Faked my way to get my bachelor in CS

>faked my way to get my bachelor in CS
>copied all my friends work, can barely program myself
>i can only do fizzbuzz and maybe a botched bubblesort implementation by hand
>need to use stack overflow for anything else
>i have very little knowledge of bigO notation and algorithms/data structures even though i took a class for this

am i fucked?

>>i can only do fizzbuzz and maybe a botched bubblesort implementation by hand
>>need to use stack overflow for anything else
>>i have very little knowledge of bigO notation and algorithms/data structures even though i took a class for this

sounds like the average programmer desu. you'll be fine.

Fuck no. No one knows what they're doing, and even if you're a prodigy, most employers who hire fresh out of college essentially assume you're a mongoloid anyway.

Fuck I'm 7 years into my code-monkey """career""" and I still look up the syntaxt for substring every now and then.

You are literally top 25% of all programmers.

>i can only do fizzbuzz and maybe a botched bubblesort implementation by hand

The irony is that this probably makes you better than most programmers out there. I've met 50 year old programming-veterans who can't implement a mergesort by hand.

What matters more is the ability to focus for long stretches of time, hit deadlines and work long hours without burning out. Vast bulk of problems have already been solved, it's just a matter of hammering them into whatever codebase/framework you've been told to use and being able to find and fix bugs

great, you can become a freelance web developer :^)

>am i fucked?
Half of my classmates can't even fizzbuzz.

>mergesort
Actually is a nice task for evaluating monkeys. I remember I couldn't do it before finishing a basic programming course.

That's true. I've sat in on a few interviews for new employees and mergesort is a good filter. That being said most people can't do it by hand, and our HR guy tends to be chill about it.

It's a high-pressure situation. People are gonna' fuck it up.

I also use SO, wikis and documentation when I am programming.
But now I am involved with supervising some students who cannot program and it takes a loooong time for them to do the simple things.

>am i fucked?
Yes. You're also fucking retarded.
God I hate CS students, even though I'm one of them.

You'll be fine. Worst case scenario is you'll end up like me, a PHP web dev cuck who don't need no algorithms because all he does is move data around. Guess some of us just aren't really software engineers.

I'd pat that lolis head owo

but you post good anime girls, there is hope

>I'd pat that lolis head owo

Calm down sicko.

No. I'm one myself... And I haven't been able completely learn and initiate stuff by developing programming skills.. Guess some people cannot program no matter what how much they want to.

OP is LARPing, you can't pass by copying and altering someone's work, especially not in CS because you need an appendix and they don't let students talk about the same or remotely same topics.

I want to hold hands with her

Delete this immediately. Police have been informed.

So you're just an average CS graduate?

Which is much better than anything you'll ever get.

I will hold her hand, give her head pats to make her smile, and even occasionally hug her

I want to suck on her toes

that depends on which university you go to

MODS

Is it weird the fact that I want to marry her feet?

I feel the same way user

Donald Trump is president, kiddo. Anyone can do anything if they set their mind to it and have rich parents. Considering the attention you payed to your studies,it seems you didn't pay for your classes. ;)

I agree

more tanned sluts

Does cosplay count?

get out

make me

Sup Forums is a board for tanned girls

>Fuck I'm 7 years into my code-monkey """career""" and I still look up the syntaxt for substring every now and then.
Basically this.

How did she get tan on the bottom of her feet?

it's not tan

Then what happened to her butt?

clearly she has been playing in the mud to test out that new material that repels mud and the likes. Seems to have been a success, her swimsuit is spotless

Programming isn't easy.

The state of this board.

>this entire thread

Sup Forums - Incompetence and lolies

Welcome to techloligy

Just wave your hands and try to sound smart then you'll be a head engineer.

Are all sluts equally welcome, or?

>using the smiley with the carat nose

:∆}

This tbqh. CS is filled with douches and fags. I switched to Computer Engineering, everybody here is chill as hell. Material is hard though.

>using the smiley with the triangle nose

:/\]

hahaha, I wish you were fucked, but the current state of "development" they will recruit anyone for ridiculous sums of money and then the regular IT-plebs will have to "fix" all the bugs with their regular black magic (i.e. reboot, clear webcache, format the computer, etc)

this.
no one gives a shit. i once had to implement a solution for patching a bunch of clients that could have been done by using git and really small shell scripts on client side.

Fuck you Nick

Sounds like the typical codemonkey 2bh.

>memorizing sorting algorithms == capable of producing quality software
welp, the inmates are officially running the asylum. This field is fucking cancer.

I think looking up the right syntax now and then thing is not a bad thing. The problem is if you have no idea how to search for something. Hell, I've seen people who couldn't use a book index.

Is this regex?

So what is CS and CE like over there? Where I live, from what I know CS is much more just theoretical stuff and they don't really do any programming. Whereas CE is mostly just practical stuff, we do programming exercises and projects and a miniscule amount of math and physics that we might need sometime maybe. So basically we're just code monkeys and they go much deeper into the inner workings of things but don't really use any of it in practice

CS here, can confirm that CE fags are the chillest in existence.

FUKKEN SAVED