What phone do you use?

What phone do you use?

I have the KEYone BLACKED Edition through AT&T

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2016/12/16/13979914/blackberry-global-branding-phone-rights-tcl
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For other KEYone users, on Clover, turn the phone sideways and use the keyboard scrolling for a maximum /comfy/ browsing experience

how is it boi? I'm looking for something similar

BlackBerry Q10

I've been using a one plus one since it was new. It does everything I need it too, and more. The battery either lasts one day or three, it's a moody little thing.

I've had my heart set on this phone for a while now, but I haven't gotten the money yet to buy it unlocked. Is it a worthy investment? How does the physical keyboard feel? I've tried it at Best Buy, and it makes me focus more on what I'm typing, which is good imo.

I'm 31 and never owned a cell phone. I think I may have to bite the bullet soon.

Follow-up question: what kinds of plans could I get with this phone? I'm looking to spend the least amount of money possible since I'm on a bit of a tight budget.

>can't get root access
>isn't supported by lineage os

What's the point?

I don't have to deal with a bullshit touchscreen keyboard

I got the Motion. Liking it a lot so far, though admittedly I don't use any of the BB software.

Was on sale when I needed a new phone.

don't forget
>shit build quality
>self-removing screen

That was just if you got one at release, they've fixed the issue.

xz1c and keyone.

S8+

oneplus 3t

Zuk z1

Reminder that anybody with an Apple, Samsung, or Google phone is a normie sheep.

Anybody with a Motorola, Sharp, or Huawei is a poorfag teenager.

Anybody with a BlackBerry or any dumbphone is a tech-illiterate senior.

Current phone is an absolute piece of shit, the Samsung J1 Mini
The battery doesn't last more than 15% and half the touchscreen doesn't work, and if your hands have even a little bit of sweat/water the screen shits itself
My bf is taking pity on me and sending me his old phone, an HTC Desire 626. Anyone know anything about it? Pic related, I should be getting it in a week or two

Does HTC even still exist? I heard all sorts of hype about them with those phones then they just fell off the radar.

How can I be a tech-illiterate senior when I'm a tech-literate young adult?

Do you prefer an evening in to an evening out? Do you prefer a quiet bar to a club? Do you like to have the news on - even in the background, sometimes? Do you find crosswords fun? Bingo? Bowling? Do you find yourself unable to relate to the youth of today? Do you know how to operate a VCR?

Congratulations, you're a senior.

bait but I'll bite
how does it feel being a friendless hkv?

I'm 21, I don't see why using a decent phone means I'm ancient.

Just because he doesn't have a cell phone doesn't mean he can't use a computer, you moron.

another virgin, huh

>BlackBerry
>a decent phone
Enjoy your literal Chinese spyphone made of dollar-store plastic, user.

My phone was made by BlackBerry, not TCL

Apparently. I've only ever seen one in the wild, and I would probably never get an HTC myself but I'm getting it for free. The reviews make it sound pretty decent.

And who owns BB, retardo?

theverge.com/2016/12/16/13979914/blackberry-global-branding-phone-rights-tcl

Oh, but BB is a "Canadian" company. Who owns Canada, moron?

No, dumbass. My phone was made before that happened.

So the BB from before stayed a separate company with no ties to the Chinese government, eh? Awesome, didn't know things worked that way ever. Good thing you're here, kiddo. For a second there I thought you might be some sort of tech-illiterate troglodyte.

I have the unlocked keyone on tmo

I never said TCL didn't own BlackBerry. I said my phone was manufactured by BlackBerry, not TCL.

It doesn't matter who manufactured it when the brand (and all it's sensitive stored data, along with backdoor information) is owned by China.

We were discussing build quality issues, if you want to address software issues as well you're free to bud don't just gradually shift the goalposts like that.

Why not buy locked and spend $5 on ebay to have pajeet or xiangmin unlock it for you?

Passport still looks better

Keyone silver

And passport users
>inb4 rotating a square

I got an LG Phoenix 3 for $50 and I'm completely content. It's my first smartphone

BlackedBerry users: can you opt to not use google?
On other phones, I just install an AOSP ROM, but I hear there is a lack of HW support, so I was wondering what you do?

passport reporting in

Well by that logic so is everyone

This

currently using a passport
want to get a keyone next month, gf has one and I like it so far, no BLACKED edition tho.

>no custom Rom support
the only thing that could drive me away from the keyone. On the other hand I'm on business trips at least once a month and use gmaps a lot, have yet to find a replacement for that.

Locked bootloader

A busted up Redmi note 3
Lovely phone, still holding strong with a massive crack on the screen. Battery lasts forever.
Sad that chinks don't make decent iphone size phones, else I would have already upgraded

>Samsung J1 Mini
How can you still manage to use a phone with 1GB RAM? I recently turned on my Moto G LTE and the damn thing slows to crawl once I turn on more than 1 app.

worlds most aesthetic phone obviously
or at least I used to until it refused to turn on this morning and wont charge

thanks blackberry!

>worlds most aesthetic phone
That's not a Passport

correct, it's a priv

Yes, I know you posted a Priv, but the first sentence of your post implies you meant to post a Passport.

but that's wrong!

how did you like the priv before today? I only read bad things about it and that there is no reason to get it over the keyone (except that it's only 200€). I really like the idea of a slider

I love it but i'm not really a smartphone guy (re: I use the internet, call and text people, rice and not much else)

It's aesthetic, the keyboard is great, the camera is pretty decent BUT

>battery is shit after a while (1 day max)
>gets hot if you try to do anything other than the aforementioned

Other than it's pretty good. Don't regret it at all and I paid £250 for it. No idea why the battery randomly died last night though, it's happened to me before then fixed itself out of nowhere so it's probably a problem on my end. The display is great as well btw, QHD amoled for £200 ish is a bargain.

There was information in a tcl document that points to keyone 2 being released early next year IIRC, would wait and see if any more news comes outs at CES which was when the keyone was revealed this year. This years model would get a lot cheaper if you're on a tight budget

>my contract ends on january 18th
well fuck I can't wait that long

It's great. Don't look for something similar, just get the keyone

You can get it as a finance deal thing at AT&T

A BlackBerry without a keyboard isn't really a BlackBerry imo

He could just be like 60.

He's 31.

A Oneplus 5. Bought it to replace my Nexus 5. It's a bit to big for my taste, but other than that it's been a decent replacement.

>Locked phone
>Unlocked phone
What the fuck is wrong with Americans. How do they even DARE to talk about freedom and muh FOSS after this shit ?

It is sensitive in the micro-usb. Give it the wireless.

Honestly no. You feel nostalgic about it now but it's a big mistake. The current trend of 18:9 phones is genius because the extra tall displays allow for plenty of room for keyboards without affecting the content above too much.

Avoid keyboard phones. Stop trying to live in the past and move on. Things are hard but they won't be hard forever. And I'm just talking about my erectile dysfunctional.

Touchscreen keyboards are utter trash.

No you just don't know how to type for shit. EVERYONE types faster on touch screen display and even with text correction you still type faster than physical keyboards. Stop living in the past you idiot. You are the reason Blackberry is self sabatoging their business.

>No you just don't know how to type for shit
I type faster on a touchscreen as well. EVERYONE types faster on touch screen display
>Stop living in the past you idiot
I'm not.

The only way to win is to never buy a phone

Keyone still has predictive text

I don't get the physical keyboard meme. It takes a few weeks of getting used to typing on a screen and then it's actually easier.

There are these things called opinions, and many peoples' own opinions will differ from yours.

fuck you niggers, I got a flip phone!

I had the Keyone but I returned it.Loved the physical keyboard, but it bothered me that for the money I paid, the specs did not reflect that and Blackberry not saying anything about the Oreo update.

>tfw exploit chain for apple costs 10x more than exploit chain for android
>android is quality

That's not a jolla

Going out of your way to get a worse phone just for the keyboard shows an unwillingness to change said opinion or a low capacity for adaptability though.

>Going out of your way
It's not like I need to do some special ritual to get a BlackBerry, I buy it online like I would any other phone.
>to get a worse phone
In my opinion it's a better phone because of the keyboard.
>low capacity for adaptability
When I was using my iPod touch regularly I was touch typing at ~70wpm. This has nothing to do with adaptability, again, it's preference. I'll happily take a 15wpm drop for an input method I like much more.

WHAT'S THAT JEW DOING TO THE CAT?

Blackberry Keyone Silver edition. I got it unlocked at ~€450.

>is it a worthy investment?
It depends both on your habits and on the tasks you want your phone to perform. What I can say is that the Keyone is exceptional value for what I need.

>how does the physical keyboard feel?
It may take a bit to get used to it, but then it's hard to come back to a standard keyboard. The physical keyboard on the Keyone is very clicky, it's accurate and it has some very useful features.

This thread is addressed to a mature audience.

>I still meme on issue that were risolved months ago

I use Google services because they're useful and I'm not paranoic about the violation of my privacy. Unless you're a pedo or a terrorist, noone literally cares about what you do on your phones. Grow up.

>priv
Literally the worst BB phone ever made.

>current trend
>genius
Go to school. The physical keyboard is more accurate, it's easier to use, it's less heavy on resources and it doesn't limit screen view as much as touchscreen keyboards do.

It takes a few days to get used typing on a physical keyboard and then it's actually more accurate and more productive.

Keyone isn't designed for people wanting big specs. Big specs = short battery life = not suitable for working.

Lol women always getting free shit/hand outs while constantly padding themselves on the back.

Have redmi 4 pro but will get something else shortly. Not a bad phone but there are few issues with it.

- huge bug that renders wifi half usable when BT turned that will probably never get fixed
- horrible 2G RF performance
- no equalizer over bluetooth
- poverty mobile vibe from all retarded pajeets spamming forums with bad info

My wife usually just pads her front.

>is an item whose value depreciate over time a worthy investment ?
it's not even an investment

If you're faster on a touchscreen why do you prefer the physical keyboard? Is it erotic?

It helps me focus on the words I'm writing. I'm not so much concerned about speed as I am about writing and making fewer errors. Like writing longhand or using a typewriter. You concentrate on the words more.

LOL
the value isnt in the market value of the phone
its the experience and the use you get out of it you dumb nigger

>More comfortable to type on
>more accurate, I've got autocorrect disabled.
>keyboard's always there, ready for keyboard shortcuts or instantly searching without needing to tap some box to activate the software keyboard
>can scroll using space and shift space
>T and B are home and end
>S = Ctrl+F
>P and N are back and forward

why the fuck would you not just save up and buy the phone if you get a contract you dont even own the device for 5 years and end up spending triple of what the phone costs

this isn't how any carrier has done contracts in a long time

>Answer yes to all questions
>Is 22
Oh boi

It's a shitty budget phone. Don't expect much of an improvement.

Jelly pro

This one

It's ungodly shitty. I hate this phone with my entire soul, I got it because I needed a phone quickly and I got it for 50 buckaroos new
I'm not a woman
Aight thanks