How does Sup Forums protect itself against all these new fancy java website crypto miners?

How does Sup Forums protect itself against all these new fancy java website crypto miners?
hard mode: no java uninstallation and no noscript addon

Other urls found in this thread:

hearthglen.org/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nominer-block-coin-miners/
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Blocking-mode:-medium-mode
twitter.com/AnonBabble

uMatrix
uBlock Origin

This desu
You have mined: nothing

Why both? What does uMatrix do that uBlock Origin doesn't?

go to hearthglen.org/ and check your taskmanager
while the miner is not active, it's in an endless start up loop and still gives you more cpu usage

By browsing Gopherholes instead

XHR. Remember ekansovi?

I dunno lad, doesn't seem to do anything for me, as you'd expect if you don't allow scripts to run at all. I'm using both uMatrix and uBlock and block everything by default, even 1st party.

ublock's blacklist is just malware and tracking and such right? If you go with only uBlock to a site like twitch you'll still have a few dozen scripts running, most of which you don't really need to use the site, or some may be third party. uMatrix blocks it all if you tell it to.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nominer-block-coin-miners/

>this
>hard mode

Yes by default. For good protection you should run uBlock in "noscript" mode

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Blocking-mode:-medium-mode

Basically that but block ALL scripts.

did you mean javascript? no one has java installed.

Shiet, I had no idea this was hidden in there. umatrix panel seems a bit more convenient though.

Yeah, if you're already using uMatrix you should just leave uBlock be unless you have to add cosmetic rules.

Why would I allow to run ramdon scripts in my browser?

>>What does uMatrix do that uBlock Origin doesn't?
>XHR
You sure about that?

You need a special rule for that. uMatrix can block all XHR by default. You can get the same effect in uBO as well but I think it blocks images and css too.

I changed exactly nothing and it blocked that shit. I've never even heard of this until now.

what the fuck, xhr is a resource request just like any other, why would it be treated differently?
fucking current state of Sup Forums...

uBO lets it pass as it has no specific filter for it like uMatrix does. You can of course block all 3rd party requests, but even in that case the 1st party XHR won't be blocked.

UBO does this by default.

>javascript miner

jokes on you, i only have a core 2 so you aint getting any money