" in tow doesn't mean you still haven't left it wide open
a backdoor is a backdoor, you could have said the exact same thing about the ME once upon a time too

>a backdoor is a backdoor, you could have said the exact same thing about the ME once upon a time too
ARM TrustZone and AMD's code quality is way better than Intel's shitfest that doesn't go through any kind of validation

Hey dipshit an exploit isn't a back door
There's a reason governments pay millions of dollars for 0day to VR contractors, finding this shit is hard

my i7 laptop constantly locks up from what i suspect is that shitty hyperthreading erratus and the last firmware update was release in mid 2016. i think im just gonna buy a ryzen mobile and throw this thing in the trash

>AMD's code quality
You actually typed this.
In what fucking timeline is AMD known for "code quality", or for having decent "qaulity control"?

Patsburg w/ SB-E/IB-E is safe from the exploit. You could complain if your board did not get the beta bios for 16GB DDR3 sticks though. Only some Asus boards got that.

ASS'us said its gonna release bios for every shit they make to """fix""" that some time on january next year
>asus.com/News/q5R9EixxfAqo1anZ
it has always been a shit brand when it come to customer service anyways

Oh and I forgot to include that your MB is no longer being made, so... enjoy your ASS'us legacy product with no support from the company.

name 1 mobo brand that keeps updating their firmware

>not using me_cleaner.py

>take your .bin firmware to edit
>Asus firmware is .CAP

> >BIOS update: NEVER EVER
It's UEFI. Take an updated Intel ME binary from somewhere else and pack it yourself.

>not getting a bus pirate and a soic clip to read the firmware off the bios chip
>being this new

>not writing your own firmware for your own chipset design

With Ryzen and AM4 it's expected to get BIOS updates all the way to 2020. feelsgoodmon.jpg

>2020
>remove 2017 Ryzen 1600, insert 10nm Ryzen2 with 12 cores
>patch BIOS
>meanwhile 2017 Intel cucks replace whole setup

step it up, senpai

>keeps
here is a board from 5 years ago that got its bios updated a couple of months ago to ADD MORE FEATURES
asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77 Extreme4/#BIOS
please name an equal deal with asus. you wont because you cant

>P9X79 WS

It's from 2011. It has a BIOS update from 2015. That's perfectly normal length of support for most manufacturers, hell, most consumer grade motherboards would have stopped getting BIOS updates after a year or two.

>It's from 2011
practically 2012 (dec 2011)

And the BIOS update is july 2015.

That's still 4 and a half years.

still, for workstation-server tier shit, you'd think they'd patch such a gaping asshole

why waste money so much when 1600 is perfectly fine for years and 2020 sees current threadripper tier performance at same price

never understood fags who splerg more than 200 on cpu

>perfectly fine
I'm building this new pc for a specific purpose, work related. My 3930K/980Ti build is still fine for everything else. I need way MOAR COARS and THREADS for work.

AMD next batch of BIOSes is bringing an option to disable the PSP. That's already confirmed. Eat dicks, loser.

Retard

[ci ta tion nee ded]

ASRock already released UEFI with the option to disable PSP...

>option to disable PSP

>believing in placebo options
kek

>OMG GUISE IF SOMEONE GETS PHYSICAL ACCES TO MY PC IM FUKED

Fuck off cockmongling faggot. This is retarded. And inb4 some smart cuck shows up and says I'm an intelfag, the last cpu I bought was from AMD.

>not waiting six months for ryzen 2

>PHYSICAL
ME = network

>ryzen 2
they haven't said anything about threadripper tier CPU coming in that timeframe, so that may as well be 6 months after Ryzen 2

I am getting a talos workstation.

>not making a core 2 duo build, instead of getting pwned over something designed for children

With X99 boards you can just remove ME entirely.

Not sure about X79 though.

>talos workstation
tell me about them.

>being a corelet

Get ready to drop $7k+

It's weak as fuck fampai unless all you do is compile gee een ooo leenoox distros.

t. an user who could use as many cores as his computer can fit for work and still want more.

>this for 2x quad core
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

In the one we the competition literally shits out critical products with serious failures, like Avoton/Rangley and ME/AMT