Browse Sup Forums

>browse Sup Forums
>they easily make over 100k only with community college CS degree while writing retarded react native apps
>It's even all 9 to 6 jobs
>be a fucking code monkey gook in gookland
>barely make 20~30k a year even though I graduated quite good university in my country
>work over 60 hours a week
>everyone is incompetent retards

It's a pain, It's a fucking pain. How can life be this unfair?

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/james-altucher/dont-pay-your-credit-card_b_7988486.html
reddit.com/r/hapas
youtube.com/watch?v=R3DrepKrn2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where do you live user? Give the info.
Also $100k is not made by people w/ community college CS degrees. It's made by graduating from top university and in high cost of living areas that drop it effectively down to like $60/70k. Coders get fucked everywhere, they industry set it up this way for years w/ international wage arbitrage and forcing people into high cost of living areas...

It's fair enough, animetard. You deserve to suffer.

South Korea

>tfw can't afford community college and have no prior coding experience

At least you can get a job. All I do is deliver pizzas and I feel like I am never going to get out of debt.

>MFW op lives in taiwan
>t. user studying in taiwan....

This. Programmers are, on average, considerably underpaid for how critical a role they play in the corporate apparatus.

So how's your face when i'm living in taiwan? (I'm not tho)

It really is a shitty feeling. I'm about $4,000 in debt (and counting) and I have no way of getting out of it.

your skills weren't enough to penetrate the bottom line of a over saturated market
its very fair
you chose poorly and didn't have the appeal to get more money

what kind of debt?

$1000 mental hospital debt.
$1600 student loan debt.
$1000 credit card debt.

And I still have to catch up on my internet and phone bills.

Damn
I'll quit my job and commit to tons of github projects while studying English for a year so I can get a job in Europe or NA

Welcome to the Inner World of IT, now you are finally one of the plebs

move to overseas, they cant catch you there

I still wouldn't have any money. I don't want to be poor forever but it's starting to look like suicide is my only option.

Sucks.
Read up on what happens when you don't pay on those debts.
This is a fun read
huffingtonpost.com/james-altucher/dont-pay-your-credit-card_b_7988486.html

coding is the next blue collar job

people dont go to school to learn how to program, they learn how to manage, design, and do all the higher level work needed to tell you what to code. If you want to get out of the cycle, get out of being a code monkey

>how can life be this unfair
Because you're a bulli

bad picture you bulli

>huffington post

get that shit out of here

what fucking idiot drew this picture? if someone hangs themselves to u really fucking think their feet would be sticking straight down like that? jesus fucking christ

I'm learning algorithms and data&network structures to escape this shitty life

Can you recommend me good books to study them?

It depends on the type of coding, no? I'm sure people in data science for Google, etc. aren't anywhere near replacement. Math-literate programmers still have a bright future imo. It's just the people who expect a lot from just knowing syntax and "problem solving" who will be sorely disappointed.

>being smart enough to graduate university with CS degree
>not being smart enough to realize that the internet is a world wide market place
>not being smart enough to exploit access to world wide market
>being this dumb and working in a 9-6 job, making pennies
get your act together

Basically me except in the east coast US.

The big (((corporations))) treat programming as a custodial/manual labor level job now, and there's no good reason you can give to the goldberg 50 levels above you why you shouldn't be replaced by someone even cheaper. Maybe in the smaller startups where the SW engineers have a say in how to do their own job are valued more and paid more (or just in the large silicon valley giants in general), but in a typical corporate/contractor slave farm, you're nothing more than a cheap tool that does what the 500 managers and architects above you tell you to do. Nevermind the incompetence and overhead that brings, or how clueless they all are about the inner workings of the systems you're (they're) making, or how information gets distorted when it has to go through 50 levels and departments before it reaches the people making it. Doesn't matter what language or hardware or under what contract you're working with (not just shitty Java/Web dev/SQL garbage, I've seen this happening with C, C++, Assembly, Ada, fortran, UNIX systems, defense contracts, etc), the (((execs))) don't understand and think everything can be outsourced, keeping the bottom line wage low while multiplying their own executive salaries.

But user, it wouldn't be cure otherwise.

>calling the kettle black

op its because all asians can code. import niggers and you will rise above

And yet nobody's unionizing to negotiate better working terms, because somehow everyone's already *this* close to striking it rich in this mythical industry. So unpaid overtime it is.

>How can life be this unfair?
You are literally everything that is wrong with this world right now. You are the cancer that slowly eats away the future of the human race.

Let me spell it out for you real slow in big letters so you can follow, you fucking mongoloid:

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LIFE AND YOUR FUTURE.

There won't be a magical job landing at your feet, some winning numbers on a lotto ticket or a random event that profoundly change your life.

Stop whining like a fucking helpless child and take charge. Move. Change jobs. Change your friends. Change your lifestyle.

But most of all, change the way you think. You are not entitled to anything.

I hate you, your generation and everything it stands for.

dont think you know what that means lol

>live in South Korea

Found your problem if you are Korean. Have fun getting cucked for life.

If you're white and not immediately shitting on everyone and climbing the ladder then you are also a retard in good company.

t. Someone Else Who Lives in Gookland

>Have fun getting cucked for life.
;_;

>t. A shameless white racist sexpat living in Asia
Fix'd reddit.com/r/hapas

Korean work conditions are known for being absolutely insane. 60-80 hours no overtime is expected with shit wages.

However if you are actually skilled you will work somewhere reputable and international get paid a fuck load more and probably won't work more than 30-40.

>Korean work conditions are known for being absolutely insane. 60-80 hours no overtime is expected with bad wages.
Wew. Which Korea is this?

>top university
No.
t. Google employee with community College CS degree.

>working for defense contractor
>working for government
>working with deprecated technology
Kek. Most good tech companies will have 2 people between you and the CEO

Worst Korea of course.

r/thathappened

I always heard that Lesser Korea has excellent living conditions. Difficult to believe stuff like what I am reading here:

What's the Korean programming office environment like? Cubicles? Open space? Farms?

top fucking kek.
> 0.001% of the staff

I don't know what this means.

Probably slightly higher. I know of two others in my org. Many more people from mediocre state schools though.

Well what are we talking about exactly? People don't have to starve and dumpster dive if that is what you mean but many live in very cramped apartments without proper kitchens as well.

The elderly, poor, and disabled are completely ignored and nobody gives a shit in Korean society.

They are also, very much, wage slaves in many occupations. Minimum wage is hilariously low and many of the younger generation have a cultural expectation to "pay their parents back" for raising them.

We get that probably due to your circumstance, you couldn't at least go to a decent state school, however it's important to realize that you're an exception, not the rule

Correct. I was just saying it's not impossible and it's probably more common than most people think.

>this country does not care enough about it poor and elderly
>wages are too low
>many live in small apartments
You are describing something like 90% of the earth.

And shows how it does not have excellent living conditions. Why are you replying if you have nothing to add?

South Korea's unemployment rate is

Reading this shit makes me so glad I chose Automation as my bachelor, you code monkey neets get what you deserve for being afraid leaving your keyboard

Transport and Internet is fantastic.

However, the wealth accumulation is going into the hands of the very few as labour continues to get exploited and is forced into unpaid work.

To be fair, this country was in complete shit 30 years ago and does have a far way to go. They do live better than before.

However I believe the word "excellent living conditions" is an exaggeration.

Have you tried slacking off and just pretending to work?

boomer opinions do not matter

>However I believe the word "excellent living conditions" is an exaggeration.
In all probability, what you have seen is more accurate than what I read and heard. I have never been there, but my friends who went there for a week came back breathless with praise.

Depends on where they stayed.

If you go to Gangwon-do, for example, you will see 65 year old men and ladies literally dragging around carts to pick up the garbage that is just tossed into piles on street corners.

A lot of the wealth is very centrally located to a few cities (Seoul, Busan) and then even more centralized to a small upper class.

>If you go to Gangwon-do, for example, you will see 65 year old men and ladies literally dragging around carts to pick up the garbage that is just tossed into piles on street corners.
youtube.com/watch?v=R3DrepKrn2s

That's what I'm doing now

That's a good video dawg.

I'm sad now.

;_;

this

but you can see those elderly picking up trash in Seoul and Busan as well

>boomers think they get a say in anything

100%, and I mean literally every single reason you hate the millennial generation is your own doing.

You can't live lives on nothing but hopes, loans, and """efficiency""". Then tell your kids that they can do or be whatever they want and that they're special and deserve the world and then come crying when society comes crashing down around you.

You can be as pissed off at that user as you want, but the reality of the situation is that every person that thinks like OP is bred in that way because the retarded boomer-generation essentially rode easy-street while their parents slaved in mines and plants all across the world.

All boomers have ever done is build debt, raise retard-children and complain when those children inevitably don't become the rockstars you claimed they could be.

You are probably the most damaging stock of humans ever put on this Earth.

Bump for interest

You see the elderly picking up trash all over Seoul during the super early morning and late night.
Korea is really food looking country. Excellent place to be a tourist and if you got money. Lots of deep and dark problems under the surface.
It seems great as a tourist, but the problems of Korea are not so easy to see on the surface.

OP, learn English well and emigrate to Europe or the US. At least you can get a job in Norway. Especially if you get a master's degree here. It is free but you have to pay for your own living expenses. I know several Koreans who have done it. But then you better learn Norwegian as well...

Become a kpop boyband star. BTS just opened the door for normies to start openly liking kpop. You'll be rich in no time

I don't have enough money to take a plastic surgery.

Nigger you should feel lucky that you only have $1600 student loan debt, I easily have triple that amount

Nice greentext OP.
Really shows how much of a faggot you are for taking anything said on this site as truth.
Congrats.

>Norwegian
What's the difference with Swedish and Finnish? Literally curious.

>Learn English
I'm already doing it, That's why I started Sup Forums

Do Engineers get paid better where you live OP? What about electrical engineering, is there demand?

This

> How can life be this unfair?
It's the definition of life.
If that saddens enough to demotivate you, there's something wrong with your brain, check your health. Healthy person will dig further no matter what.

just keep programming and after a few years you'll break the glass ceiling. it's gonna suck, but entry-level positions usually do. don't fucking quit your job because you think you're worth more unless you have a contract stating you're going to make more money. it's a bad move and recruiters will avoid you like the plague for YEARS if you do this.

I have no degree and I'm unemployed. you can take your 30k a year cushy programming job and go shove it up your ass you ungrateful little shithead

i took a service desk job and now i'm level 2. i just use sccm all day and chill. i speak on the phone with a customer MAYBE twice a day. I love my job.

The difference between Swedes are not that big. Similar language, but better pay in Norway, less people in Norway, better cities in Sweden, more interesting work and tech companies.
Swedes and Norwegians are like two very similar brothers that LOVE each other very much. We just got more money .
Finish is very different, totally different language but in many ways similar mindset like the Scandinavian countries (Norway, Sweden, Denmark). But because their language is so different they are always the weird one not the group.

There are a lot of companies in Europe that uses English as the office language and that hires foreigners outside of the EU. It is a little difficult, but definitely possible. Get some skills, try to set up interviews and travel there in person on a vacation with several interviews. At least better than low level Korean job, but not close to US pay.

fuck off goy slave, i'm entitled to whatever the fuck i want

Does Denmark have their own language?

>Do Engineers get paid better where you live OP?
Yeah, They earn more money than those majored liberal arts.

>What about electrical engineering, is there demand?
Samsung and fellow Chaebols actively hire them. It's pretty easy to get a job if you majored electric/chemical/mechanic engineering.

Yes. All the countries have their own language, but Norwegian, Swedish and Danish are very similar to each other. Norwegians and Swedish people speak to each other in their native language with few problems. Danish have a hard time to understand the other two so they usually switch to English. Written it is also very similar.
Foreigners struggle with understanding the other languages though.
Copenhagen is the best city in Scandinavia (one of the best in Europe) and good pay, I would choose that if I were to immigrate to Europe.

If I graduate from KAIST or SNU in computer science /engineering master degree, what is the average pay for those in Korea? Working in Seoul or Busan preferably, or maybe Seoul Metropolitan area. Maybe as far as 대전.
Do you have any idea?

50~60k

>Do you have any idea?
You will probably work in Seoul or Gyeonggi-do

USD (WON)? Not more? The chebols don't pay more than that if you get a top job coming out of the top uni with a master's?
I am probably going to study and move to Korea, any tips for maximizing my income?

If you work for over 10~20 years you'll probably get paid around 100k

>The chebols don't pay more than that if you get a top job coming out of the top uni with a master's?
yes

>I am probably going to study and move to Korea, any tips for maximizing my income?

Avoid non-Chaebol(대기업 actually) small company, ironically. (Kakao and Naver are okay tho)

>2017
>working as a dev full time
>not developing FOSS in your free time while working on a job which doesn't suck your soul

Oh, I forgot the most important one. Don't get a job here. Even if you have to, Avoid Korean company. Many international companies like apple and microsoft, ibm have an office here so don't make a fucking mistake

But I won't be able to get my future kgf if I don't work in Korea. I just want big money and then move on to something more relaxed.
I could not get the last one to come with me to Norway ㅠㅠ

What do you do?

>future kgf
They don't worth your life.

>I could not get the last one to come with me to Norway ㅠㅠ
That's sad so

>tfw make only $50k a year in a major US city at a company that doesn't know how to properly develop software.

I am 31 years old. You guys calling me a "boomer" instantly invalidates every single one of your "arguments" against my opinion.

>is your own doing
I seriously did not think that we as a species were this fucked but your responses really shows we are.

>All boomers have ever done is build debt, raise retard-children and complain when those children inevitably don't become the rockstars you claimed they could be.
Again, I am 31 years old. I might actually be YOUNGER than some of you responding to my comment.

Holy fuck you guys are stupid.

invest in bitcoin asap.

or became a youtuber and get easy money

>being smart enough to graduate university with CS degree
>implying you need to be smart to get a CS degree these days

I actually earned 15$ through uploading retarded trump shill videos