>still won't let you have a local file as the newtab page
lol

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/DJzC9rF8
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/new-tab-override/
wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1513009610467.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

more importantly can I get rid of this deadspace in the new firefox?
I'm thinking not considering I heard shit about them trying to phase out userscripts
so the question becomes what's a usable alternative at the moment (or what was the best version of firefox that can keep up), and who's going to fill that gaping void of a customisable browser

I suppose another question would be why do mozilla seem so intent on 'phasing out' their actual userbase and fans in favour of a cheap google chrome knockoff

literally no alternative, the browserjew won
>why do mozilla seem so intent on 'phasing out' their actual userbase and fans in favour of a cheap google chrome knockoff
it didn't give them enough shekels :^)

Waterfox is p good, keeps support for legacy extensions and has support for WebEx, unlike a certain other fork

After changing from Chromium to Firefox when Quantum came out I have to say this is fucking retarded. Why the hell should I need to serve my own god damn webpage at 127.0.0.1 instead of just linking it as a file. It's retarded beyond belief.

What is even more retarded than that is that you can't have an addon that clears or automatically marks everything in the URL bar for easy replacement.

It still has more customization and it is far smoother in Linux than Chromium, especially on 144Hz screens, but fuck me that is pants-on-head retarded.

would've been cool if they pulled a jimmy@wikipedia on it, I'd give em 20 quid a year
>a certain other fork
palemoon? please spell it out for me I don't know much

>im too dumb to set up a local html server

>local html server

You mean your filesystem?

You use httpd as a filesystem?

it's what I did though, I just think it's stupid I have to do so just so I can have a custom newtab

No i mean localy hosting a http server with something like darkhttpd

Yes palemoon

Why are you using httpd to serve simple html/css/js files? Just point to the folder on your computer...

You don't need a full blown web server running on your laptop for a new tab page user

Custom url and pointing blocked pages to home page with host file

Yes

share firefox css please user

Its a hacked up mess

pastebin.com/DJzC9rF8

die then >:(

>network manager

lol look at this hipster brainlet. can't even configure wpa_supplicant. What retarded distro r u using. hahahshahaha lmaooo

you can remove these empty spaces in the customize section.

Customize -> drag the empty spaces out

But it does work. You just need to combine everything (css, js, images, etc.) into one giant html file.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/new-tab-override/

can you tell me how to get rid of the tab bar and just have a tree on the side
what extension or setting or whatever
thanks

>uding the smiley with the carat nose

I was referring to the "dead space" of a second tab bar, the spacing around the address bar does not really bother me.

Nice

>a month since release and people still don't know about userChrome.css

Look up how to find / edit firefox's userChrome.css, and paste the following in it:

@namespace url("mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");
#TabsToolbar {
visibility: collapse !important;
}

If you want to get of the header above your side tabs that says "Tree Style Tabs" add the following aswell:

#sidebar-header {
visibility: collapse !important;
}

not op but wpa_supplicant just never worked for me

Somehow managed to quote the wrong thing.

Tree Style Tabs

Distro?I used to be in your place.

after spending time trying to fix everything quantum fucked up I just bit the bullet and switched to Chormium. it just wasn't worth it. only thing I really miss is being able to read what the tabs are, chromium tries to show me all of them at once instead of allowing me to scroll through.

Arch, ended up using a wired connection.
How did you make it work ?

Time to use debian. Wifi drivers and wpa_ supplicant worked for me on debian flawlessly. You know why i didn't use arch? It's hard to install pretty much. I mean, if you managed to actually install arch by reading the documentation, why can't you get wpasupplicant working? Just doesn't add up.

Anyways get debian net iso
wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse

If you have any questions ask me.

What_is_browser.newtab.url

>using GUI programs in the current year

that was removed like 3 years ago you idiot

Thank you, but my Arch works perfectly fine now, and after installing it once, you can install it pretty much every time under 10 minutes.

Arch is bloat. kys nigger

I know i'm considering void actually

Wtf I love firefox now.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1513009610467.webm

>picking a hipster distro
Keep making mistakes in life

oh my god why don't you just shut up and let me screw my life up

no cunt. Install debian

But it's so easy to install ...

Does it still re-download images already displayed on loaded pages when you choose to save them?

Why not just edit their local home.xhtml file?