Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 Release Notes

support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-17.12.1-Release-Notes.aspx

What happened to these magical primitive shaders, AMD fags?

Other urls found in this thread:

hardforum.com/threads/amd-plans-to-release-vega-refresh-in-2018.1949215/
bitsandchips.it/52-english-news/8053-welcome-back-asynchronous-compute-queues-gcn-1-0
youtube.com/watch?v=1FaghGZSVME
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they're not fucking there
>mfw bought vega 64

We've already been told that they are broken on the silicon level. Rajas team shat it out like that, went off to party, and let the driver team clean it up; except that it couldn't be cleaned up, they need a new revision which is coming next year.

It's why the card has so low availability. They are not wasting money in mass producing it, it was released this way only because they made a promise to investors.

>It's why the card has so low availability. They are not wasting money in mass producing it,
Vega stocks went to iMac Pro, they are releasing it this month.

shoo shoo, uarch magic drivers shill

Go back to hardcuck forum kyle.

hardforum.com/threads/amd-plans-to-release-vega-refresh-in-2018.1949215/

>The hardware is done: it just doesn't work as intended.

>Ideally, after the drivers' team found issues with the hardware, the hardware's team would then make another hardware revision and sent it to the drivers' team.

>Because Vega is already late, Raja basically made the decision to release hardware as-is and make the drivers' team workaround the quirks in the hardware.

>As for the source, not only does he have to make workarounds for the quirks, he then get blamed when features don't work.

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT!

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH!

shoo shoo, magic drivers shill

What happened to the forever disabled GNC 1.0 async :^)

huh? sorry, I never owned a gcn 1.0 card and wasn't following gpu tech that closely back then

raja really fucked up big time on vega

well, good riddance than. hope he poo's right into intlel now

Except it's not broken and was measured. Whatvtheyre trying to do is significant and harder than what most code monkeys can do. It's not a trivial task at all

got a question for this. How come Prim Shaders and other stuff seems working on their Pro-drivers for workloads?

>dsbr is broken even though linux driver devs said it's fully functional
>no I'm not a liar who has no idea what I'm talking about and has a history of shitting of AMD on various forums

Async was supposedly broken at a silicon level on those, turned out to be fine.
bitsandchips.it/52-english-news/8053-welcome-back-asynchronous-compute-queues-gcn-1-0

Prim shaders aren't working anywhere. Dsbr is fully functional in productivity apps with Vega frontier pro drivers and were implemented in consumer Vega drivers not too long ago but not activated by default because performance may actually go down. Contrary to what people believed it's not just a free performance boost. There's a reason why tile based rendering uarchs were mostly found in mobile gpus for years long before any of the principles came to desktop. Yes in same cases it can help but sometimes it doesn't, especially since binning into tiles ultimately introduces an overhead that must be smaller than the time saved. Add to the fact that GCN already has poor compute utilization because of a choked front end and the tile based binning is less likely to offer big improvements since most of the benefits come from the fact that tbr reduces total shading time by doing culling to remove extraneous data that would otherwise require shading

>I make stuff up
The Post™

>dsbr is broken in hardware I swaer I'm not lying!

interesting, took them 5 years to enable it on those cards, doesn't bode well for vega judging by that

>it'll be fixed by august
>it'll be fixed by september
>it'll be fixed by october
>i'm sure this time that the november update will fix it
>december guys. it's coming with the sequel to relive.
>actually you have to wait until the refresh guys

>actually you have to wait until navi
>no see after navi+ drops, everything will be alright
>hold onto your hats for whatever the fuck comes after navi guys, radeon will finally be good again, we swear

JUST WAIT™

Don't you have some more fake slides to create? Maybe this time WCCFtech will fall for it.

Is that the best you can parrot? Where did AMD officially promised a timeline?

You know what, i'm going to buy ampere next year. I'm tired.

WAIT NAVI, ESTEEMED SIR
DO THE NEEDFUL

Check these massive 20% gains!

/thread

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
AMD SUPPORTS MINERS

Yo, people keep posting that, but if you read the first few posts there the guy says
>source, my ass

>tfw there are no good high end GPUs on the market currently
what the fuck happened Sup Forums

Cool, they added custom themes for the control panel.

Meanwhile Nvidiots are using some garbage control panel from 2006 KEK

>wait months for inferior hardware
>pay extra for your loud space heater
>wait some more months for magic drivers
>m-muh themes
Can't make this shit up

why would I buy this piece of shit

Because it's the best high end card on the market.

youtube.com/watch?v=1FaghGZSVME

>poor vega

>finally open sourcing vulkan linux drivers
Slow clap

>AMDTV

there are qualities and flaws a GPU can have other than just framerates

with nvidia I know I'll be getting shitty drivers on both my operating systems and will constantly be contending with the fact that my vfio setup might break after any driver update since they absolutely don't want me to do anything of the sort

if all I did was play vidya on windows then sure I'd get one

but he made a video saying Radeon is dead, Vega is trash and Nvidia won with Volta.

Like that's not just more click shilling.

>no Vega 64 non-stock included

I enjoy his videos but he has a clear bias in favor of AMD

praising vega would be the death of his credibility but you damn well know when AMD makes anything decent he's going to over-exaggerate the fuck out of it

>over-exaggerate
Adrenaline is objectively GOAT

Nvidia dug their own grave with forced accounts and moving telemetry from geforce experience to the driver.

God. Raja is the worlds greatest snake oil salesman.

>themes
Wow, what an amazing use of resources. It's not like fixing actual issues should be a priority or anything

>being this autistic that you think the theme implementation is anything other than 1 guy on his spare time in 1 weekend for a couple of hours

No support for Windows 8.1? The fuck?

Did you buy this for your wife's son, Sven?

>"We no longer support Windows 8.1 officially with consumer postings. If users want to use the Windows 7 driver on Windows 8.1 then that is their choice."

Of the two custom cards that were released last week, there isn't much difference

He's not biased, bro, he's just honest about how we got where we are. The only way you'd think he has a bias is if you're either too young to remember the stuff he made videos about or if you just weren't into PC graphics at the time. Nvidia's marketing has been so good that I had friends who recommended the GTX 260 over the HD 4870 despite the RTG card performing identically and costing much less. I still have my 4870. I did the research about those cards myself. It was my first GPU purchase and I knew nothing about Nvidia or ATI at the time, only that years earlier, the 9800 had been the king of GPUs. When he talks about that stuff on his channel, it's not a bias toward AMD, it's that he's pointing out that AMD had comparable or better technology for years, which is just a matter of fact. However, after his video saying the GPU war is over, he's not bothered talking much about that anymore, since it's no longer relevant.

You might consider that you're the one with the bias, since I know first hand that there's been an Nvidia bias for at least ten years.

The state of AMD fanboys, everyone. Defending any amount of time spent on THEMES when the products are broken

>AMD is starting to realise that they make more money with miners than gamers
>they will slowly start doing more and more mining optimization, disregarding gamers
>gamers will be forced to use novideo to waste their time playing shitty console ports
>nvidia will fuck them even harder with even more jewery, as seen with founders edition and the 3000$ titan Sup Forums edition
>gaming will be so expensive, only richfags will be able to afford it
>pc gaming will die in your lifetime
>Sup Forums will finally be free of Sup Forums toddlers
THANK YOU, BASED MINERS!
THANK YOU, BASED AMD!

who the fuck plays shitty games on Sup Forums?

Thanks, I see, wasn't aware. I wonder how big of a backlash there was for that announcement?

test

Pcper interviews amd on the driver on youtube

a link would be pretty great

Ooooh, smells like lawsuit material.
I thought Lisa was smart enough to remember fucking Llano mess.

it isn't, but who can afford a titan v?

mimimimimi

Like everybody who has at least 0.2 BTC at hand.

>no adrenalin edition for legacy drivers
Fug.

It's only lawsuit material if they advertise support for it for any specific product. If some general tech slides counted Nvidia could be sued for not delivering Vulkan support for Fermi.

literally everyone including you but you pretend that you don't to impress other insecure faggots you'll never meet.

Someone might mod them to support older cards

They advertised said features in context of Vega10 silicon.
That's why it's a lawsuit material.

>literally bloatware and no performance gains for vega

Has anyone installed it on an 8.1 machine? I have not upgraded to 10 on any of my machines.

Where? Point the context.

Good thing I haven't updated yet, thanks OP.

If everyone got sued over proposed technology that didn't pan out, we'd still be in the stone age. Don't be stupid. AMD didn't advertise these features in a product that they were releasing to market, so they're fine. The silicon itself is not the product, it's a technology. If what you're saying was true, Nvidia, AMD, and Intel could all be sued for not enabling all features on every chip they sell.

>trust pajeets engineering the hardware

>Added new Connect tab which houses new social engagement features.
i'm autistic so this worthless
>Added new Gallery tab for Radeon ReLive recording file management, video trimming, and social platform sharing functionality.
again, autistic so who gives a shit about recording gay vidya? anyways there's the cpu for that
>Added new Accounts tab to connect ReLive content and upload sharing to social platforms
look, more bullshit social crap
>Added new Resource Center tab highlighting informative guides and instructions for Radeon Software features.
you have to be mentally challenged to not be able to figure out the control center. stop catering to the fucking normies who shouldn't even be using a computer in the first place
>Added new Performance Monitoring tab.
ok this is interesting
>Added three UI themes for Radeon Settings customization.
again, worthless.
>Added new AMD Link tab to connect Radeon Settings to the AMD Link mobile application. For more information on AMD Link visit here.
oh, look, more botnet garbage
>Added new Overlay feature (default ALT+R) allowing management of certain Radeon Settings features while in-game or on desktop such as Radeon ReLive, Radeon FreeSync, Radeon Chill, Frame Rate Target Control, Display Color, and Performance Monitoring.
steam does this. this is stupid as all it will create is more is more bugs for zero gain
>Added performance monitoring overlay to display system performance metrics in DirectX® 9, 11, 12, and Vulkan™ applications.
afterburner does this and it actually works. stupid amd stop being bloat like nvidia
>Added performance logging feature to save performance metrics to a file.
again, afterburner.
> Radeon ReLive garbage
garbage
>Radeon Chill garbage
worthless
>Enhanced Sync
just get a freesync display
>Radeon WattMan
again, should be removed. afterburner does this
>Frame Rate Target Control - added vulkan support
cool, but they need to support window mode

If you hate nVidia with passion, then wait for something pajeets shitting.

> stop catering to the fucking normies
That's what GUIs are for. Too cool for this world? Don't use a GUI for the driver.

>Radeon FreeSync - Added per-application Radeon FreeSync support.
about fucking time. only took them 3 years. now they need to add window freesync support
>OverWatch™ may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations.
they should have never fixed this as no one should be playing overwatch
>Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege may experience an application hang when breaching walls with grenades or explosives.
who cares. like no one plays that garbage. waste of resources
>Netflix playback in a browser or via UWP application may experience stutter.
supporting the botnet. worthless
>After recording with Radeon ReLive GPU usage and clocks may remain in high states.
again, relive is garbage and shouldn't be in the drivers
>Assassin's Creed®: Origins may experience bright or saturated lighting in cave missions.
wey waz kang n' shiet
>Mass Effect Andromeda™ may have issues enabling HDR10 on an HDR capable display.
lmfao are there people who actually still play that sjw garbage???
>Forza™ Horizon 3 may experience corruption on rocks or foliage during gameplay.
hurrr i play driving gaymes xDDDDDdddd
>Halo™ Wars 2 may experience a crash on game launch.
only good halo game was first halo
>Enabling HBCC on Radeon RX Vega in multi GPU system configurations may cause the secondary graphics card to be hidden in Radeon Settings until reboot.
no one should have more than one gpu
>Resizing the Radeon Settings window may cause the UI to restart or hang with HBCC enabled.
finally an actual fix worthy of a note and resources

overall what a shit release. only one valid fix and like two at most cool new features.

>The state of AMD fanboys
suck my dick fagget

>Disclaimer
>(RS-198) Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of November 8th, 2017 on the 8GB Radeon RX Vega 56, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700X CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With the highest preset on Battlefield 1 and Rocket League at 1920x1080, the Radeon RX Vega 56 scored 117.4 and 161.2 FPS, respectively, with Radeon Software 17.11.1. While recording, the Radeon RX Vega 56 scored 113.7 and 158.2 FPS, respectively, creating a 3.2% and 1.9% FPS overhead. Using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, the Radeon RX Vega 56 scored 116.65 and 160.2 FPS, respectively. While recording, the Radeon RX Vega 56 scored 114.16 and 159.1 FPS, respectively, creating a 2.1% and 0.7% FPS overhead. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-198
so...
>Radeon Software 17.11.1
>battlefield 1 - 117.4
>Rocket League - 161.2
>Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition
>battlefield 1 - 116.65
>Rocket League - 160.2
so virtually no difference. hahahahaha

also love how they use a 7700k and not one of their own ryzen. like they know ryzen is shit

>update nvidia driver
>telemetry up the ass
>bloat up the ass
>with each update, your card gets slower
JUST

>i'm autistic

i believe you

It wasn't 5 years, it was enabled at beginning, then they've disabled it because it caused troubles and people started to blame thos troubles on a hardware.

>Whatvtheyre trying to do is significant and harder than what most code monkeys can do. It's not a trivial task at all

They are half a year late by now.

Admit it, it just doesn't work. They need new silicon.

>Be me
>Never owned anything from ATi/AMD
>Get constantly called an AMD fanboy by nvi/g/ia

you are beyond retarded

How meany years Fermi DX12 was delayed? 3 was it?

>They need new silicon.
But they dont.
The problem is that implementing something for canned benchmark and for the actual applications is different.

That makes you extra retarded

Fucking Raja.

>Because Vega is already late, Raja basically made the decision to release hardware as-is and make the drivers' team workaround the quirks in the hardware.

This is what happens if you leave a software pajeet in charge.

chill is actually pretty fucking good
>but my mom pays for power
are your opinions are therefore worthless

hate or not in the end their products are awful

the app is comfy

why? I talk objectively and nvidia cucks get triggered. by the time I want to a new pc, I get whatever is the best option for me, no matter what fucking brand.

Except he was the cto for ATI and led them while they were doing their BEST work, i.e. hd4000 and hd5000. Also, you don't get to just launch your product on your own like that. It needs coordination with other departments and approval from some higher exec and/or collaboration with business execs in charge of distribution and the legal team. RTG was a division of AMD, not a separate company. The guy saying that crap has probably never worked in any non-trivial position in a large company. Any decisions that Raja made were ultimately okayed by several other people

for
what
purpose?

also how does it control your GPU remotely? isn't that a gaping security risk now?

>Never owned anything from ATi/AMD
>talk objectively
Ok.