What is life like here?

What is life like here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fD_iSqmypfg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lots of fat people, very brutal winters, tornadoes in Kansas and Nebraska, Minnesota is pretty nice at least. Also a lot of people of Scandinavian descent in that area.

Sharting Marts

Lots of emo bands come form there

like canada but warmer and with less welfare

Comfy and quite outside the big cities. Nothing interesting happens though.

you can split the region in two, chicago wisconson michigan ohio and then great plains

the first one is good, second is our version of siberia

Fat people sharting in marts like everywhere else in the US

Pretty comfy, m8. I just took a pie out of the oven, and I'm gonna make some bread with the leftover filling.

This

i lived in omaha for ~10 years. the midwest is America's best kept secret. it's only place where the middle class is still booming.

plains > rust belt

Plains seem like the best region outside of New England, 2bh.

nice graphs autismo but if you stay outside the ghettos in detroit chicago and flint youre actually in civilization as well as have top tier nature/landscape

>if u ignore the large swaths of poor and violent people, it's p nice here
lmao. you can say that about any dump.

major cities are shit

SHARTy

any region is better than the south

because ignoring 100 square miles of the entire area listed is so hard

there is literally nothing in the plains/indiana, i drove through it once and felt bad for the people living there.

>tfw southerner
It's sad but true.

My favorite movie reviewers are from milwaukee wisconsin.

Chicago is great, my favorite big city in america.

Minneapolis, Indianapolis, and Columbus are pretty cool if you want a more low-key big city.

Stay away from Kansas City, St. Louis, Detroit, Cincinatti, Milwaukee, and Cleveland.

Green Bay has a great sports culture.

Other than that, the rural areas in the northern midwestern states are almost like canada, watch fargo if you're interested in that area

Mostly pretty boring states though especially ones like kansas and nebraska. IMO the midwest is the worst region in the US, but some like it. It's mostly flat and not very scenic but there are lots of lakes in places around Minnesota and of course you have the great lakes.

The weather is also fucking horrible in this part of the country.

youtube.com/watch?v=fD_iSqmypfg

it's not bad but living in a medium city sucks if you're young because it feels like most young people want to leave to go to gigantic mega cities like Chicago and NYC

I'm glad you asked! Being born and raised in Minnesota, you get around a lot in the other states. But as for Minnesota, it's really cozy. I grew up in a small farming town, so I got to have the true midwest experience. When I think of like, true working America I think of the midwest, and all the farms and businesses that are alive and well in this area.

Minnesota just has such a nice vibe to it as well. In the nicer part of the Twin Cities it is just great to be (obviously there's shitty parts of the city, like any metro area). But the smaller town, the towns on the Mississippi, Duluth; they're all gems. I really love it here and I will always hold it in high regard wherever i end up.

I'm also the most stereotypical Minnesotan so if you have questions I can answer them.

looks tasty lad :3

do you have the accent?

How expensive is housing there?

How Scandinavian is your heritage?

different user here

the accent is real but very few sound as extreme as 'fargo'

I'm mostly German, but my grandmothers family is Norwegian/Swedish. She knows a bit of Norwegian.
It really depends on the area. I want to say in the cities you could get a one bedroom for around 1000USD~. A friend of mine had a nice two bedroom apartment for about 1500$ around the university of Minnesota, which was in a nice area. But if you're living in one of the smaller town/suburbs, you could get around 600USD~ or less for a one bedroom. I have two roommates currently and am paying around 300USD.
I have it and it comes out stronger sometimes than others. As said it's normally not as extreme as Fargo, but it's very real.

Strangely some of the highest standards of living and highest IQs in the country, at least the more west and northern ones. Not Ohio and Indiana

Not really sure why either

Well, it is the whitest part of the country.

Not really? Shit tons of natives there. The Northeast is less white and does better in most if not all measurements too

Don't listen to this guy. NE Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnisotta have plenty of natural beauty.
Pretty nice, and practical. The economy is nice, there is a good deal of recreation that it done on the rivers and lakes. If you live in a good town you have good internet. Most of us are German, Scandy, or Irish in heritage.

Also remove Ohio, and Michigan. We don't talk about them.

Midwest is too depressing.

Don't mind me, I'm just seizing this opportunity for posting some sharting images, since janny seems to be incredibly buttblasted about the whole subject :^)

The best football comes from there

>fuck the SEC

>Ask a Midwesterner anything

On a scale of 1-10, how comfy is life there?

How 'bout dem Packers, hey?

Stop.

Flyover

its OK.

Depends on how you want life, I say it's pretty comfy, quiet, but still you can find things and excitement if you look for it.

I don't watch football

To answer your question on scale though, 10/10 if you want a quiet place to live and keep your guns and not have much trouble, 6/10 if you want a melting pot of culture and excitement and activity

good. i hope you shitskins keep flying over us so you don't bring down our living standards or ruin our low crime rates.

Sounds perfect tbqh. But i think i'd miss living near mountains.

That's one thing that bothers me about it, the lack of scenery, I have nothing but farmlands outside of town, with hills here and there. Sometimes it feels like I'm on an island

I live in north dakota and its just a lot of farmland and white people so it's really nice actually

no giant spiders or deadly snakes. thats my favorite part of living in that area

extremely boring

decaying rural life, suffocating isolation in the suburbs

downtown chicago and its immediate surrounding neighborhoods are cool

other than that it's all shit

Is that leftmost column of states actually considered midwestern? I always thought the midwest was characterised by the great lakes and heavy industry. North Dakota to me seems to have more in common with Montana than with Chicago or Detroit.

it probably would be best to lump the dakotas, nebraska, montana and wyoming together desu

the minnesotan accent is a meme. things like fargo ham it up a ton, and people in the twin cities don't even have a hint of the accent.

i want to move to north dakota now

I stay in Wisconsin when I'm in the US and what they said was accurate. I do like it there though.

it's fucking shit I'd rather live in Russia

I like the outdoors so pretty boring. If you're into hunting and fishing wisconsin and minnesota are good but I like climbing, mountaineering, and skiing.

I want to move to Washington sooner or later but my career might not allow that.

>I want to move to Washington sooner or later

you and the entire rest of the country

in fact you're running late, hurry up, waiting lists to check out an apartment are already a month long

I assume they mean Western Washington; I doubt people are forming a large line for Spokane 2bh.

Chicago gets a bad rap, but in reality, is pretty safe, you just need to know who to stay away from, and that the southside isnt safe.
Also, because its midwest, the people are way friendlier than dumps like New York.

Relatively comfy until summer hits and the humidity is %200000000000000000000

>lots of fat people

This isn't the south m8

An interesting little thing to do is compare high black concentrated states to high obesity states, what a weird coincidence it correlates so well

well no shit

in which case everything i said is perfectly applicable

Save for Chicago and Detroit, yes.

Many of those just correlate to the low population great plains.

Not spending much on housing compared to say Illinois? No fucking shit

Lower homicide rates? No big cities with ghettoes where all the homicide happens

I am digging the IQ one though, topkek California you self righteous borderline retarded cocks

What's wrong with Milwaukee m8 other than the recent nogs rioting in the ghetto

There aren't "shit tons" of natives anywhere...

Go to the south or southwest or metropolitan east and see how not white it is

>mfw accidentally shart before entering mart

I've been in Florida for a bit more than a year for college and the weather is really pissing me off atm. Other than that, it's alright. The north though is way better

I've enjoyed living here near Columbus area in Ohio. I'm far enough out of the city to not have to be rushed. I can drive into downtown within 40 minutes and crash with my buddies after a night of drinking. Rent is cheap, land is plentiful, people are friendly, and the greenery goes on for miles.

I took time to be in DC for a while. I never realized how much I missed rolling hills, forests, and the Appalachians. The city is great if you can deal with the constant hum that underpins everything. It got to me after a while.

I know I enjoy it. I'd recommend it for anyone that wants to try. Make sure you have two good coats: one for rain and one for snow, and be ready for people to say 'fer' instead of for.

Kinda a shame, since Eastern Washington is pretty comfy, but then again, Seattle and that area is where the stuff is.

I'm from Wichita and Kansas City metro. It's alright if not kinda dull. I feel like I'm witnessing everywhere get less and less white by the year though.

YOu don't get to go "GOSH!" and tell someone to go back to Sup Forums when they have correctly given one reason why the region actually has an objectively high standard of living. I'm not that guy by the way.

When you have large numbers of white people (or, more broadly, a greater degree of racial homogenity, whatever that race may be), then you have a higher-trust society as an inevitable consequence. This in turn leads to greater societal cooperation, and if the race in question are actually smart (white, asian, jewish), then they can deploy their surplus time and social capital toward technology, actually living well and doing whatever it is that they actually want to do, etc, without constantly trying to cheat or kill each other, or at least not nearly so frequently as certain other races. Or, most importantly, when you have a bunch of races thrown together.

Here's another true reason why the people of the midwest, even if they aren't white, give rise to an intelligent population, to go along with the already correctly indicated high standard of living:

Whoever they are, white, black, mexican, the people who live in the midwest have to get through a real, straight-up winter, every single year. Having to do this over and over again really will smarten up a population. It's not a meme.

I am always happy to hear other anons voice this opinion. Whereever you are that isn't here, by all means stay there.

I want to move to North Dakota and breed with an ethnically pure shy, and simple Norwegian farm girl.

I've been to Washington (Seattle). The landscape was nice but the people were god-awful smug liberals, to a person. Liberal is one thing, these people were actually vocal cunts about it.

Seattle is located in King County, which was originally named after William Rufus King before they changed it in 2005 to be named after MLK Jr.

minnesota here.

>winter
>wake up at 8am
>pitch black outside, windows fully covered with snow
>check local news
>disheveled weatherman with PTSD waves hand over map showing -40 degrees across the state and 6ft of snow
>schools all still open
>get my snowshoes and trek through the blizzard to get to my bus stop 20ft away
>takes me 3 hours but i finally arrive
>bus with 2 eskimo students in it pulls up
>i get on
>immediately crash into a snowbank
>arrive at school 11 hours late

summer
>step outside
>air so humid i start choking until i collapse
>burst into flames as i hit the 400 degree sidewalk and die
>canadian goose desecrates my corpse
>still better than winter

we have the greatest temperature variations of any state iirc.

rich white people who are isolated and bored tend to complain a lot.

t. me

God damn

lol such cuckoldry

>I assume they mean Western Washington; I doubt people are forming a large line for Spokane 2bh.
I wish I could move there. Spokane is actually pretty cool now, and I say that as someone from Seattle. Seattle is an overcrowded hellhole where a 1 bedroom is 2k/mo. It's all entitled yuppies now too, so the culture is not even good.

Minnesota winters are much better than Minnesota summers. I've lived here all my life by the way, and I say the same thing when it actually is winter, without flip-flopping. Extreme cold is somewhat exhilirating for me, and not the depression that it is for others.

I just plain deeply hate hot weather in general. I don't think I could tolerate living in a place like Texas or Arizona, just based on that one reason alone. Much rather be in Alaska, or elsewhere in the midwest, say.

It's pretty nice

Because of the niggers there. The violence is worse there with actual chalk lines on the sidewalk from where people were shot years ago

My uncle alternated growing up between Seattle and Utah, and due to bad memories in the latter likes to think of Seattle as his hometown. He also had friends who lived in Queen Anne forever before moving out very recently.

My Dad also visited Portland in the 1980s back when it was a run-down ghetto. How things have changed.

Jeffery Dahmer is also from Milwaukee.

The bears are better

How would Portland be a ghetto? It's white as hell and I would assume in the 80s it was even more so.

I was born in Cleveland. The best things about the midwest is extremely affordable combined with decent wages. The worst things are that it's boring and the sun never fucking shines (at least in northern Ohio)

From what my Dad has told me, this was when both the timber and salmon industries had both collapsed, and that, while not a ghetto in the racial sense, it was a dump because of that.

lived in the farmland outside of toledo for most of my life, recently moved to manhattan for school
grew up around lots of drugs, corn, and crippling depression caused by boredom
columbus is pretty nice though

I once drove back on a road trip from Chicago through Milwaukee, for the express purpose of seeing the site of the old Dahmer apartment building (now a vacant lot). It's kind of up on a hill, a few "do not loiter/photograph/etc" signs are around the block, not loudly proclaiming the site.

A few hours later, that very same day, I rolled past the old site of the Ed Gein property, which was razed shortly after his crimes. It too is mostly a vacant lot, although there's a few shed structures around there.

John Wayne Gacy's house was also demolished during the investigation, but IIRC that was to make room for searching for the bodies. Americans do have a tendency to demolish things of murderers, I believe to keep a ton of tourists out of the area.

As I rolled past both sites (esp. the Gein site), I entertained the serious possibility that a cop might stop me and say um wtf are you doing here. I was prepared to be truthful; both sites are adjacent to public roads (which I stayed on), and I visited both in broad daylight. Happily there were no cops.

some kid trespassed on the Gein property and uploaded it to youtube. He was looking to get shot!

I'd imagine the cops would know about people looking at the sites, although at the same time I'd think they would be there more thoroughly for trespassers.

Missouri here. Every day I wake up knowing that nothing eventful will happen to me, besides the occasional mugging or murder. I want out, I want to end it. The south doesn't want us, the north laughs at us, the world thinks we hate blacks, and the only drug here is meth.
All we are is shittier Illinois.

MN has one of the best education systems in the US, the midwest in general does actually. Minnesota is also healthy, the rest suck though.

Kansas City is pretty nice, 2bh. And St. Louis has a nice arch and is doing far better than Metro East.

Why the fuck would you eat that, it looks wonderful but you're risking ya health.