HOW TO FIX WINDOWS 10

A guide for Power User folks who hate UWP/Modern apps, Cloud, Telemetry & tabletish GUI of Windows 10, but want to use it for Win32/Win64 API software anyway.
Let's make this go viral Sup Forums.

1. If you have Home, Pro or other standard edition of Windows 10 for normies - download .iso image of Enterprise LTSB 2016, make bootable pendrive using Rufus and format your entire HDD.

2. Perform clean installation of Enterprise LTSB 2016, during the installation make sure to not click "Use express settings", uncheck everything privacy-related instead and make Local Account, remember to NEVER use Microsoft account.

3. After installation use newest version of KMSAuto Net to activate it, then reboot.

4. After first reboot let it download security updates and other crap thru Windows Update.

5. Go to “Privacy” settings of Windows 10 and disable EVERYTHING there, then click on search icon in the left down corner near Start Menu icon and make sure to disable search history there, open Windows Defender and disable: Cloud-based protection & Automatic sample submission; you can also install different antivirus later on if you wish.

6. Download WPD from getwpd.com/ and use it to disable additional Telemetry/Spying garbage, DON’T USE Spybot Anti-Beacon, O&O ShutUp10 and other privacy tools, all of those are not fully compatible with Enterprise LTSB 2016 edition of Windows 10, only WPD is.

Other urls found in this thread:

openbsd.org
hardenedbsd.org/
ghostbsd.org
trueos.org
actrons.info/ame.html
the-eye.eu/public/MSDN/Windows 10/
github.com/adolfintel/Windows10-Privacy
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/waas-overview#long-term-servicing-channel
twitter.com/AnonBabble

7. Torrent cracked version of StartIsBack++ and install it. It will replace that new ugly UWP Start Menu of Windows 10 with Windows 7-style Start Menu, you can also use ClassicShell which is free, but StartIsBack++ is way better and faster, you just need to crack it.

8. Click WinKey + R combination to open Run and type: gpedit.msc, go to: User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Start Menu and Taskbar, find “Disable showing balloon notifications as toasts” there and Enable, it will replace those new smartphonish “Toast” notifications into classical “Balloon” notifications known from Windows XP and Windows 7.

9. Do the same as above, but for: “Remove Notifications and Action Center”, it will remove that smartphonish Notification Center (right-sided bar) that we all hate.

10. Go to: Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Accounts -> Change User Account Control settings, move the slider to the bottom (Never Notify), click OK.

11. Reboot to apply all changes and enjoy clean, bloat-free, Power User friendly version of Windows 10.

>clean
After downloading cracked virus shit

LTSB is a meme, don't use it unless you want software and drivers that don't work

Also Education is the same as Enterprise except it does not have Cortana. You can get an Education iso from Microsoft a lot easier than the Enterprise one.

>2018
>still believing in anti-piracy propaganda that reliable crackers infect .exe files on purpose

>closed source activator
kek'd

>don't use it unless you want software and drivers that don't work
What software doesn't work?. I've used LTSB on many desktop PCs and never had any issue.

Just install the LTSB or use Windows 7, you retarded fuck. If you aren't using any Windows specific programs then install Debian or Fedora.

>closed source
Except that you can compile KMS server yourself, fag, there's source code on MDL forum.

Are you playing dumb or just a moron?
Check the sha1 with ms' checker tool, and if you're THAT paranoid, you can always download a copy from the MS servers using certain tools.

download MY botnet bloat utility, it's better than their bloatnet utility.
(install gentoo)

Thanks for this guide user
Really appreciate it, I was just going back to installing Windows 10 LTSB after Antergos KDE failed me with it's bloat and crap

bullshit it works on 2016

I prefer the toast style, tb.h.

Followed this via a reddit post half a year ago up to step 6 basically, except I used Spybot.

What do about WPD?

>fell for the archmemebuntu distro
how about using an actual OS?
openbsd.org
hardenedbsd.org/
ghostbsd.org
trueos.org

Let me guess - you've never tried it.

I have 3 computers at home on LTSB with a mix of devices, no problems.

. Torrent cracked version of StartIsBack++ and install it. It will replace that new ugly UWP Start Menu of Windows 10 with Windows 7-style Start Menu, you can also use ClassicShell which is free, but StartIsBack++ is way better and faster, you just need to crack it.
>using the start menu and not the poweruser menu

I am one of the guys working on AME.
actrons.info/ame.html

Here is the problem with what you suggested OP:

Windows will ignore most of those spyware mitigation methods entirely.

As anons have been pointing out when scrutinizing our AME builds (which we have been improving on vastly), there is a gargantuan amount of http requests and related traffic active, when using the methods you suggested, which in fact constitutes what we would consider "spyware" type of activity. Even after our initial hefty attempts at removing these services directly, which cuts down SIG ificantly on the related traffic (even though the related services had been disabled prior to deleting them), we still find more and more affected hidden services and backups of services in the system.

I would love to simply be able to use LTSB in the way you suggest, as it seems quite the comfy approach, but it simply does not do the job ;(

>Go to “Privacy” settings of Windows 10 and disable EVERYTHING there

Anyone know a pay per permanetly kill the anti pirate serivce, "microsoft software platform"? I torrent a lot and the only ways i know to kill it is to regedit and restart but it reverts my change later, or kill it with processhacker2.

fuck off with this fucking wallpaper holy shit, this should be banned for advertising

>TURNING OFF UAC

you absolute fucking retard

Why do you tards insist on running everything as a superuser?

>TSB is a meme, don't use it unless you want software and drivers that don't work

>look at me I'm retarded and I come to threads to shit fake bullshit because my life is sad as fuck

Windows users have to go through all this shit just to stop microshit from spying on them and lmao having to install some random pirated proprietary software to customize the start menu lmao

and then you people turn around and say linux is hard to use and needs customization which is so hard!!!

windows users are truly brainlets

I already have LTSB
When fuck is the next version coming out

literal retards, dude they use windows for fucks sake

> Windows
No thanks, I'll stick to Linux.
I may try it again if it one day become Open Source, Free, and doesn't spy on me

Can't download Win 7 for MS site anymore without a key tho.

Literally read what I posted.
We acknowledge that there are a few http requests still active (however substantially less than what is going on in the build OP made).

>that wallpaper
What?

>banned for advertising
So sharing a project that helps users mitigate the crap in windows 10 is advertising now? What is this thread (and the 10 other ones like it everyday) then?

Never Notify != turning off UAC
If you actually turn off UAC, UWP apps actually stop working altogether

if shit in pic is true you have MUCH more problems with your build LOL

If my computer is new (never used) and I want to change the version that come installed I still need to format to change the windows version or I can change without need to format it?

>taking up half the screen

It's always the best to format the HDD and perform clean installation, by doing "upgrade" there will be a lot of garbage files left that will cause performance problems or other issues

shouldn't have bought trash

Are there any open source activation methods?

And then a forced update in the middle of the night overwrites all your carefully researched and applied settings cranking the spying back up to 11.

It won't, LTSB receives only security updates, those won't override your custom settings, only CB/CBB "feature updates" of Home, Pro and normal Enterprise editions will do that, but not LTSB.

>"Torrent cracked version of StartIsBack++"
>it's three fucking dollars
WEW LAD

>how to do too much work and degrade my OS
no thanks
you paranoid fucks have an inflated sense of self-worth
just use the most actively supported version and keep security updates current
encrypt valuable data with a key stored on a smartcard if it really matters
morons

oh look
security expert here

>projecting

Enjoy your UWP bloatware then, Enterprise LTSB users are free from it

GNU/Linux users always were

Also, 2016 is the most current "actively supported" version in Long Term Servicing Branch, it receives security updates all the fucking time, which are alright, next version of LTSB will be released in 2019, there is no LTSB 2017 and there won't be LTSB 2018. Do your research.

Guys, they are still doing the Windows 10 free upgrade. And not only that but the upgrade gets you a legitimate license from a pirated windows 7 or 8. Licensing can tied to a Microsoft account... Which can be transferred once I think. So I was planning on installing pirated windows over and over again and then upgrading over and over again, I guess on different mobos.... But still. Have you guys tried this? Seems like a handy way to stock up one legit Windows licenses without Russian cummies in it. Anyone else here
D E V I L I S H?

I knew feelposters were dumb, but not this dumb, holy shit.

I'm still using Win XP. I'm thinking eventually I'll get a chromebook for web browsing and continue using the Win XP machine for everything else. For me "everything else" is primarily note taking with WordPad.

Unless you play games I can't possibly understand why you would still use Windows at home.

>windows

1. Install Windows 7

Playing games and photoshop/illustrator, since Gimp and Inkscape can't really do what I do with Photoshop.
I use my laptop with Ubuntu for everything else though. Yeah, I know >Ubuntu

>Adobe software
>Sony Vegas
>FL Studio, Ableton Live, VSTi

Show me any good Linux alternatives for those [spoiler] Protip: You can't [/spoiler]

>not using the superior Education edition

>He isn't archiving 100 Microsoft accounts with legit keys in Keepass for future motherboard/CPU upgrades

I am
PLUS all the perks on my OS work
+ settings actually sync between computers
+ user profile data seamlessly syncs over OneDrive
+ get smartphone notifications through Cortana
+ latest PowerShell modules
+ latest Linux subsystem
+ latest Hyper-V and containers
more get added with feature updates
you don't get this if you lock and cripple your shit

>all those useless features for plebs
>as something valuable

I don't know anyone who ever used any UWP app, even the fashionable, mainstream gay hipsters hate Cortana

fixed my friend

>install gentoo
fuck! you beat me to it, you faggot

>+ settings actually sync between computers
You could use dropbox, or stop being retarded and use owncloud.
>+ user profile data seamlessly syncs over OneDrive
Same as above.
>+ get smartphone notifications through Cortana
Why would anyone want that?
>+ latest PowerShell modules
See above
>+ latest Linux subsystem
You could also use linux.
>+ latest Hyper-V and containers
See two answers above.

where can i actually get a clean ltsb iso ive been using the generation2 one from tpb literally only one i could find had it for like 8 montha but it sketches me out since it wasnt a clean iso

only on your 240p memepad desu

On ms website

Here, user:
the-eye.eu/public/MSDN/Windows 10/

Grab: en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.iso

do you not need a msn acount do download it?

>No Cortana in edu edition
Tf you talking about? I’m running edu right now and Cortana is available.

DO NOT Download LTSB from MS website, there is only Evaluation Copy, which is IMPOSSIBLE to activate using KMS.
You need VL copy which is only available to enterprises, MS doesn't give out those .iso images to the public.

Just follow this guide.

github.com/adolfintel/Windows10-Privacy

>HOW TO FIX WINDOWS 10
Install Windows 7

>PowerShell
>Linux subsystem
>useless
>for plebs
gtfo
enjoy your shitty, less functional windows

>Windows 7
Yes, that's another option, but soon it won't be possible when new hardware will stop supporting Windows 7, also Windows 10 is a little faster than 7 because of kernel improvements

Education WAS enterprise-tier, but now Microsoft decides to downgrade it. No more ReFS and no Application Guard in 1709. Did not confirm this, but I guess the max hardware is the same as Pro/Home/S instead of Enterprise/ProForWorkstation.

>You could use dropbox, or stop being retarded and use owncloud.
no, you couldn't
we're talking about actual settings
I just log into another computer, and settings and apps just sync as they should; like iOS and macOS had ages ago
>Same as above.
not as seamlessly integrated
open yourself to a world full of security descriptor headaches
>Why would anyone want to see and possibly answer calls and texts from their computer?
>Why would anyone want to control more of their computer from PowerShell and possibly script it?
>You could also use linux
I practically am, it's great.
>Why virtualize?
bitch, please

It's also twice as big. Idk, I haven't used Win7 for years, but I don't remember it being as fucking slow as Win10.
Though maybe it was just because I didn't have an OS to compare Windows to and thought it was nornal to wait 5 seconds for Powershell to open.

Is PowerShell a meme or actually useful?

its terrible

Whats the hash for latest VL_N edition?

LTSB is for business systems meant for limited functionality
>Specialized systems—such as PCs that control medical equipment, point-of-sale systems, and ATMs
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/waas-overview#long-term-servicing-channel
it gets NO feature updates
it only gets security updates
the consumer targeted features are stripped out
I don't know about you, but I want to get the most out of a closed source piece of crap, not lock myself into a piece of garbage that never improves

>i want the longest and juiciest cocks in my mouth not some microdicks

>dont want to reinstall your os with cracks

Some useful tools for normal windows10:

ShutUp10 - Disables Telemetry and Botnet features
Autoruns - Shows you every single thing that runs on startup from many places

If you want windows 'features' you might as well install regular win 10

>LTSB is for business systems meant for limited functionality and for people who hate UWP app crap

Fixed that for ya

>fix windows 10
>only 6 steps
>thinks the hosts file actually blocks the telemetry
that's cute.

>Let's make this go viral Sup Forums.
this isn't even close to comprehensive and I'm not in the habit of spreading misinformation

you cant turn off all the spyware, it runs on kernel-level. get the chinese govt version, at least then your shit is inside the great firewall instead of western kikes.

>it gets NO feature updates

You say this like it's a bad thing but this is a huge benefit to power users. Every feature update since win 10s inception has caused issues for users. It's the only way to have a remotely stable windows 10 experience and is the primary reason I use LTSB.

fucking this. it's like old versions of windows where you get no fucking bloatware pre-installed.

Do you have to do anything special or can you just activate it (picto, daz, toolkit), make a microsoft account, sign out, and rinse and repeat?
Is microsoft actually that incompetent?

>being this new

Yeah that's the part that interests me, I've been running LTSB much like OP describes but Anti-Beacon.. I don't see what would be incompatible about LTSB/Enterprise in it, or why WPD is better.

Exactly.. it's fucking disgusting the way M$ is shoveling all this buggy bloated spyware that fucks so many things up down everyones throats... But thank fucking god for LTSB I hope they keep releasing it and don't find a way to fuck it up horribly but it's M$ of course they will

i want the chink version without MS spyware, even if the chink govt gets my info instead...

The only thing incompatible is the Linux shell apps because LTSB doesn’t have a fully functioning WSL in it (inb4 spammed with ‘you’re fucking retarded’, try it yourselves) so even if you install the Store, you can’t install a Linux shell to use with WSL.

Other than that, until a program absolutely requires something introduced in the later builds of Windows there isn’t anything incompatible.

Here I go

>i want the longest and juiciest cocks in my mouth not some microdicks
you get that whenever you use Windows
don't kid yourself

that's exactly what I'm saying
just install the regular OS and keep it patched
unsupported/non-standard changes cause a maintenance and security nightmare in the longrun
Windows is not Linux where basic modifications work as they should: it's always a pain in the ass, and it will bite you later

>You say this like it's a bad thing
it is a bad thing
feature updates sometimes fix broken features
I remember Remote Assistance no longer working on earlier releases getting fixed in later releases
that is likely not the only feature